• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1.) far cry 3: what's scarier than vas and his band of human trafficking pirates? These god damn sharks, if you need to kill them for crafting supplies, and you happen to have thassalaphobia, well good luck.
Where-to-Find-the-Maneater-Shark-in-Far-Cry-3-924x520.jpg

2.) tomb raider underworld: i cant get passed the first mission because of these shits, fucken horrifying, and the water is murky and dark to make you shit yourself all the more.
250px-Shark.jpg

3.) GTA V: the ocean in grand theft auto 5 is massive and deep. Just dont sale too far out into the sea or fly to far away from los santos because otherwise youll find yourself in the middle of the god forsaken sea with giant fucking great whites. God damn terrifying.
maxresdefault.jpg

special shout out to treasure trove cove's snacker.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Not really a shark but that ugly ass fish thing in Half Life 2 that almost eats you near the start of the game.

Shit spooked me out as a kid.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
jawsNES_6574.png

The thing about a shark, it's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
latest

You might think it's cheating, but they're still part-shark and they're scary as hell so I'm nominating them regardless of what you think.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the one in NOLF messing me up when I was younger. I'm sure it's ridiculous looking now.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
The Forest sharks are terrifying, mainly because they are rare enough that going into the water is feasible but common enough to where your asscheeks are clenched the entire time you are swimming... and when they pop up...

_bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 6, 2019
North of Boston
Somebody should release a game that seems like a regular fishing game but a few hours in JAWS shows up and wrecks your shit.

Maybe the most hours out of any NES game i've owned.
I absolutely loved the underwater exploration - but when jaws showed up he always fucked my shit up.

Same exact thing happens to me with Top Gun but its a plane instead of a boat, and its the aircraft carrier instead of the jaws.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The great white in GTAV was awesome... There's very few times in the game you run into it, you could probably always avoid it, but the moments when it'd attack you like in the diving mini game were amazing... esp if you fended it off with a knife strike.

IT's the equivalent of a bear attack in RDR2.

Oct 26, 2017
There are some good mentions here but the only answer for me is the utter, utter bastard in the abyss in Endless Ocean.

Endless Ocean is a game where you can't take damage or die in any way, and yet pants were shat within.

OP
OP
Secretofmateria

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
04shark.jpg

nothing like a big ass shark to compliment the pitch black backgrounds and poor draw Distance of tomb raider 2!

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I have had nightmares about sharks a few times a month for the last 10 or so years. I guess I'm just terrified of not knowing what direction they're coming from. Their complete silence, speed, and mouthful of daggers.

Bobbing up and down in the middle of the ocean is my greatest fear. Nothing else comes even close.

Despite all this, I still went snorkeling on my Honeymoon 6 months ago and absolutely loved it.

I don't want anything bad to happen to them, but sharks are fucking terrifying.

OP
OP
Secretofmateria

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are some good mentions here but the only answer for me is the utter, utter bastard in the abyss in Endless Ocean.

Endless Ocean is a game where you can't take damage or die in any way, and yet pants were shat within.

i just looked this up, your right, its terrifying. Especially in a peaceful game like endless ocean.

i forgot to mention vr sharks, the scariest of game sharks. I straight up refuse to try this psvr experience
maxresdefault.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
shark97 from Destiny. You know not of what is terrible in this world until you encounter such a creature.

0Cy6qSg.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Every time there is an underwater level in a game, I get the sweats. It stresses me immensely. It is this reason why, despite purchasing Abzu, I stayed the hell away from it.

I remember the opening level of Uncharted 4 stressed me the fuck out because I did not know where I would be faced with any shark or big bitey fishies. The same shit happened with KoTOR (and I think there may have been a sea creature, which I did not personally encounter). It's the reason why I will never ever touch ACIV.

*Senpai has noticed you*

ProtosH

Banned
Jan 28, 2019
there's that one shark in the penguin's lair Arkham City ..you walk on thin ice and the great white shark break it and try to eat you while you paddle on a floating ice boat..scary as f**ck