• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Alright I will say what I want about that movie.

I genuinely love that movie and that soundtrack is killer. I get goosebumps every time and makes me cry.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I want to say: why is it so hard to find on a streaming service without paying extra? Only watched it once and I can't ever stumble upon it.

I have cable, HBO, netflix, hulu and prime but I look for it, randomly and been never find it.

And I don't want to pay extra.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The movie was well received iirc and continues to be from people whenever this movie comes up in discussion. What is there to say?

And yes the soundtrack is awesome.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Here's what I want to say: why is it so hard to find on a streaming service without paying extra? Only watched it once and I can't ever stumble upon it.

I have cable, HBO, netflix, hulu and prime but I look for it, randomly and been never find it.

It's on Netflix here in Europe so it might be a regional licensing issue but it's also on Prime Video.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Alright I will say what I want about that movie.

I genuinely love that movie and that soundtrack is killer. I get goosebumps every time and makes me cry.

I still don't care about any of the logic or pseudo-science or whatever it may be. There's an emotional 'movement' to that movie that's so unique and affecting. This never happens but that movie made me heave with sobs in the movie theater, I could barely contain some total crying meltdown. I've seen it twice since and it's one of those movies I just let wash over me.

And more on topic, the soundtrack is unbelievably beautiful. The inclusion of church organs was fucking brilliant.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I still don't care about any of the logic or pseudo-science or whatever it may be. There's an emotional 'movement' to that movie that's so unique and affecting. This never happens but that movie made me heave with sobs in the movie theater, I could barely contain some total crying meltdown. I've seen it twice since and it's one of those movies I just let wash over me.

And more on topic, the soundtrack is unbelievably beautiful. The inclusion of church organs was fucking brilliant.

Yeah for sure, there's a bunch of mumbo jump thats also hard to hear but just don't think twice about it and invest in the characters, that part where he tunes in to Murph growing up every time he turns on that recording and him crying breaks me every time.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a genre for this type of space music?
Could listen to stuff like this and the Mass Effect soundtracks all day.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing using a real church organ is also rather uncommon for OSTs.

They really outdid themselves

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
yeah Hans Zimmer was at his peak in this movie, some really emotional tracks. I also find myself sobbing at certain moments in the movie and I pretty much never cry. Its interesting to see how Nolan goes from emotional movies like Memento, TDK, Inception, and Interstellar while I find his last two movies to be fairly dry and disconnected.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Yeah for sure, there's a bunch of mumbo jump thats also hard to hear but just don't think twice about it and invest in the characters, that part where he tunes in to Murph growing up every time he turns on that recording and him crying breaks me every time.

I don't know what the hell he tapped into acting-wise for that scene but I've never felt that affected by an actor crying on-screen. I don't know shit about acting but he really let loose there and it felt like it reached out of the screen.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I've not been a fan of most of Zimmer's modern work since I feel it's kind of devolved into bad imitation minimalism with heavy bass, but it does work for Interstellar.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer No Time For Caution and other songs from the soundtrack, but it's still a great album. That and Man of Steel I think are my two favorite ost of his.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
fucking love the movie and soundtrack. It and Reznors girl with the dragon tattoo are my favorite soundtracks ever.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
It sure i,s and I'm still waiting on my super delayed vinyl of it from Amazon. Amazon sucks.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The whole concept of a barren, lifeless planet with its entire surface covered with knee-high water that is wracked by mountain-high waves and where time moves slower than our world is just peak sci-fi to me. The sense of utter desolation I got when they were on that planet was palpable, and one of the greatest cinematic experiences of my life. Zimmer's score had a hell of a lot to do with it, too.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Say what you will about this movie, it's not very often that an original movie jumps its own shark before the end credits roll. Usually you gotta wait a few sequels for that.

No Time For Caution is one of my favorite Zimmer tracks.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I blame Zimmer for the current state of film scoring and even I'll admit he did good work here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see some love for the movie as well in here. I know the movie and Nolan get a lot of hate but I don't give a fuck. This movie is a masterpiece, and the emotion/connection I felt in some of those scenes are unparalleled. So good

I think it was jointly distributed by WB and Paramount, so there could be some licensing issues with streaming services. Even redeeming the digital code was a pain iirc. Maybe it'll show up on Paramount +?