• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawd

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): celebrating armed robbery, creating an inflammatory thread with a misleading headline, threadmaking privileges revoked
Toronto police have issued a safety alert after a spokesperson says multiple people selling gaming consoles were robbed Monday evening.

The safety alert was first posted on Twitter after 9 p.m.

The spokesperson told Global News there were multiple incidents near Yorkdale Mall within a short period of time involving the proposed sales of a "popular" gaming console.

They declined to say which console model or models were involved.

There were no reports of anyone being physically injured.

globalnews.ca

Toronto police issue safety alert after people selling ‘popular’ gaming consoles robbed - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

A Toronto police spokesperson told Global News there were a few robberies of people selling a "popular" gaming console within a short period of time near Yorkdale Mall Monday evening.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I mean, you can be a total fucking dick OP, but I know one of these people and he was selling it at cost when he got jacked.

The idea that they deserve to be robbed because they're scalping is pretty fucking gross.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Hate the game, not the player. Scalpers aren't doing anything illegal.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Yeah, I do hate to see it. Robbery is a crime. They paid for those things and now have nothing. I mean, I don't like scalpers, but this is not cool.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Scalping isn't a crime, robbery is. Get a grip.

Oct 28, 2019

They deserve to experience the trauma of an armed robbery because they dared to sell a console to a fool willing to pay for it. Deserved!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I mean, scalpers are terrible but it's no robbery. So no, I'm not gonna celebrate scalpers getting robbed.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
wait so I have another PS5 that I'm selling, put on for bid on Ebay? Am I a scalper? Does Era hate me?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Scalpers can be annoying but I'm not going to applaud robbery. Come on man. Equivocating these two things is dumb as hell.

You need to get priorities in order.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scalping is a moral issue. Stealing is a legal issue.

One wrong does not justify another wrong.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Robbery is of course a crime, but I simply cannot bring myself to feel sorry for people scalping consoles at ridiculously high marked up prices.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Shit can happen to anyone not just scalpers, the robbers don't give a fuck about what the asking price is, so we really shouldn't be happy or laughing at this.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Get mad at companies exploiting you and other people not fucking private people. Goddamn, scalping of video game consoles is one of the least worrying aspects of living in our capitalist hellworld.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
While being robbed is a terrible thing I don't wish anyone goes through I kinda don't have sympathy for scalpers. Still bad sure but part of me truly doesn't like scalpers

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
If the robbers were some kind of Robin Hood I wouldn't mind, but probably they are others scalpers.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): Victim blaming
Oh a bootlicking thread

The number of people using legality as some sort of high ground is astounding. Plenty of morally questionable shit is very legal and plenty of illegal is morally fine.

I'm not condoning the robbers, but I'm definitely not crying for the scalpers. What goes around comes around.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Code:
They declined to say which console model or models were involved.

Series S hype is real

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how people in this thread are laughing at someone being robbed. It makes no sense.

Some of the people in this thread..wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.