• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I feel like it's hard to outdo the perfect symbol of San Francisco's tech-rich anti-homeless agenda than the anti-homeless robot:
ksnNi5j.png
I had no idea the Watch Dogs 2 robots were a real thing

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Wow, what a bunch of heroes. Why don't they instead donate the money to existing nearby shelters, thus (presumably) expanding capacity. AND avoid looking like human scum?

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds terrible but I mean, no homeowner on this site would volunteer to have a homeless shelter built beside them. Let's just say the city is allowed to do what they want, the homeowners have a right to fight it.
A lot of people on this site don't live in cities like SF. In SF, a homeless shelter is bound to be near someone's house.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need more context on this I've seen some homeless during my time
Interning at Palo Alto and it was quite frankly extremely scary taking the bus back home with seemingly cooked up people .

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think every homeless person is "drug addled"? Even if so, do you think people addicted to drugs deserve a roof over their heads?
At Palo Alto tho the context is Stanford and then basically venture capitalist capital . The ones on the bus who are fucked up is blatantly obvious . And i was okay with it then but in the long run fuck no . That should be fixed . And if a homeless shelter leads to more no I'm not for it

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
At Palo Alto tho the context is Stanford and then basically venture capitalist capital . The ones on the bus who are fucked up is blatantly obvious . And i was okay with it then but in the long run fuck no . That should be fixed . And if a homeless shelter leads to more no I'm not for it
"That should be fixed". What the fuck does that even mean? Also that last sentence is quite a jump and you're the only one making that accusation.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly do you mean by "fixed"?

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think every homeless person is "drug addled"? Even if so, do you think people addicted to drugs deserve a roof over their heads?
No not
At all also but I don't have time to fix the world . Is this person wrong fuck no . Does it mean I have to deal with this person incoherent in public transport no I don't .

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coming into this thread I assumed they were raising money to fund the shelter elsewhere.

Nope...lawyering up...

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You think the planet is amazing ? I want a safe ride home . I don't want to deal with ppl out of control with drugs . And I know poverty and despair you evidently don't . You seeming just know it on a forum .
Holy crap. Man. You really are a piece of work. Hah. When I migrated to the states, we lived in public housing, you twat. My family had one room to share among the five of us. We were dirt poor. I didn't have a bed until I was six so I slept on the floor. Because of that, my back is fucked up. So don't you fucking tell me that I don't know anything about being poor, you coward.
But despite it all, I grew up to be a better person. Something I can't say about you, who so readily pisses his pants at the sight of homeless people

Last edited:

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap. Man. You really are a piece of work. Hah. When I migrated to the states, we lived in public housing, you twat. My family had one room to share among the five of us. We were dirt poor. I didn't have a bed until I was ten so I slept on the floor. Because of that, my back is fucked up. So don't you fucking tell me that I don't know anything about being poor, you coward.
But despite it all, I'm grew up to be a better person. Something I can't say about you, who so readily piss his pants at the sight of homeless people
I don't discount your hardship .

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
whatever makes you feel happy.
The thought of you pissing your pants like a fucking coward at the sight of homeless people brings me great joy.

What's even better is how you just assume every homeless person you meet are drug riddled addicts. Really shows what type of person you really are. I lived with drug addicts. I worked with drug addicts to help them through addiction. I've worked with the homeless as a volunteer. And trust me. The majority of them are better people than you'll ever be.

I'll stop for now to cool my nerves. Sorry everyone

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
whatever makes you feel happy.

Drug addled or not, people should still have somewhere to sleep. It doesn't matter what personal hardships people may or may not personally have endured. Sometimes you just give enough of a shit about other people. Sort of similar to how people who don't use public transit may still support (financially or politically) people's access to it.

On Topic: How much money do you have to have to put some towards making sure people don't have a place to sleep? Like. Is it 250k/year or what??

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for helping them what I am not for is dealing with them on the ride back at 2am when I have to worry about what he/she could do .
Is this about VTA 22? https://www.kalw.org/post/finding-home-hotel-22

The agency has been aware for over a decade now that passengers have used 22 for shelter. They haven't encountered any problems with those seeking refuge in their overnight buses, and in fact, have acknowledged & accepted their role in helping with the region's housing crisis -- which, circling back, is what this is about.

VTA wouldn't be in this position if there were enough shelters available.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): antagonising other members over a series of posts; inflammatory generalizations
The thought of you pissing your pants like a fucking coward at the sight of homeless people brings me great joy.

