• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize SNL wasn't set to return until the 19th. Was hoping there'd be a new one this week, but I guess not.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
man i dont know how many millions of times i've seen those old street magic sketches but it's a joy to see Mikey Day on SNL where he belongs

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
not tryna go in too hard on greta van fleet but they really make music for the 'le wrong generation' crowd who think that they're so much more sophisticated than most people just because they consume art from their parents' generation and chastise modern music

oh well, i guess they're having fun and getting that major label bag so i can't be too mad

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yea imma check out mule on netflix or something for sure, just outta curiosity

i loathe the fuck out of american sniper and gran torino tho

Oct 26, 2017
Greta Van Fleet is a bargain bin Led Zeppelin cover band that doesn't play covers.

Goddamn someone fix this booking fuckup with Daughters or HEALTH or something sometime this season.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greta Van Fleet is a Led Zeppelin cover band that doesn't play covers.

Goddamn someone fix this booking fuckup with Daughters or HEALTH or something sometime this season.
I'd never heard of them, I kinda sorta barely know Led Zepplin, and I thought it was a tribute band of some kind.

Then Google took me to the Pitchfork review of their album.

Good Lord.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

"Though their debut album, Anthem of the Peaceful Army, sounds like a bona fide classic rock record—with its fuzzy bass, electric sitar solos, and lyrics featuring the kind of self-actualized transcendence brought on by a few too many multivitamins—it is not actually classic rock. They are a new kind of vampiric band who's there to catch the runoff of original classic rock using streaming services' data-driven business model. Greta Van Fleet exist to be swallowed into the algorithm's churn and rack up plays, of which they already have hundreds of millions. They make music that sounds exactly like Led Zeppelin and demand very little other than forgetting how good Led Zeppelin often were."

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'd never heard of them, I kinda sorta barely know Led Zepplin, and I thought it was a tribute band of some kind.

Good Lord.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

"Though their debut album, Anthem of the Peaceful Army, sounds like a bona fide classic rock record—with its fuzzy bass, electric sitar solos, and lyrics featuring the kind of self-actualized transcendence brought on by a few too many multivitamins—it is not actually classic rock. They are a new kind of vampiric band who's there to catch the runoff of original classic rock using streaming services' data-driven business model. Greta Van Fleet exist to be swallowed into the algorithm's churn and rack up plays, of which they already have hundreds of millions. They make music that sounds exactly like Led Zeppelin and demand very little other than forgetting how good Led Zeppelin often were."
That is magnitudes beyond scalding. I'm speechless.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Good Lord.

If you're going for a retro sound, you have to own it. You can't let it own you. Otherwise you're just a novelty act.

The Strokes did it, these guy haven't.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
James Mcavoy is just great and this is the first time I've heard him with his accent.