• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
The game looks nice but I feel like I'm going to have a seizure every time I watch gameplay footage, so I think I'll pass. I also wanted a lot more from the soundtrack than what they've shown thus far.

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
i thought apple WAS looking or exclusives for apple arcade? of course this one probably isn't one of them as it was announced for switch before we even learned about apple arcade.

"Exclusive" means not on Android for Apple. A lot of the games announced are available or soon to be on Switch, PC etc.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Exclusive" means not on Android for Apple. A lot of the games announced are available or soon to be on Switch, PC etc.
i really doubt they care about android when it comes to games, the gaming market on android is extremely small other than for f2p games, which aren't going to be part of apple arcade.
and yeah, by sequel i don't mean fully exclusive, they just want a short exclusivity window. that's what was reported to be the case:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
i really doubt they care about android when it comes to games, the gaming market on android is extremely small other than for f2p games, which aren't going to be part of apple arcade.
and yeah, by sequel i don't mean fully exclusive, they just want a short exclusivity window. that's what was reported to be the case:

They're the main competitor and Google is launching its own "Arcade" service in the next few days so they are directly competing.

Overland, Hot Lava and a lot of the games announced will be coming in the next few days. There might be a short window for exclusivity but I'm guessing it won't be less than a few weeks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never happening for Sayonara at least.
i don't think sayonara is an exclusive game at all, honestly. i'm thinking there'll be two kind of games on apple arcade:

a, the games where apple is directly involved and paid the devs for exclusivity (either apple approached the dev or the other way around), these will be exclusive to apple arcade for a while and then be allowed to come to pc/consoles.

b, premium games where the dev just wants to put them on apple arcade cuz the market for premium, non-f2p mobile game is super small now. that way they can make some money from thei mobile port, and put the game wherever else they want.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
i don't think sayonara is an exclusive game at all, honestly. i'm thinking there'll be two kind of games on apple arcade:

a, the games where apple is directly involved and paid the devs for exclusivity (either apple approached the dev or the other way around), these will be exclusive to apple arcade for a while and then be allowed to come to pc/consoles.

b, premium games where the dev just wants to put them on apple arcade cuz the market for premium, non-f2p mobile game is super small now. that way they can make some money from thei mobile port, and put the game wherever else they want.

That's an accurate description! We'll see how long they stay exclusive but those funded will make a lot more sense on a mobile device anyways.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
omg! sayonara wild hearts on the apple stage!

f15681354587zk4l.jpg

f1568135526yjkqa.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is likely but also when you do your ESRB you can check whatever boxes you want so they could just be future proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.