• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The entire story is in a VERY long twitter thread (about 93 tweets). Strap in because this is a WILD ride.

OP
OP
lucebuce

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
374592872768471043.png

Oct 28, 2017

Kind of confused by the assertion that TR is a mobile juggernaut that's making "millions in microtransaction outfits".

Checking the App Store at current, Lara Croft GO (not free to play) is ranked #87 In the puzzle category (so way lower overall), while the Tomb Raider Temple Run knock off doesn't even rank at all. Neither of which have ever been hugely popular (GO is awesome tho!).

Edit: Nevermind....

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So
the end is just a pun on doomscrolling and none of it is actually real? Disappointing, I thought the concept for that game actually sounded really cool.

:/

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all never enountered Nelson before eh?

He's a games writer, and very regularly does long threads to set up puns. He's a good egg, bringing everyone together on ~a journey~

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just read the entire thing and my laptop blew up. DO NOT READ

Posted from iPhone

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it was long and didn't bother reading it. Seems from the replies I made the right choice.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm not reading 90+ tweets lol.

I gave after this, let me know if there's anything better.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the people pointing out that this was a setup for a dumb pun so I didn't waste my time reading any of it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
This is obviously viral marketing for Hypnospace Outlaw, which is fine in itself, but probably shouldn't be presented at face value here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno how I feel about the joke but on the plus side I learned that the narrative director for Hypnospace Outlaw is black. Was one of my fave games last year, I really should have looked up the people behind it!

Nov 9, 2017
Fuck that was good.

Notta gonna lie - I kinda wanna see that game - as dark as it is.

/yes I know the game and thread was made up

JayTholen

Hypnospace Outlaw
Verified
Mar 10, 2019
This is obviously viral marketing for Hypnospace Outlaw, which is fine in itself, but probably shouldn't be presented at face value here.

It's really not. Nelson has posted these kinds of threads since before Hypnospace even existed and usually at the end promos whatever he's been working on.

Also it's not supposed to be "ha ha" funny necessarily. The point is wasting your time with a story that ends up being fake and a crappy pun as the crappy cherry on top. Not that anyone should LIKE being tortured in this way, but that's his deal.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's really not. Nelson has posted these kinds of threads since before Hypnospace even existed and usually at the end promos whatever he's been working on.

Also it's not supposed to be "ha ha" funny necessarily. The point is wasting your time with a story that ends up being fake and a crappy pun as the crappy cherry on top. Not that anyone should LIKE being tortured in this way, but that's his deal.

This kind of thing is ancient; indeed, it has been a thing for centuries.

I think the biggest sin of the thread (besides eye-searing overuse of CAPITAL LETTERS and one-line. Sentences. For. Emphasis) is that the most "interesting" thing about it would be how the game predicted 2020 shit. But of course, it's made up, so it didn't predict anything. If the story was at least more interesting otherwise, it could be a decent creepypasta, but as it stands it's just an actual waste of time rather than at least a chuckle.

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of off topic, but I will NEVER understand how people consider long tweet threads acceptable. For the love of god, can't twitter implement a slideshow version of chained tweets where I can just click the same spot for the next in the chain instead of having to scroll-stop-read-scroll-stop-read?

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this going around on Twitter this morning and like hell was I reading a 93 tweet thread.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
That was the most annoying tweet thread I've ever read... like get to the point, don't wait till tweet 45

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been a while since I read a shaggy dog story on Twitter. This was great.

Jay, you're on Era?! Loved Dropsy, need to get around to Hypnospace Outlaw!

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was alright but you could def feel the bullshit creep in. its like reading a creepypasta. enjoyable but junk food reading

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me back those 5 minutes please. That was dumb.