• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
www.savethechildren.net

After 15 years of blockade, four out of five children in Gaza say they are living with depression, grief and fear | Save the Children International

Sahar*, 9 was injured during the escalation of violence in May 2021 in Gaza, occupied Palestinian territory - Randa Ghazy/ Save the Children...

The report, titled "Trapped", found a huge increase in children who reported feeling fearful (84% compared to 50% in 2018), nervous (80% compared to 55%), sad or depressed (77% compared to 62%) and grieving (78% compared to 55%). It also found that more than half of Gaza's children have contemplated suicide and three out of five are self-harming[ii] .

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Can't say it's at all surprising. Absolutely awful what people living in Palestine have to endure.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Just a never ending tragedy.

No doubt many of these kids will be vulnerable to radicalism as the get older, and who could blame them? If you live in fear your whole life then a chance to lash out at your oppressors sounds at least like a chance to do something, anything, besides wait for the world to become sane.

While I won't treat the Palestinian governments as blameless, in the end Israel is the one with the power to decide the path Gaza and the West Bank take, and when Israel pushes out family after family to take their land in the West Bank, what incentive does Gaza have to do what Israel wants?

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
The tragedy of Palestinians continues on without an ounce of care from the rest of the world.

No doubt many of these kids will be vulnerable to radicalism as the get older, and who could blame them? If you live in fear your whole life then a chance to lash out at your oppressors sounds at least like a chance to do something, anything, besides wait for the world to become sane.
It's not radicalism to want to fight and end the suffering your oppressor inflicts on your people.

Oct 27, 2017
Not shocked at all. Imagine being born in an open air prison, living through a hostile environment that is constantly bombed to shit, and waking up every day not being sure if things will be stable enough to have a "normal" day....

Fuck Israel and their enablers and supporters.

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Not shocked at all. Imagine being born in an open air prison, living through a hostile environment that is constantly bombed to shit, and waking up every day not being sure if things will be stable enough to have a "normal" day....

Fuck Israel and their enablers and supporters.

Agree with everything said here. Fuck Israel

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Israel is a terrorist organization by every definition of the word.
Israelis keep wailing with crocodile tears for the right to defend themselves? Why don't Palestinians have a right defend themselves or their children from fucking invaders? Why don't they even have the right to fucking live?

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
It's hard to keep hope on this situation, it never ends, it never gets better.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Fuck Israel and all it's supporters. Time and time again those who continue to protect them (in any way imaginable) prove to be fucking hypocrites.

Do tell.

If saying 'Fuck Israel' would work, then I'd be the first happy.

But Israel is the big bully here and they have a free pass. During that time Palestine cannot get a stable government, and violence and forced settlement bring more of them to arms. It's a vicious cycle where they both wanna destroy each other.

Administrations in the US change but their full support for Israel is always there, my guess is religion and geopolitics - US wants Israel supports against Iran and other forces in the middle east.

So what do we do, I have no fucking idea. But it's clearly not simple since it's been going on for decades. A big change in american politics would maybe get the ball rolling. I'm not expecting it anymore.

Do you guys have any clues?

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This was always the goal. Make it impossible to live any other way other than under the Israeli way - which just happens to be to extinguish any semblance of Palestine

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They live under a genocidal Israeli siege so like it has already been said I'm surprised it isn't 5 out of 5.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
If saying 'Fuck Israel' would work, then I'd be the first happy.

But Israel is the big bully here and they have a free pass. During that time Palestine cannot get a stable government, and violence and forced settlement bring more of them to arms. It's a vicious cycle where they both wanna destroy each other.

Administrations in the US change but their full support for Israel is always there, my guess is religion and geopolitics - US wants Israel supports against Iran and other forces in the middle east.

So what do we do, I have no fucking idea. But it's clearly not simple since it's been going on for decades. A big change in american politics would maybe get the ball rolling. I'm not expecting it anymore.

Do you guys have any clues?
I'd say the only reason they keep doing these atrocities is because they have the full support of the US. Honestly the whole world is complacent when it comes to the Palestinian struggle.

Oct 28, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): derailing a serious thread
It's not radicalism to want to fight and end the suffering your oppressor inflicts on your people.

