• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banger?

• Hell yeah

Votes: 340 87.6%
  • Hell no

Votes: 48 12.4%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Heard it yesterday on a video and once again can't get it out of my head. Whatever the next 3D Mario game is, it better feature some jazzy vocal tracks as catchy as this.

Pretty fun contrast to Sonic Forces' main vocal track too. Mirrors the quality of both games.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
hell yea...i actually the first time seeing the song with the music video/ad..shit brought a tear to my eye

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Its a ridiculously memorable track, all you have to do is say Mario Odyssey and its stuck in my head for hours

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
Woah, don't go hating on Fist Bump.

Jump Up Superstar is the superior song obviously, but the music in Sonic Forces is its only redeeming feature.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I love how the bass line is literally this during the "Odyssey, yes see!" part:

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Still can't believe how good it is.
Pretty fun contrast to Sonic Forces' main vocal track too. Mirrors the quality of both games
It's funny because back in 2017 I remember reading some posts made by Sonic fans saying "Sonic and Mario fans may disagree on which game is better, but they both agree that Jump Up Superstar and *whatever is called the Sonic Forces song* are both banger" and I was like "... do we ?"

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Possibly controversial take: I actually can't stand Break Free, but Jump Up Superstar is chef's kiss

Mario Odyssey was delightfully weird. And I loved it
The best thing about the game is that it's oozing with personality and weirdness. All the more reason for them to make a sequel.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"Say what you want..." What, like Mario Odyssey is a controversial game? It's absolutely fantastic.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Imo the song only worked in that e3 trailer. I don't actually like it on its own

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
The best actual level themes, Steam Gardens and Bowser's Kingdom, are both composed by Koji Kondo. That fact tickles me.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Love the game, but that song did nothing for me.
It's cute and cheesy, but it left no impression on me as an actual song, and once I'm done listening to it I've already forgotten it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like the NDE Festival version specifically since it has more instrumentation. The main version is fine but the Festival one is just better.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for platformers, least of all Mario anything but the game got like a 96-97. What's wrong with it?

Is this like how this site treats other acclaimed games like RDR2 and LOU2?

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't care for it. I have some weird aversion to mascot platformers with vocal themes. I'm 99% sure it is Sonic's fault. I prefer Good Egg Galaxy but just from Odyssey, Steam Gardens is clearly the best track.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't care for it. I have some weird aversion to mascot platformers with vocal themes. I'm 99% sure it is Sonic's fault. I prefer Good Egg Galaxy but just from Odyssey, Steam Gardens is clearly the best track.

As I was reading your first two sentences I was like "SONIC" and then you covered it exactly. Sonic music is why my mom hates video games.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
I am much more mixed on the game than the general consensus ( still love the game), and the music overall was a bit of a let down after the masterpiece of an OST that Galaxy 1 and 2 were. With that said, Jump Up Super Star is freaking awesome!

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
steam gardens is better

original.gif

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for platformers, least of all Mario anything but the game got like a 96-97. What's wrong with it?

Is this like how this site treats other acclaimed games like RDR2 and LOU2?
Great movement but the game does nothing to take advantage of it. The objective design sucks and it has enough filler content to be compared to a Ubisoft open world game.

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
"Say what you want..." What, like Mario Odyssey is a controversial game? It's absolutely fantastic.

I think it's more about saying that no matter how one feels about Odyssey, Jump Up Superstar is still a banger.

Sure it's far from being a controversial game, but no game is universally loved. Personally I enjoyed it, but it didn't really blow my mind. But Jump Up Superstar is undeniably a banger, and the segment associated to it was awesome.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm in the clear minority here... but I don't really enjoy that song and it personally don't find it fits well.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
In game I think it's great. It's very memorable. But it's not something I wanna listen to outside of the game. If that makes sense.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
That New Donk City Celebration is without a doubt one of the greatest gaming moments for me and it is all thanks to Jump Up Superstar.
What a fantastic song.