• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robbery is obviously wrong, but doesn't this feel a little bit right? Lol.

EDIT: just a joke, in case it was not obvious

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
they weren't scalping essential goods lol. it's a video game console. get a grip.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
People celebrating this or saying they don't care because scalpers are profiteering dicks... What do you think the robbers will be doing with these consoles? Donating them to the children's hospital?

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some of ya'll dipshits read this post and still posted your stupidity. Fucking amazing.

I mean, you can be a total fucking dick OP, but I know one of these people and he was selling it at cost when he got jacked.

The idea that they deserve to be robbed because they're scalping is pretty fucking gross.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
You do hate to see it, particularly if these "scalpers" were just people selling a single extra pre-order or legitimately needed the money or something. From the sounds of it, these were mostly one-off Craigslist/Kijiji type sales, not scalpers shipping things out en masse from a warehouse.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
eh Illegal does not mean not moral Using its illegal as an argument is a bad basis for judgement as what's illegal is not always what is immoral.

Okay, how about this: taking something that isn't yours without good reason is immoral? We're not talking about fucking Robin Hood here, these robbers aren't stealing consoles to give them to sick kids in hospitals.

Jesus christ, this forum.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol yes let's laugh at people having their possessions stolen because we're so impatient to get our hands on the next generation gaming consoles that we can't stand someone else having successfully acquired multiples, even if it's just to sell them.

Pathetic.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
User Banned (2 Weeks): Victim Blaming
Are there really people in here excusing scalping? C'mon, son! I don't feel bad for these people. Especially since none of them were hurt.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone cheering on people being robbed needs to get checked. Like seriously y'all are fucking wack, it's a shitty piece of plastic.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
User Banned (5 days): Inflammatory Point of Comparison; Trolling; History of the Same
spider-man-nuovo-funko-pop-riprende-meme-famoso-v3-448224.jpg

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory point of comparison
So basically illegal robbers robbed legal robbers.. fair enough

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Imagine celebrating someone who bought something legally getting robbed for simply trying to resell it by someone who is a thief who is also then going to most likely sell that same console at a much higher than MSRP price. This thread is stupid.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Scalping is crummy but not enough to celebrate threats and theft.
Couldn't have said this better myself and I despise scalpers with everything I can muster. This was one of my fears when picking up my PS5, luckily the GS employee basically took it out to my car for me.

A more fitting punishment for scalpers would be for them to sit on the inventory until they become more available. But robbery, I wouldn't wish that on anyone

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
You seriously think that the robbers aren't stealing these things in order to sell them at inflated rates themselves?

I know a lot of people on here are bummed about not getting new consoles, but damn it's getting ridiculous.

May 19, 2020
I like that the people clapping about this seem to then believe that the robber will also not go on to scalp the system after robbing it from someone else.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
eh Illegal does not mean not moral Using its illegal as an argument is a bad basis for judgement as what's illegal is not always what is immoral.

Good thing that robbery is illegal and immoral. So unless you are leaving the person with a wad of cash to cover MSRP and tax, you can fuck right off.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not gonna celebrate but i'm not gonna pretend that i care. this is why i told a friend who was flipping a series x to be careful because this shit is happening to a lot of people selling stuff on craigslist or other similar apps. i remember a story of this kid getting killed trying to sell some shoes.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Victim Blaming
The people robbing aren't targeting scalpers, just anyone selling the systems. This isn't some Robbin Hood shit.
Its not robin hood its bad people fighting with eachother, which im totally down for. Theres not a lot of reaaons to sell an xbox or ps5 on the streets with someone except greed dude, ill let the 1/100 people who decided to act exactly like scalpers by accident and get robbed of their 600 luxury purchase rest on my conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.