Hamas is still a religious fascist organization.

Israel are the ones with the power who could instantly change the situation and instead keep making it worse by building new settlements or constantly bombing Gaza.

But that doesn't mean terrorism on the Palestinian side doesn't exist or is always excusable. Suicide attacks against civilians are never ok.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017

Israel are the ones with the power who could instantly change the situation and instead keep making it worse by building new settlements or constantly bombing Gaza.

But that doesn't mean terrorism on the Palestinian side doesn't exist or is always excusable. Suicide attacks against civilians are never ok.
Israel enables the continued existence of Hamas because they can always point to them as a reason to oppress and kill Palestinians and claim it was to defend themselves from a terrorist organization. It's the perfect cycle from the Israeli conservatives' point of view: murder Palestinians and force them into poverty, desperate Palestinians turn to anyone claiming that they can defend them, including a terrorist organization, Israel uses the support of Hamas as a reason to do more bombing, murder, and theft. I believe the blame for support for terrorism on the Palestinian side is ultimately part of the Israeli's gov plan and thus at least some portion of the blame belongs with them.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Israel is the religious fascist state. The fuck you on about Hamas?This is typical bullshit spread around to keep the warmachine going. Hamas democratically won elections in 2006 which the US Government immediately freaked out about and orchestrated a coup by their rival Fatah. I'm not going to defend suicide bombing or attacks against innocent civilians, but those attacks did not manifest out of Islamic theocratic ideology. They manifested out of desperation and helplessness. You push people into a corner they cannot get out of, they lash out with terrible consequences.

Also curious to see pictures of orphans and a generation of traumatized children and your first sentence is basically "hamas is bad tho".

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Entire modus operandi of the apartheid state is provocation. Keep provoking the occupied people so they do something that can be used as a pretext to genocide more of them. Provoke them by stealing their land like dirty thieves. Provoke them by raiding their places of worship and holy sites. Provoke by killing their children. Provoke by stealing their utilities. Once they respond in kind, cry big crocodile tears and kill more of them.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
With all that's happened and the lack of change it's no surprise people would turn to whatever armed struggle they could find.

To lose your family and friends bit by bit, incident after incident, what else is there?

The only morality that matters has been taught to you by your oppressor. And the world has agreed that it's the only morality that matters by their tolerance of it.

OP
OP
That1GoodHunter

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I just saw a video of a man who was at a cementary that Israel decided to bomb, mourning for who knows what poor family member, having to carry the body of his child, who had about a third of their head blown off, out to an ambulance.

What are we expecting the reaction from that man to be?

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia

Man read the fucking room.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017

Cool, I don't like Hamas or suicide bombings either, but unless the world is willing to take Israel to task on its violations, and failing that, unless we provide Palestinians with Iron Dome defense system, arm them with tanks, fighter jets, and precision strike missiles... Let's stop acting as if complaining about Palestinian response to Israeli violence and war crimes is anything other than a poorly disguised desire to have Palestinians shut the fuck up, roll and die already.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth considering at times how much the underpinnings of your morality comes from a position of power.

Oct 28, 2017
Israel is the religious fascist state. The fuck you on about Hamas?This is typical bullshit spread around to keep the warmachine going. Hamas democratically won elections in 2006 which the US Government immediately freaked out about and orchestrated a coup by their rival Fatah. I'm not going to defend suicide bombing or attacks against innocent civilians, but those attacks did not manifest out of Islamic theocratic ideology. They manifested out of desperation and helplessness. You push people into a corner they cannot get out of, they lash out with terrible consequences.

Also curious to see pictures of orphans and a generation of traumatized children and your first sentence is basically "hamas is bad tho".

My post was a reply to someone claiming radicalisation of youth on Gaza doesn't exist, which is just wrong. It's entirely understandable people growing up there get radicalized, but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't happen

I didn't comment on the original post at all, so please don't put words in my mouth

Oct 27, 2017
It's especially evil that one of Israel's propaganda pieces is the "they hate us more than they love their children" rhetoric. Especially in light of this.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Of course, they are growing up in essentially a very large prision under constant state terrorism.

