• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Between getting zero sleep this week, the delayed start because of the game, and celebratory drinking, I only made it through the monologue.

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking Global was asleep at the control panel last night. They were running another show because of the football game, with a ticker at the bottom promising to cut to SNL immediately, and didn't cut to SNL when it went live. I gave up and went to bed.
The SNL youtube channel posts everything so you could watch it there. I haven't seen it live in years.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the cold open on Youtube. Oh, so THAT'S why they got Jim Carrey for Biden. (Do we know how much longer he's planning on doing this for?)

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Only caught youtube uploads, were there really only 4 sketches? felt very underwhelming, not a good use of Chapelle or riding off the Biden high.

I thought they'd at least do another election night skit like when DJT got elected.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question, but how did Carrey pronounce loser? I didnt sound Like Im used to and I dont know if he mixed it with other words

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching on Hulu... why was Chapelle only on two sketches? Are the sketches not actually live?... before the first sketch Chapelle did a little intro like it was prerecorded.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
The only funny sketch was the first one and that's because it reads like a "Chapelle Show"-lite sketch.

Hopefully this year is a wake up call because the political cold open format has gotten stale.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wiig the week before WW1984's Christmas release is fantastic publicity for the film. Also, it's Kristen Wiig, so it should be a good one.

OP
OP
vatstep

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up that the annual Thanksgiving special (no new stuff, it's a clip show) is on at 9PM EST

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Jason Bateman's first time hosting, right?

He'll probably be the straight man in all the sketches but his deadpan delivery could be great for some antics

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Low-key hoping for an arrested development (but it's the trump family) skit, with rudy playing the 'worst fucking attorney' -- but something tells me the writers are not smart enough to pull it off.

OP
OP
vatstep

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, lol

But I was thinking that people in the audience wouldn't get the reference and that seems to be the case