• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Doesn't have to be mainline. You don't have to have played ALL OF THEM to have a least liked FF.

I'll start : Final Fantasy IV has gorgeous music, and its themes are iconic. I really love Uematsu and I used to think he peaked during the Playstation era, but his first peak was clearly FFIV. They're all taylored to be stuck in your head forever and I love it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII has some nice music and is extremely technically impressive.

Final Fantasy XV has some nice music and is extremely technically impressive.

EDIT: Oh, saw it doesn't have to be mainline!

... Final Fantasy Type-0 has some nice music and is extremely technically impressive.

I struggle to come up with a Final Fantasy game that doesn't deliver on either of those fronts at the very least (that isn't a mobile port).

Last edited:

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV had that cool secret platforming dungeon. Honestly the highlight of the game for me.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
XIII has an amazing soundtrack

(it's the only FF game I actively dislike, the sequels fixed most of its problems for me though)

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Least liked.
Hmm... I don't really like FFXIII so I guess I won't comment on that.

... FFXV has a good start to the game.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed FF X's commentary on religion. I also prefer it's combat sytem to ATB.

edit: Final Fantasy games always have great music and great (for the time) graphics

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Firion, as depicted in the first Dissidia game, is way more likeable that more popular leading characters (cloud, squall, tidus)

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Final Fantasy II's Rebel Army Theme is a really great track and the concept of the level up system was cool even if the execution wasn't great.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I once touched myself while looking at Lightning. It was a cold morning I remember.

Dark times.