• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is wrong with these people?!? Seems like she's arguing he sacrificed his own life and wasnt assassinated.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Umm im not getting that impression from that tweet to be fair

Seems like a bread and butter thing to say about this holiday

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, no? Isn't that a pretty common phrase?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
There are a million horrible things to say about Sarah Sanders without inventing one.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
It's typical Team Trump.

Word things is such a way that they can be considered offensive and supportive at the same time. Then when someone reads it offensively "How dare you!"

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
This is probably one of the least offensive things she could have said. If what youre doing was dangerous enough to put you at risk of assassination then the actions you take could certainly be seen as a sacrifice. He DID have the option of shutting up and stopping once he was aware of the danger and didnt take it.

I think that she just doesnt know what words mean.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
If MLK were alive today, the right would treat him like a domestic terrorist. And that wrong has a loooooooong way to go before it's "righted."

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
You can be critical of pretty much everything that Sarah Huckabee Sanders says, this isn't it.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
You know, if I was a racist asshole who spent his time in life on internet forums arguing for why, actually, it's the others who are crazy, I would take a picture of this OP and post it everywhere forever.

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I take this as "He knew he was taking the riks to get killed, but kept fighting for his cause."

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I guess she could have said had his life taken instead of given his life but at that point its just phrasing and semantics.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
That's a real stretch. I'd love to take an opportunity to shit on her, but this isn't it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
That's not at all what that means in this context, no matter if the person saying it is typically wrong or not. It's just generic politician speak about someone who "died for a cause", however it may have happened.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
His dedication in the face of danger was indeed a personal sacrifice he took on for the betterment of the people who believed in him

Look many of us have misgivings with SHS but she probably didnt even write this originally its so basic

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What's offensive is these clowns even mentioning his name while they represent the opposite of everything he stood for.

Last edited:

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And behind the scenes her and every other racist is still calling it "N-Word Day"

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
there are lots of things to get furious about today but i don't think this is one of them
never thought i'd say that about a shs tweet

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
A sacrifice can be both given willingly and unwillingly.

You ever heard of a soldier dying being "the ultimate sacrifice for his country" same thing.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
The substance of Sanders' tweet was widely misinterpreted by the title of this thread. As there's really no conversation to be had here, the thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.