I'm surprised these numbers aren't even worse.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
My post was a reply to someone claiming radicalisation of youth on Gaza doesn't exist, which is just wrong. It's entirely understandable people growing up there get radicalized, but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't happen

I didn't comment on the original post at all, so please don't put words in my mouth
You're the one who brought up Hamas and suicide attacks in a thread about Israel blowing up traumatized children or making them orphans.
Wtf can you even say
You can and should say Fuck Israel and Fuck America, it's sponsor country.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
If any of you have a few dollars to spare, this goes a long way

Palestine | Where We Work | Islamic Relief USA

Islamic Relief has been working in Palestine for over two decades. We have been working in Palestine and providing urgent aid in times of emergency. Donate Now.

Donate today | UNRWA

UNRWA human development and humanitarian services encompass primary and vocational education, primary health care, relief and social services, infrastructure and camp improvement, microfinance and emergency response, including in situations of armed conflict to Palestine refugees.

www.anera.org

Donate to Gaza | Gaza Humanitarian Aid | Anera

There is a humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza. Anera is delivering food, water, medicine and hygiene kits right now to those in Gaza displaced by the war.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So it's obvious that most ppl would be like that in this situation, but seeing actual stats is still shocking . Horrible

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
what is Israel's stated reason for not even allowing Palestinians to leave? Why do they have to be locked up?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
what is Israel's stated reason for not even allowing Palestinians to leave? Why do they have to be locked up?
Their stated reason is security or some shit. When actually it's a form of genocide. The real reason is Israel considers occupied territories as its own, and slowly wants to make it utterly unlivable for Palestinians so they can continue building colonial outposts in the land.

OP
OP
That1GoodHunter

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
In the past 15 years, children in the Gaza Strip have endured six major moments - five escalations in violence and the COVID-19 pandemic – as well as a life-limiting land, air, and sea blockade imposed by the government of Israel. Children make up 47% of Gaza's population of two million, with over 800,000 having never known life without the blockade

Nov 1, 2017
It's so frustrating to see what these kids have to deal with and the need for them to have so much perseverance. The effects of experiencing so much trauma are not something that anyone should have to deal with.

SuperDevilJoe

Dec 27, 2021
It's fucking madness.

It's crazy to see what propaganda can do for your image. Go to a random Christian church or facebook post, and see how much they talk about Israel in the most positive light possible.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
User Banned (Permanent): Misrepresenting history, downplaying warcrimes, bothsiding, history of the same
Israel is a terrorist organization by every definition of the word.
Israelis keep wailing with crocodile tears for the right to defend themselves? Why don't Palestinians have a right defend themselves or their children from fucking invaders? Why don't they even have the right to fucking live?
It is a conflict that goes back several thousands of years.
Each act of oppression and violence fuels the next generation of fighters, seeing themselves either in the roles of righteous oppressors or righteous victims defending themselves.
Both sides point toward their magic books backing up their position.

The conflict literally became part of the two sides' respective identities. Hard to unravel.

I'll take it with Hannah Arendt here: https://yalebooks.yale.edu/2020/07/13/hannah-arendt-on-zionism/

With the current far-right govt in Israel and a forming coalition between the European, Russian, American, and Jewish far-right with a strong focus on nationalism and reactionary politics, I think we see we see attempts of aiming for the same positions of power they formerly suffered under.
Leading to zionist figures like Yoram Hazony, one of the organizers and speakers of the National Conservatism conference and author of "The Virtues of Nationalism), aligning with far-right and antisemitic figures like Trump, Viktor Orban and even touting antisemitic conspiracy theories like the ones about George Soros.

Hannah Arendt saw this coming 70 years ago when she analyzed the post ww2 track Israel went on. Eventually becoming an oppressor and embracing the pathological aspects of nationalism, wasn't a solution to the problem, but just another chapter of it.
The dehumanization and Us vs. Them mentality Arendt experienced in Nazi Germany was in her eyes a universal recipe for violence along identity lines with interchangeable actors being able to take the roles of oppressor and victim. The violence won't play out in the same way, comparing the treatment of the Palestinians to the Holocaust is completely wrong, because it is not an industrialized effort at extermination, but the underlying mechanisms of vilification and dehumanization along identity lines, and the resulting perception of an existential threat justify the violence in a very similar way.

