• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Loved season 2! I think I like the ending to season 2 a bit better than Season 1's, it didn't end in a way that makes the wait for the next season hard.
Also
I really hope Gary decides now that he doesn't want to die and becomes more of a regular.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
Loved season 2! I think I like the ending to season 2 a bit better than Season 1's, it didn't end in a way that makes the wait for the next season hard.
Also
I really hope Gary decides now that he doesn't want to die and becomes more of a regular.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say
Gary is gonna became a fundamental part of the upcoming... religion. Maybe a priest of sort? Maybe be treated like a relic?

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I just started watching this on Netflix. I don't know why I skipped the show when season 1 came out. I thought it had failed as a show on this service. I saw this thread and I saw that Netflix made a second season so I decided to give it a shot. If Netflix will support it with a second season, I'll give it a show.

And I'm in love.

Two episodes in and I have laughed out loud almost 10 times. This is incredible. Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore are NAILING their roles.

Whatever the brand/type/genre of comedy that this show is - I need to know what it's called. So I can find more comedy shows like this hahaha. This is just wonderful.

What would you call this anyhow? A dark comedy? I don't know if that's the right term.
I don't know if there's a genre name, but I'd recommend taking a look The Good Place. I watched it a few weeks ago on Netflix and I feel it's brand of humour has similarities to Santa Clarita Diet, albeit it's more light-hearted and doesn't have gore. Both shows are among my favourites for the past couple of years.

Deleted member 39450

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Boston, MA
I just started watching this on Netflix. I don't know why I skipped the show when season 1 came out. I thought it had failed as a show on this service. I saw this thread and I saw that Netflix made a second season so I decided to give it a shot. If Netflix will support it with a second season, I'll give it a show.

And I'm in love.

Two episodes in and I have laughed out loud almost 10 times. This is incredible. Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore are NAILING their roles.

Whatever the brand/type/genre of comedy that this show is - I need to know what it's called. So I can find more comedy shows like this hahaha. This is just wonderful.

What would you call this anyhow? A dark comedy? I don't know if that's the right term.

Check out Better Off Ted, one of Victor Fresco's last series. Very similar style of dialogue and also one of the funniest shows I've seen in years.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a couple of episodes left, but really enjoyed this season. More of the same dumb fun that made me breeze through Season 1. The husband and wife banter whilst coming to terms with their problems is delivered so well. And that's as someone who's typically not a fan of Barrymore.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

And I'm in love.

Same. Watched on a whim with my Wife and we loved it! I'm so surprised at the amount of gore in this show and it totally works.

Nov 1, 2017
Liked season 2 better than season 1 which I thought was pretty good but at times kind of off. I feel the chemistry between all of the characters improved and I can see it becoming even more interesting with where the season ended.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 4 episodes into season 2 and I think it's really fantastic so far. It definitely feels like everyone from the writers to the cast have really found their groove with the show, where as season 1 felt more like a feeling out process for a while. Timothy Olyphant is still amazing like always, but I thought the whole cast did a great job. I also am really happy Ramona is in it more this season, I loved her scenes in season 1.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed season 2. Show continues to be one of the better examples of "premises that have no right to work but totally work". I'm also surprised by the various threads that you assume are dead and then they bring back or the couple of plot points that they leave hanging at the end of the season. They clearly have a lot of space to work with.

A little disappointed by how little of the neighbors there were this season. Also concerned by the timeline they've been setting up as season one and two are supposedly only a month in the show world. Always a problem when filming a show with young actors.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed season 2. Show continues to be one of the better examples of "premises that have no right to work but totally work". I'm also surprised by the various threads that you assume are dead and then they bring back or the couple of plot points that they leave hanging at the end of the season. They clearly have a lot of space to work with.

A little disappointed by how little of the neighbors there were this season. Also concerned by the timeline they've been setting up as season one and two are supposedly only a month in the show world. Always a problem when filming a show with young actors.

The two young actors aren't that young anymore (22 for Liv Hewson aka Abby & 21 for Skyler Gisondo aka Eric) so sudden Aging won't be an issue.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The two young actors aren't that young anymore (22 for Liv Hewson aka Abby & 21 for Skyler Gisondo aka Eric) so sudden Aging won't be an issue.

