• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
- This is the best arc since Marineford
- Sanji has had a lot of airtime and come off really well
- Some Sanji fans are weiiiiiird (this has been known for many many years)

- This is the best arc since Marineford
- Sanji has had a lot of airtime and come off really well
- Some Sanji fans are weiiiiiird (this has been known for many many years)

Sanji fans were deprived of him for I believe over a year, got the message from Oda that 2016 would be the Year of the Sanji and got super hyped over it. So super fans were going to get so disappointed no matter what.

But yeah Sanji fans are weird, from wanting him to hit Pudding or poison Big Mom cake.

Oct 30, 2017
I think the "Year of Sanji" hype messed with a lot of people's expectations. I think this arc has been fantastic.

That said, post-time skip, we haven't seen Sanji face a major opponent yet and come out on top. But that's mainly because he wasn't present in Dressrosa & on Punk Hazard, it was actually Law who defeated the main enemy of the arc.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji fans were deprived of him for I believe over a year, got the message from Oda that 2016 would be the Year of the Sanji and got super hyped over it. So super fans were going to get so disappointed no matter what.

But yeah Sanji fans are weird, from wanting him to hit Pudding or poison Big Mom cake.

Ah, I missed that message as I've been away from the series for a while. He did get a lot of airtime though, and it was really good (made me like the character faaaaaaaaar more then I did back in, say, thriller bark).

People were mad at Ace death?

Like he had a great death!

Ace fans were furious, I remember a lot of outrage on AP back in the day.

I used to post images of Sakazuki poking through his chest for funsies

Limit

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Sanji was never the chosen one, he never had the hidden potential of his race. In fact, this arc is all about his dad grooming him to be fighter, but Sanji's passion being in cooking and bringing joy to others by taking care of everyone. The whole point of the arc is to to have this caretaker side of him come center stage. This fact is seemingly lost on you. You are wanting him to be something else, just like his family. And then when you realized he isn't that character, you are seemingly wanting to abandon the character. Just like his family.

You missed the point of this arc OP.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not even close.

Sanji was never the chosen one, he never had the hidden potential of his race. In fact, this arc is all about his dad grooming him to be fighter, but Sanji's passion being in cooking and bringing joy to others by taking care of everyone. The whole point of the arc is to to have this caretaker side of him come center stage. This fact is seemingly lost on you. You are wanting him to be something else, just like his family. And then when you realized he isn't that character, you are seemingly wanting to abandon the character. Just like his family.

damn, so true.

Ah, I missed that message as I've been away from the series for a while. He did get a lot of airtime though, and it was really good (made me like the character faaaaaaaaar more then I did back in, say, thriller bark).

Ace fans were furious, I remember a lot of outrage on AP back in the day.

I used to post images of Sakazuki poking through his chest for funsies
Lol Ace death is perfect for what Oda was trying to do though, stop crying about a death and see the beauty in it.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken his last big 1vs1 win was against Jyabura nearly 12 years and 500 chapters ago

rasu

Dec 22, 2017

Damn. Well-said! Let Sanji blaze his own path, care-takers > fighters anyways

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

Now tell this to the Robin fans who are dismissing her accomplishments because she isn't having a bare knuckle brawl each arc.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
here's the thing...after what is said and done...exactly what changed in sanji in this arc? he didn't change one bit, i read some people say he had character development..but what character development?

this arc was basically just sanji getting trashed left and right, you have to admit this blackleg, what we got from sanji in this arc was his backstory and that's it

if this arc ends with sanji below his scum brothers power wise(which is looking more likely at this point) what the fuck was the point of this arc? wasn't it to prove his better than his brother even without the superhuman genes?

i dunno man i just don't know anymore

Guess what - if you think about it, none of the other characters had development over the years either.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That was more a gag fight Sanji was in zero danger.

To Be fair though Zoro has only had Ryuma, Monet and Pica in that time and two of them he didn't break a sweat.

Oda needs to stop sidelining Strawhats it's been really annoying not seeing characters for years at a time

Also sir_crocodile if people thought Ace reactions were bad just wait till this happens:
0IW75X5.gif

S5gvFEw.gif

srPOcBl.gif

vcGHYyh.gif

xnLSTf2.gif

sJ9ibhI.gif

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
hey in super gohan probably has the best arc tbh , watching his dad piccolo guide and train h

and i have never understood the gohan criticism , he always had the haert of a scholar and had no need to fight after a while , unlike sanji who should still be a top fighter

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
That was more a gag fight Sanji was in zero danger.

To Be fair though Zoro has only had Ryuma, Monet and Pica in that time and two of them he didn't break a sweat.

Oda needs to stop sidelining Strawhats it's been really annoying not seeing characters for years at a time
OP is way too big for that to happen, we had it sorta happen in Thriller Bark but since then you can't expect their to be equal amount of villains to fight each single strawhat member. Someone's always somewhere else doing something.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
One Piece done fell off.

F A C T S

Sanji has never been even the 2nd best fighter in the crew. Accept that his contributions mostly will be outside combat, or be doomed to eternal disappointment.
well he was the most tactially sound and clever , Mr prince was that guy and in the cp9 saga ,, he was really in zoro's tier of strength , as jabra and kaku were roughly equal in abilities , at least raw , and sanji beat jabra easier than zoro beat kaku

people forget how dope sanji was , winning fights convincingly against 3rd strongest baddies , out smarting alot of elite big bads who in the new world would still be elite , crocodile , world government and co

new world ?? L , constantly underminded and beaten , he's still quite perceptive but that mr prince
G O N E
the things that made him awesome pre-ts don't happen anymore , facts

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanji is one of the more interest SHP, he's essentially to the crew and was a solid leader and tactician.

Oda just keeps doing him dirty. Fuck all that.

One Piece peaked with Alabasta.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Honestly, after marineford this entire series feels like it's being milked for all it's worth. Stopped reading after that fishman island trash, everything feels like massive filler then each arc ends with a small bone tossed to fans, a bone that actually pushes the main plot ever-so-slightly forward. One Piece used to be my favorite, now I actively avoid it.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanji is the best SHP and Oda keeps doing him dirty and I can't even be mad because I feel everyone on the SHP ain't been getting their fair share since the timeskip.

It's almost absurd how disconnected I feel with this series now.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ace death was annoying because it was the first death to happen. I mean, if characters actually died like most shones then it would a whole different thing.
But for the first time ever a character dies in OP and it's Ace from all people? RAGE