That said, the fact that Israel would suffer great losses of life on a regular basis if it weren't for the Iron Dome can't be brushed away. Israel's need for defense is legit, but the power dynamic is in its favor, which puts the moral obligation to deescalate on their shoulders, in my opinion.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Each act of oppression and violence fuels the next generation of fighters, seeing themselves either in the roles of righteous oppressors or righteous victims defending themselves.

The conflict literally became part of the two sides' respective identities. Hard to unravel.

I'll take it with Hannah Arendt here: https://yalebooks.yale.edu/2020/07/13/hannah-arendt-on-zionism/

With the current far-right govt in Israel and a forming coalition between the European, Russian, American, and Jewish far-right with a strong focus on nationalism and reactionary politics, I think we see we see attempts of aiming for the same positions of power they formerly suffered under.
Leading to zionist figures like Yoram Hazony, one of the organizers and speakers of the National Conservatism conference and author of "The Virtues of Nationalism), aligning with far-right and antisemitic figures like Trump, Viktor Orban and even touting antisemitic conspiracy theories like the ones about George Soros.

Hannah Arendt saw this coming 70 years ago when she analyzed the post ww2 track Israel went on. Eventually becoming an oppressor and embracing the pathological aspects of nationalism, wasn't a solution to the problem, but just another chapter of it.
The dehumanization and Us vs. Them mentality Arendt experienced in Nazi Germany was in her eyes a universal recipe for violence along identity lines with interchangeable actors being able to take the roles of oppressor and victim. The violence won't play out in the same way, comparing the treatment of the Palestinians to the Holocaust is completely wrong, because it is not an industrialized effort at extermination, but the underlying mechanisms of vilification and dehumanization along identity lines, and the resulting perception of an existential threat justify the violence in a very similar way.

That said, the fact that Israel would suffer great losses of life on a regular basis if it weren't for the Iron Dome can't be brushed away. Israel's need for defense is legit, but the power dynamic is in its favor, which puts the moral obligation to deescalate on their shoulders, in my opinion.
Your first sentence is a complete obfuscation. Conflict does not go back thousands of years. It goes back to Balfour Declaration and the Zionism project under British Mandate of Palestine.

Gaza needs Iron Dome more than Israel honestly because Israel is the real terrorist state. The rockets from Gaza will stop when the missiles from Israel stop.

Extermination of Palestinians is an industrialized effort by Israeli government. Just because they're not using extermination camps does not mean their end goal isn't the same.

Palestinian Christians and Muslims have never used their holy scriptures as justification for their existence in the land where their generations have existed since forever. The zionists however fully utilize their holy scriptures for the reason why they want to colonize Palestine, because it was promised to them. How else do you fucking explain a random guy from USA moving to an occupied Palestinian land, taking over the home of a Palestinian family living there for generations, for an all expense paid trip?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

The "ancient conflict" thing is such a crock of shit. Just justification for brutal occupation when the reality is the colonial project is a 19th/20th century procduct. It's only ever Zionists pointing to their "magic book" for justification for stealing land.

I don't see how Israel's "need" for defense is legit seeing as how they're the occupying force. Did the French have a right to "defend" themselves against the Haitians?

Oct 27, 2017

No matter how much you try to argue, the end result is still the same.

The ones in power are the ones who can end the conflict yet choose not to do so and instead genocide and erase people. The fact you went into a thread about kids growing up in an environment that is causing them to have suicidal thoughts and other dark thoughts to defend Israel is fucking disgusting.

All this could stop if Israel put some effort into wanting to stop. Palestine has no power in this conflict and you know this. It is a country that made it it's mission to terrorize, steal and kill the country. "Defense" excuse never made sense considering they are the occupiers and colonizers.

Like just looking at this wave of violence, how can this be defense? They kidnapped a guy expecting Gaza to attack, they never did and instead started bombing Gaza on their own, which lead to a bunch of inaccurate rockets to be fired back in defense compared to Israel who have actual accurate rockets that are instead targeting apartment buildings and most of the people that died are actual civilians and kids.

This is not defence. This is terrrorism with a license given by the supporters of Israel.