• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Helpfully easy to cook too - sear in hot butter and the second the translucent center becomes opaque white, boom!

it's a good cheap way to impress a date first time they agree to come to your murdervault I mean apartment.

scallops are just amazingly photogenic when cooked and remarkably cheap, usually.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had scallops once, super delicious, also super sure i'm allergic.

obviously be careful but individual shellfish can harbor pathogens that cause extremely serious toxic or anaphylactic reactions but not necessarily to the scallops - stuff can enter the shell or packaging that isn't normally there. But proper clinical testing is the only safe way to check.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
At my friends wedding they had bacon wrapped scallops for on of their appetizers...guess who took the who!e tray?!?!?!😊

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I love Scallops and shrimp.

Oysters, fuck that. Had them once, ended up in the hospital with food poisoning and severe dehydration due to the symptoms that come with food poisoning. That was 12 years ago, haven't had any since.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I can relate to the veggie cause, but these things are too delicious and too basic an organism for me to not read this thread and think of garlic butter.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know that they had so many eyes and that many times you are just eating a fish that's labeled as scallops. So makes it easy for me to avoid as a vegetarian.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
obviously be careful but individual shellfish can harbor pathogens that cause extremely serious toxic or anaphylactic reactions but not necessarily to the scallops - stuff can enter the shell or packaging that isn't normally there. But proper clinical testing is the only safe way to check.
i appreciate the reply but it's been one of those weeks and i'm just not understanding what you're trying to say here. can you dumb it down for me?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i appreciate the reply but it's been one of those weeks and i'm just not understanding what you're trying to say here. can you dumb it down for me?

you may be allergic or reacting to something that got in or on your scallops- rather than to the scallops themselves. Obviously don't test this by eating scallops.

mans if it's happened more than once then yeah you're probably not meant for scallops :-(

I had a CRAZY reaction to shellfish once but doc said it was likely some nasty business that grows or lives on shellfish.

Last edited:

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
My folks tried to trick me into eating these as a little kid by telling me they were white hotdogs. I tried a few, then asked for some regular hotdogs, please.

Have had them at least once since then growing up, with similar results. Shellfish and crustaceans just aren't for me, apparently.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
scallops are like a number one convince a person they like seafood thing

they are insanely good (if not cooked poorly but thats most things)

but thats interesting, they are cool creatures

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
you may be allergic or reacting to something that got in or on your scallops- rather than to the scallops themselves. Obviously don't test this by eating scallops.

mans if it's happened more than once then yeah you're probably not meant for scallops :-(

I had a CRAZY reaction to shellfish once but doc said it was likely some nasty business that grows or lives on shellfish.
ah ok that makes a lot more sense to me, thanks for clarifying.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Aww they look cute when swimming.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Scallops are just "okay" for me. I ordered them a lot and expect my opinion to change of them, but I've only really had one good scallop dish.

I really want to like them, but I think it might be a texture thing that puts me off.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually never had scallops because I didn't know what they tasted like! But I love (raw and fried) clams and (raw) oysters. What am I expecting with a pan-seared scallop?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've actually never had scallops because I didn't know what they tasted like! But I love (raw and fried) clams and (raw) oysters. What am I expecting with a pan-seared scallop?
I don't really know how to describe a scallop taste, but they're nowhere near as bitter as oysters. They do have a weird rubbery consistency, but they're not super rubbery unless overcooked. Delicious though and I'd definitely recommend

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I have seen Ramsey open, gut and cook a scallop.

He wants it on the pan within 5 minutes of being disemboweled. Apparently it should still be pulsating or else it isn't fresh enough for him.

Gordon is fucking serious about food.