• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
abc7news.com

San Francisco tech CEO kicked out of Carmel Valley restaurant following racist rant caught on camera

Though the tech CEO issued an apology, saying in part, "My behavior in the video is appalling," the family believes he's just "trying to save face."

Title should be:
San Francisco tech CEO kicked out of Carmel Valley restaurant following racist rant caught on camera

CARMEL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Southern California family is speaking out after a San Francisco tech CEO went on a racist rant that was captured on video this weekend while they were celebrating a birthday at a Carmel Valley restaurant.

The Orosa and Chan family say they will not let the experience ruin what has become an annual tradition celebrating Mari Orosa's July 4 birthday in Carmel.
Raymond Orosa and his family were having dinner at Carmel Valley restaurant Lucia. "We were there just celebrating, having fun," said Orosa.

The fun quickly disappeared as the man at the table next to them began ranting. "Suddenly I hear this loud voice, you know like f'ing Asians," said Orosa.

Raymond's niece Jordan Chan, recorded what happened next on her cellphone.

"Say it again, now, you're shy," said Chan in the video.
Michael Lofthouse gave the family the finger, then said, "Trump's gonna f--- you. You f------ need to leave. You f------ Asian piece of s----."

"He was full of hate and anger," said Orosa. "It's sad that there are still people that are like that in this world, let alone in this country," he continued.

A Lucia employee quickly stepped in. "Get out, you are not allowed here. You do not talk to our guests like that. They are valued guests. Get out!"
Michael Lofthouse also issued a statement, writing, "My behavior in the video is appalling. This was clearly a moment where I lost control and made incredibly hurtful and divisive comments. I would like to deeply apologize to the Chan family. I can only imagine the stress and pain they feel. I was taught to respect people of all races, and I will take the time to reflect on my actions and work to better understand the inequality that so many of those around me face every day."

Video at the link

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What a bullshit apology. That hate was always there and he basically summed it up as, "Oops I let it slip out."

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you don't get to say "trump will fuck you" and then say you were raised to respect all races. Sorry you piece of shit. Fucking scum.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Michael Lofthouse also issued a statement, writing, "My behavior in the video is appalling. This was clearly a moment where I lost control and made incredibly hurtful and divisive comments. I would like to deeply apologize to the Chan family. I can only imagine the stress and pain they feel. I was taught to respect people of all races, and I will take the time to reflect on my actions and work to better understand the inequality that so many of those around me face every day."
This is a classic "apology" that it's like okay... so where did the racism come from then??

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Good on that waitress! Getting tired of these apologies; we saw your true self no need to hide it now.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
"Tech Company CEO"

His company's site looks like it was cooked up in wordpress in a day.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: Damn you Squarehard!

<shakes fist>

tenor.gif

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This story is likely to be a boost to his company since nobody probably heard of it before this.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
I know whenever I "lose control" I immediately just start randomly hating whatever group is in my vicinity.
heated gaming moments. You know how it is.
Just a heated diner moment.

It was a momentary sign of weakness.

He meant to keep his racism to himself.
Right?? Usually people are more subtle about the whole "sorry I let slip who I actually am"

Good on that waitress! Getting tired of these apologies; we saw your true self no need to hide it now.
Also this, pretty nice to see someone just tell him to GTFO right away.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Nahhhh man. You cannot cop pleas after the fact like that.

You said that shit with your heart because that's what you believe.

Good on that waitress. Seriously.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
"I was taught to respect people of all races." Yeah, right. Well it didn't fucking take. I hope nobody actually buys apologies like this. Shit like that doesn't just fly out of your mouth if you're having a bad day, unless it's the kind of thing that flies out of your mouth all the time anyway.

I was about to yell about how that's the fucking point, then I saw who posted it. Nice.

Oct 28, 2017
The minute I read the title, I automatically knew the "apology" would contain some form "this isn't me, this isn't me, I just lost control"

I read somewhere that his brother is married to an Asian? Gonna be a weird Thanksgiving.

Not necessarily, some asians can get pretty enamored by their "model immigrant" status. I know some people from Hong Kong who have some absolutely horrid opinions on the mainland Chinese (like, completely unrelated to their government) and South East Asians, especially those who are recent migrants with more limited English competency.

May 22, 2018
Hey I'm from Carmel Valley! Too bad when it finally makes the news it's for terrible shit like this.

It is amazing how these shitbags continue to expose themselves.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Hmm, looks like the linkedin profile is down. Hopefully gets fired right away, never hired again. I do not feel sorry for these racists.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
The only thing worse than a CEO is a Tech CEO. Its like the peanut butter and chocolate of horrible people.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Lol at his "apology". What a fucken loser. You gonna act like that then stand by it. No conviction in his beliefs. Like a fucken loser.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
This guy just doubles down on being a total piece of shit

Also, here's where people are going to tip the waitress, who handled this SPECTACULARLY. I stan. As an Asian, it's a rare occurrence to see any of of us being defended in public so she's getting a tip from me.

www.gofundme.com

A Big Tip for an Everyday Hero, organized by Jeremy Stephens

On July 5th in a restaurant in Carmel Valley, California, one customer made several ra… Jeremy Stephens needs your support for A Big Tip for an Everyday Hero