• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow! Do a Latino Superman next that will be fun.

Makes me think of the Gods and Monsters universe, where he's technically the son of Zod and ends up raised by a Mexican family.

jdpa5Z4.jpg

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Guess the main question will be, is she from another Earth or was she always around on the main line DCEU earth with Cavill's Superman?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that Supergirl was going to be in The Flash.

This is super cool!

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't know her and probably won't end up liking the movie if I ever watch it. But god damn that her reaction got to me, also teared up. So I'm really happy for her and hope the movie would be atleast decent.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly lol that A this movie is really being made and B that Supergirl is in this outta nowhere.

Too bad it's Ezra though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna get multiverse shenanigans in both Marvel and DC films. Crazy.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
That was super wholesome. Also, a latina Supergirl? "Fans" are gonna try and tear her apart, but I'm really excited for it, it's a fantastic idea!

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
She's got a Michael Turner-esque face, if that makes sense. What has she been in?

EDIT: That video is ADORABLE!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a weird place to have Supergirl even appear, but sure, why not?

(And yes, I know the CW-verse has established a friendship between these characters for a broader audience. I would think they'd want to put some distance between themselves and the CW shows. Guess not.)

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really, really like this casting and hope that she sticks around if it turns out she's great at the role.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I assume she'll be a permanent part of the DCEU going forward then, don't think they'd cast a one-off Supergirl like this. But that's cool. The Williams music in that reveal video is kind of corny but also so effective lol, that Superman theme is goddamn magic.

If the Flash movie is being used to effectively swap out Affleck's Batman with Keaton's, I wonder if it'll also be swapping Cavill's Superman with Supergirl?

We still pretending this is happening?
It's filming in like a month or two isn't it?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That's a really cool piece of casting.

But putting together Supergirl and then (presumably) spinning her out of The Flash into her own film just makes the questions around the next cinematic Superman grow even louder.

That's a pretty cute video!

That video weirdly got to me more than I thought it would.

Stirring stuff.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
didn't hear them say kara zor-el, which means she could be playing matrix or linda danvers.

also after they do flashpoint what's left for a future flash film? theres like no other notable modern barry stories to adapt from. i personally think they should adapt heroes in crisis with barry in the place of wally. it would fit the tone of the DCEU.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know. WB has Keaton Batman coming back for this as well as a Batfleck cameo, so I truly have no idea where this is going.

If I had to guess, this would be a film that kind of resets the universe going forward.
If WB decides not to move forward with Snyder but keeps some disparate parts of the stories this is probably the 'cleanest' way to do that.
EDIT: Like in a 'hey all the actors are the same but the movies look different' kind of way.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If WB decides not to move forward with Snyder but keeps some disparate parts of the stories this is probably the 'cleanest' way to do that.
EDIT: Like in a 'hey all the actors are the same but the movies look different' kind of way.
I agree. It could also be a way of recasting and throwing out the parts that didn't work and merging Pattinson's Batman.

It makes so much sense that I kinda doubt it's going to happen... knowing WB.