• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I really don't know why there was any confusion after the first page more than confirmed it was 100% MBS' company specifically. The title change came *after* those posts too, making it all the more strange that it was changed.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Which brings this to a moral level of using Amazon, driving with gas, or eating meat.

Won't stop people from dramatizing the fuck out of this corporate transaction. Already saw the mind-numbing caricatures of "oil money" and "the big bad saudis"

I don't recall Jeff Bezos imprisoning his family members to secure his corporate power or luring journalists to embassies where said journalists would get hacked up into bits with a bone saw.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
The good News: SNK will have now Money to fund bigger projects, and Arabs in General are Super Fans of SNK games especially KOF games.
The bad News: Well, everything else really.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Man, what a huge bummer. RIP SNK. I can't financially support them anymore, I will have to buy used for their games.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing this might be why KOFXV/Metal Slug haven't been revealed yet?

Iirc KOFXIV was revealed right after their previous acquisition.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
Oh dear.

I mean, SNK has been dead and resurrected so many times, it's actually hard to keep track. What a weird story that company has.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
yeah, not sure why the title was changed to leave out the most important part.

This is probably the reason why...

'Saudi Arabian games company acquires SNK' should do

It's not a great title, and with an untranslated link in the OP, it is confusing. "EGDC (owned by Saudi Royal MBS) Acquires SNK" would be far better, and people could always just Google MBS to get an idea of who he is. Especially as he is not acquiring it, a company that he wholly controls is acquiring it.

Annoyinmous

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling with inflammatory whataboutisms over a series of posts, misrepresenting bans; account in junior phase.
Some real pearl clutching going on in this thread over the protest of the sale of a long tenured gaming company. Sure, defend an actual villain against humanity the world over. Same as how we separate the average American from Trump, we can do the same for the Saudi people -- the Crown Prince is a piece of shit.

Era being era dude, BROWN PEOPLE EVIL! BAD!

Funny how when Tencent acquires studios the threads are usually silent and cute.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is crazy, not something I would have expected to read in this timeline at all.

consoul

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Racist trolling.
Wait, so the bad guys from Metal Slug 2 now own Metal Slug?

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era being era dude, BROWN PEOPLE EVIL! BAD!

Funny how when Tencent acquires studios the threads are usually silent and cute.

www.resetera.com

Tencent: The Invisible Investor With More Reach Than You Might Think

There's a lot of discussion of Tencent when it comes to video games on this forum but I feel like most only see a part of the picture. For a least a decade, Tencent has invested in and partnered with multiple video game companies to varying degrees. Most know that they have 40% shares of Epic...

Literally the first result on Google lol

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I posted that back when the OP made it sound like he'd made a translation error and didn't know for sure if MBS was involved or not, so please don't try and make it sound like I wanted his involvement to be left out.

Yeah, and my suggestion for thread title still had MBS in the title. It's like we've swung to the opposite end of the spectrum with the current title, and now it's just plain uninformative.