• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
No dice for me and they're removed from my cart, so likely 100% sold out at my store.

Unfortunate, but I was able to secure a launch PS5 from Target despite initially being unable to complete the order; so, all is forgiven.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to spam the order button and get one.

Ordered from a more rural store ~30 minutes away that hopefully improves my chances of in person people not buying them out.

Hexnest

Sep 18, 2020
I managed to not get anything after being ready as soon as the listing went up on the website. Cool.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I sincerely hope mine (as well as anyone else that managed to get through) don't get our orders cancelled, I'm going to be livid if mine somehow get cancelled after this.

mrchowderclam

Oct 26, 2017
spammed the purchase button and I got in. Processing right now but no confirmation email. is that a thing?

edit: did it through the app. Just got the confirmation email. Safe for me to go back to sleep yet? it's early out here in california lol. worried it might get canceled.

I'm in the same boat. Been spamming the button since it went up at 6am here in California and it's stuck on processing for me...

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
No success for my wife or myself. Bit a bummer as the way Target's site/app works really makes you think you'll get it until the final step.

Tekniqs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the same boat. Been spamming the button since it went up at 6am here in California and it's stuck on processing for me...
Yeah man. Lol I don't usually get up until like 930am but got up at 5:55 for this thing. I'm wondering if I should just go to target right when they open and see if I can secure one in person like a couple of posters here did.

mrchowderclam

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah man. Lol I don't usually get up until like 930am but got up at 5:55 for this thing. I'm wondering if I should just go to target right when they open and see if I can secure one in person like a couple of posters here did.

Yeah I'm going to go to my local one... it opens in 5 and I'm up so might as well lol

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fffff forgot all about it, will it be sold in store later? All my stores say limited stock but I doubt it

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Ordered at 9:24 AM EST. Pheeeew. Covered my SO and a friend, feels good. Of course I'll bum an Amiibo scan for myself. I like Keroppi.

And then there's the Banjo & Kazooie Amiibo for me. Sweet day.

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Boo, missed getting one for the lady. I really hate this Beanie Baby bullshit Nintendo does with all their limited releases! I hope there are enough restocks in the future that everyone can get it.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Try the store if you are available to drive to one...with site crashing with pickup stores have a bunch and if on shelf free to buy...

UnrulyUmbreon

Apr 2, 2018
I was in the Target parking lot for opening. App wouldn't let me check out, and website claimed no stock available. I walked into the store, and the poor electronics associate, who had clearly run to the back several times already, grabbed me a pack. None on shelves, so ask an employee for assistance.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Guess Target not being a thing in Canada turned out to be a blessing. Got a pack from Amazon Canada and they are also available at Best Buy Canada, though most likely sold out by now.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I was in the Target parking lot for opening. App wouldn't let me check out, and website claimed no stock available. I walked into the store, and the poor electronics associate, who had clearly run to the back several times already, grabbed me a pack. None on shelves, so ask an employee for assistance.
Man, hearing stories like this makes me worried about my in store pickup order being given away like this.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on screwing someone over.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
My wife was really bummed she couldn't get one in time. She logged on at the exact moment and nothing. We're just going to get the Amiibo coins off of Etsy or something.

Tekniqs

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah they're selling it in my local target. One per person but they can line up again and buy another lol

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how it all works, but I would assume that once the item is purchased in the store it takes it out of inventory for people trying to buy on the app as well.
But someone whose order went through and is processing for pick-up will get their order cancelled when the picker doesn't have the stock to grab. The associates have a 2 hour window to get the order ready, so that's a vast window for a limited hot item.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Sounds like every damn store is botching this based off of this thread, lol. Not that I blame the retail locations too much for this, I work for Target and there was no real communication for this *at all*.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Sounds like every damn store is botching this based off of this thread, lol. Not that I blame the retail locations too much for this, I work for Target and there was no real communication for this *at all*.
Yeah, the associate that helped me didn't even know they were coming out today. But, the online system being completely jacked forced people to go in-store.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya it's pretty fucked for Target to explicitly state in their ad that it will be online orders only and then stores sell it to walk in customers. My only hope is that since I'm on the west coast that it gets picked before the stores open.
Oh you've got way better luck yeah.
My store has been open for a few hours now and mine is still processing so I assume I'm screwed

Oct 25, 2017
After not being able to order online and all of the stores around saying sold out within minutes, I just drove my lazy ass to Target.

20210326-083006.jpg

Success.
I couldn't get my order to go through so I just walked over to the store and picked up a pack.
Are they kept in the nintendo switch second of the target near the amiibos and such?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ya it's pretty fucked for Target to explicitly state in their ad that it will be online orders only and then stores sell it to walk in customers. My only hope is that since I'm on the west coast that it gets picked before the stores open.
Shit, I'm about to call them

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately going to the store isn't an option for me today since I sprained my ankle. lol