• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2016-09-13_at_1.44.05_PM.0.0.png

Persona 5 wasn't really as hot as I expected but in terms of visuals and overall design there's nothing like it and loved how the combat feels and how everything looks, plus it has some of the coolest looking personas in the whole franchise!

Now is your turn

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Of Us' gameplay never missed a beat. A natural evolution of RE4.

Winter in particular was stellar. Playing as Ellie with more limited options really brought out the core strengths of the game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy don't like seeing Persona 5 in the OP for this thread lol.

On topic- Detroit Become Human is funny at times. Not sure if it's always intentional or not but it is.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The build variety of Dark Souls 2 is incredible. It really balances fun PvE builds and varied, fair PvP builds allowing for way more player expression.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy don't like seeing Persona 5 in the OP for this thread lol.

On topic- Detroit Become Human is funny at times. Not sure if it's always intentional or not but it is.

I genuinely believe once someone with actual talent takes the David Cage style and makes a real game out of it, we're gonna see something magical on our hands.

A story that radically alters depending on your choices where characters die and fail states happen without immediately giving you the chance to undo it. That's incredible.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Shawn Ashmore was the protagonist in Quantum Break.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 made me laugh super hard during one cutscene. Man, that was the best laugh I had in a while. Loved it.
The world is really well done too. I really like that too.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
why are you like this. Really.

my parents raised me to be honest. It was the most positive thing (for real) about the game I despise the most. I am genuinely glad that this game wasn't any longer, because the pacing was already off and it felt like it was dragging on.
the second best thing about the game was the graphics

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I didn't much like Final Fantasy XIII but I thought the combat system was really neat. Maybe one day if it gets re-mastered I will give it another shot.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
This one's always easy, the music in Sonic '06 is pretty terrific, especially the final boss remix of His World.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I really really liked the Plateau section of BoTW, it was really cool to see the ruins of the ToT and get a feel for the game. Then I jumped off though.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried Deadly Premonition because people said it was like the works of David Lynch, it wasn't. Not even remotely close, A few aesthetic similarities with Twin Peaks and that's it. The game is hands down the worst thing I have ever had the misfortune of enduring. But the whistle theme is great.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • Riding motorbikes in GTA games is quite fun.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider's facial animations were pretty good.
  • Assassin's Creed III's opening with Haytham was really cool.
  • I quite enjoyed the Syria section of Uncharted 3. And the ship setpiece was damn impressive (even if it did not fit into the story whatsoever).
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary's version of St Francis Folly was loads of fun.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got two.

God of War has great side characters.

Uncharted LL has really good characters interaction with each other.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
At times Kingdom Hearts 3's combat flows really well and it can make you feel pretty neat. The visuals as well are extremely well done, the environment folks did a helluvah job capturing the details of each respective zones and the animation is best in the biz.

I'm also happy to finally finish the trilogy and close off that chapter of my childhood.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I like the overall art direction of Dark Souls 1.
Now its not that I didn't like it, its more like I personally prefer the sequels since I played those first. So its technically the one I like the least 3.

Oct 26, 2017
GTA V is insanely impressive, especially considering the time and systems it came out on
The Uncharted games all look great, even the first one on the PS3 still holds rather well
Bloodborne plays and feels better than Demon's Souls and has an interesting setting
Luigi's Mansion is impressive for a GC launch title
Pokemon X&Y has some nice music

Last edited:

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Tales of Symphonia 2 has nice art and solid music.

It just couldn't come near the original.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Ridley's other m remix theme is good.

Botw's visuals are really good overall for the size of the game, and the trailer theme was amazing.

Last edited:

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The car in Final Fantasy XV is a really nice and relaxing way for pacing between points of action with fun chatter between the characters, nice scenery and nostalgic music through the radio.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I liked horseback riding in RDR2 a lot. Felt like it should have. Wish most of the other control related actions felt right like that.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The attention to detail in GTA V (and most of R*'s games) is some of the best in the business.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China is cheaply made and a whole lot of nothing but I did like that its the first game to use a Chinese setting.

Hopefully Japan or China get their due in the mainline series soon. Such a waste to let all that history collect dust.