• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
She's one of the only comedians to actually make this nightmare scenario amusing. Didn't realize a good amount of people seemingly don't like her.

Oct 27, 2017
you should check out her books

Drj4dCHW4AMZp2V.jpg
This is pretty great

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao y'all are too quick to smear. Go on and upload your lip sync videos if it's that easy, there's zero overhead.

Cooper outdid those unfunny chucklefucks at SNL. I hope she brings it on the NF special.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Wow. Y'all really sound like some haters, and that's not even a term I use often. The Trump lipsyncs along with her expressions really just magnify the absurdity of the things he says, but sure, its not for everybody. It's just a little running gag to lighten up this fucking insane world we are living in. It's fine if you don't get it. It's also not the end all and be all of her career.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Wow. Y'all really sound like some haters, and that's not even a term I use often. The Trump lipsyncs along with her expressions really just magnify the absurdity of the things he says, but sure, its not for everybody. It's just a little running gag to lighten up this fucking insane world we are living in. It's fine if you don't get it. It's also not the end all and be all of her career.

Its hard to believe people don't get it.

People are upset because a lot of people find it somewhat entertaining... I mean is chuckle level. The Trump stuff.

Did I miss the news where shes a terrible person or something? Because the torches showed up immediately.

I mean...

www.youtube.com

Rob Schneider's Wife Reacted to His Explicit Pie | Netflix Is A Joke

Rob Schneider opens his fridge and nightmares come out. Subscribe: https://bit.ly/2Kncxw6 About Netflix Is A Joke: The official hub of Netflix stand-up, com...

...Netflix does a lot of comedy shows... Some folks I've never even heard of.

Whats the stinky thinking about?

The special will be directed by Natasha Lyonne with Maya Rudolph

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Not understanding why people think the lipsyncing thing is funny or entertaining =/= torches.

Why do defensive because people don't like a thing you pole and don't understand why you like it? Help us understand maybe?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
She's hilarious and very talented. If what she does is not your cup of tea move on and follow other comedians.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
the real reason why tiktok is getting banned in the US

Which is hilarious, does Trump think there's no other avenues where she could lip sync his awfulness?

Also, she's fantastic. Her facial expressions and timing are great, and she's using social media to advance her stand up career. Coming into the thread and typing "she's not funny but good for her" is the worst.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which is hilarious, does Trump think there's no other avenues where she could lip sync his awfulness?

Also, she's fantastic. Her facial expressions and timing are great, and she's using social media to advance her stand up career. Coming into the thread and typing "she's not funny but good for her" is the worst.
well she sure is on youtube as well. however trump is going to ban youtube too

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
* Netflix announces comedians new comedy special *

Someone: Why is Netflix giving this comedian a comedy special? I don't find them funny. This makes no sense. I am the arbiter of comedy.

Someone else: I find this comedian funny.

Someone: OMG! Why are you so defensive?

giphy.gif

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I think detaching trump's word from the spectacle was genius. Showing the mannerisms of someone led by their words is hilarious to me, and the cuts to the staff, befuddlement abound, is legit funny. She's a gem and a great distraction when it was needed. The book stuff posted here is enough for me to grab a copy, and I'm gonna watch some of her other stuff.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I am the only person in the world who doesnt find her impression funny. I just don't get it.

Edit: Turns out, as in most cases, I am not the only person.

Also, I respect her hustle. Good for her.

Humor is always a matter of taste of course. But it's the combination of her performance with the real audio that amplifies how batshit insane Trump sounds, and that makes it very funny to me. Trump is basically impossible to satirise, because how do you satirise something that seems satirical in the first place? (I call this the Onion Conundrum. Real headlines sometimes feel like an Onion article these days) But she found the key imo.

And while it does feel a bit like a one-trick pony thing as every video repeats the same idea, I really like how she deversifies with montage and stagings. It just keeps getting a laugh ot of me, with a tinge of dispair because I know the audio is real and things are really fucked up.

It's not something that will hold up a comedy special of course, but I assume it will be a stand-up thing and it seems she is really good at that too. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what she comes up with for Netflix

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The best thing is when she has herself reacting to trumps comments lol

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Good for her. I enjoy her lip syncs.

I found out today that she is 44! Which surprised me, but then again I have only very recently heard of her (and didn't know she was a published author). Goes to show, yet again, success and viral fame can come at any age.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Thought this was an hour long of Trump lipsyncing skits for a second. Pleasantly surprised it's a variety of topics 'cause I wouldn't watch it if that was the case.

Might give it a shot.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Anybody here likes dane cook? Never found him the least bit funny but dude made millions somehow.

Humor is complicated?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The lip syncing is whatever (not funny per se, but sensible chuckle maybe) but the images from her books posted in this thread are legit funny so I'm on board.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I only learned about her yesterday, but I'm pretty sure the point of the lip syncing is to show how fucking insane the things he says are, especially when removed from him, because people are used to it and normalized it. The funny part isn't just that she's syncing or making funny faces.

Last edited:

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I only learned about her yesterday, but I'm pretty sure the point of the lip syncing is to show how fucking insane the things he says are, especially when removed from him, because people are used to it and normalized it. The funny part isn't just that she's syncing or making funny faces.
Yep. People who think what she's doing boils down to lip syncing aren't actually paying attention.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Her physical timing is pretty good. I generally enjoy her Trump videos.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the appeal.
But good on her, respect the hustle, etc etc

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit that's good.
I use this all the time btw. (Not a woman but men's feelings a quite fragile even when speaking to a man. Cant imagine what women are going through, especially in a male dominated field like mine)
This is true, I'm a dude, older than my EE colleagues (99% guys ofc) and more often than not, telling them they did something wrong is like I'm insulting their mothers.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
This is true, I'm a dude, older than my EE colleagues (99% guys ofc) and more often than not, telling them they did something wrong is like I'm insulting their mothers.
Indeed. Best approach is to sandwich it in such a way that I'm putting myself down, and have the criticism against what they are doing somewhere in there.