Ah cool. Always hate when that happens on a show and then they either skip time or ignore it. Even from the last episode of season 1 to start of season 2 some of the actors clearly looked different to me (including Drew). But it's not the end of the world.

unless the clams get out

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Season 1 was very much one joke that it liked to repeat of lovers quarrels, but replace the usual topics in regards to 'supporting your spouse' with exchanges about nonchalant murder or dismemberment. That said, it was charming. May check out the second season.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
First two episodes had me dying. I'm enjoying this more than S1 (not that it was bad) so far.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
I had forgotten that the waitress and the always wonderful natalie Morales was in this until they had popped up.

when abby had to apologize to the kids and the parents walk in was hilarious

Oct 28, 2017
Had my first big laugh when
Joel tangos with the undead old guy. Felt they could have drawn out Joel's failing upward fight style though.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished season 2 and every aspect of this show improved. Seems like everyone involved upped their game between seasons.

I liked the expanded mythology stuff and that they pretty much explain the source of Sheila's zombism.

Also - hope we get more Gary in season 3.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if there's a genre name, but I'd recommend taking a look The Good Place. I watched it a few weeks ago on Netflix and I feel it's brand of humour has similarities to Santa Clarita Diet, albeit it's more light-hearted and doesn't have gore. Both shows are among my favourites for the past couple of years.

Check out Better Off Ted, one of Victor Fresco's last series. Very similar style of dialogue and also one of the funniest shows I've seen in years.

Excellent. Thanks for the suggestions bruvs. I've added both these onto my watch list.

I'm already halfway done season 2 and I've decided to rate this as yet another 10/10 Netflix Original show. So far for me, those are:

Sense8
The Punisher
Ozark
Santa Clarita Diet
Black Mirror

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I don't know why, but S2 was wildly better than S1 to me. Maybe I'm forgetting my feelings for S1 since I haven't watched it since it first came out, but man, S2 really was fun.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the second season and loved it. Such a lot of fun. Bring on season 3.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
2 eps left and I'm already bummed this season is almost over. I adore this show.

The rapid fire back and forth between the characters have become so fucking good.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I love this show so much. A lot of great scenes in this season, like the introduction of
Ball-Legs Knights.
They didn't skim on the gore bits either.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful season!!! Crazy-ass final and the show has a ton of heart.

Chemistry between the cast this season really hit it's stride. Bring on s.3

darfreeze

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Behind you
I really enjoyed season 2 a lot more than season 1. I think it got funnier too. Timothy Oliphant is just charming in every scene he's in.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched season 1 yesterday and am doing S2 now and HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS AMAZING

So funny and the cast is fucking perfect.

Seeing Timothy being so completely different than Raylan just makes my day all day whenever he is on screen. But everyone else here is brilliant too.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 3 episodes and it's very good so far. I like it a bit more than the first season.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only on episode 3 of season 2 and it's been really good so far. Seeing
Nathan Fillion return in the way he did

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Started watching season 1 based off this thread.

My fiancee and I agree... The concept is pretty stupid but we really like the characters so we'll keep watching.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Only on S1 right now, but I just have to chime in and say Timothy olyphants effortless charm and amazing looks have carried me through my mixed feelings of Barrymore 'quirky' schtick.

Also, the kid who plays Eric is fantastic. That is the best portrayal of selfaware dork I've seen that doesnt come off as irritating. He is super likeable but still feels down to earth somehow in a world were everyone is over the top and say way to clever things all the time.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Only on S1 right now, but I just have to chime in and say Timothy olyphants effortless charm and amazing looks have carried me through my mixed feelings of Barrymore 'quirky' schtick.

Also, the kid who plays Eric is fantastic. That is the best portrayal of selfaware dork I've seen that doesnt come off as irritating. He is super likeable but still feels down to earth somehow in a world were everyone is over the top and say way to clever things all the time.
You'll like s2 than

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 3 def should happen.

At the same time it's wonderfully filmed and looks great but also that it probably isn't that expensive considering the sets they use.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Season 2 was great. I was wrong for writing off this show after a lackluster season 1.

The Nazi Eating Episode was fucking hilarious. So meta.

Last edited:

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Loved S2. I just could not believe they committed to
Gary's return being more than just another one episode cameo.
It took me completely by surprise. One of the highlights in a fantastic season. S3 is going to be really interesting. So who do we think
the couple with the rocket launcher work for?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Loved S2. I just could not believe they committed to
Gary's return being more than just another one episode cameo.
It took me completely by surprise. One of the highlights in a fantastic season. S3 is going to be really interesting. So who do we think
the couple with the rocket launcher work for?

I'm going to guess they belong to some kind of secret old world "order" that was passed down through the generations to stop zombies from spreading at all costs.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished it. I found season 2 to be better than the first, too. They really found their groove and how it all came together at the final episode was amazing.