What's even better is how you just assume every homeless person you meet are drug riddled addicts. Really shows what type of person you really are. I lived with drug addicts. I worked with drug addicts to help them through addiction. I've worked with the homeless as a volunteer. And trust me. The majority of them are better people than you'll ever be.

I'll stop for now to cool my nerves. Sorry everyone

I have nothing more to say to you.

Drug addled or not, people should still have somewhere to sleep. It doesn't matter what personal hardships people may or may not personally have endured. Sometimes you just give enough of a shit about other people. Sort of similar to how people who don't use public transit may still support (financially or politically) people's access to it.

On Topic: How much money do you have to have to put some towards making sure people don't have a place to sleep? Like. Is it 250k/year or what??
Im not 250k I would assume I would be 150k when i get one the job market. However, it is a problem about how to handle a certain segment. I see it quite frankly in my house here ina college town when I see a homeless person just sitting downstairs when I take the elevator off. I get this is very strange for an American but poverty happens. Also Im okay with it. Do I report it no. Do I help the person if possible yes. Do I want them in my appartment? No. (Thankfully race is not an issue here in this college town yet)

I see no reason I should put money towards people having a place to sleep. The world is what it is.

Is this about VTA 22? https://www.kalw.org/post/finding-home-hotel-22

The agency has been aware for over a decade now that passengers have used 22 for shelter. They haven't encountered any problems with those seeking refuge in their overnight buses, and in fact, have acknowledged & accepted their role in helping with the region's housing crisis -- which, circling back, is what this is about.

VTA wouldn't be in this position if there were enough shelters available.
No not at all, just random ppl on the ride from downtown palo alto to stanford grad housing. So nothing related to what youre talking about. But late nights on the bus back to grad housing was sketchy at best. Now this was 8 years back tho. Might have improved significantly. Palo Alto seemed a lot like my college town but the homeless there seemed way "worse" than any here. (before anyone asks they were all white here and there)

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Im not 250k I would assume I would be 150k when i get one the job market. However, it is a problem about how to handle a certain segment. I see it quite frankly in my house here ina college town when I see a homeless person just sitting downstairs when I take the elevator off. I get this is very strange for an American but poverty happens. Also Im okay with it. Do I report it no. Do I help the person if possible yes. Do I want them in my appartment? No. (Thankfully race is not an issue here in this college town yet)

I see no reason I should put money towards people having a place to sleep. The world is what it is.

No not at all, just random ppl on the ride from downtown palo alto to stanford grad housing. So nothing related to what youre talking about. But late nights on the bus back to grad housing was sketchy at best. Now this was 8 years back tho. Might have improved significantly. Palo Alto seemed a lot like my college town but the homeless there seemed way "worse" than any here. (before anyone asks they were all white here and there)
Yeah. I got nothing more to say to you either because you really are the epitome of the "fuck you I got mine" mentality.

Poverty happens, am I right? Fuck helping those people. They need bootstraps

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I got nothing more to say to you either because you really are the epitome of the "fuck you I got mine" mentality.

Poverty happens, am I right? Fuck helping those people. They need bootstraps
man as I said I have nothing more to say to you. I would appreciate it if you did the same.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017

Sorry. I should have done more to clarify that the 250k comment was directed at the people that actually put money towards the go fund me. "Not caring" is one thing, but actually putting resources to stop the work being done is a few steps past that.

I'm also starting to wonder if you believe you have the worlds only exposure to poverty.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Sounds terrible but I mean, no homeowner on this site would volunteer to have a homeless shelter built beside them. Let's just say the city is allowed to do what they want, the homeowners have a right to fight it.

I have one near my home. I'm not fainting in shock, and you (as well as these evil people) can manage, too. It's not a big deal. If you really are concerned about homelessness, there'd be a better way to fight it, such as better mental health care, better social protections, a whole host of things you should support before fighting something to care for the most vulnerable.

Do you like looking at pigeon shit?

Are you really freaking out that birds sit in trees and do bird things.

People keep amazing me.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry. I should have done more to clarify that the 250k comment was directed at the people that actually put money towards the go fund me. "Not caring" is one thing, but actually putting resources to stop the work being done is a few steps past that.

I'm also starting to wonder if you believe you have the worlds only exposure to poverty.
I dont think that at all, also I would not like the element I saw in that bus into my neighborhood either. There is a middle ground.Here on Era it gets thrown into the deep end constantly.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are a complete cunt.
oh I see you giving up bed up to solve all humanities problems dont you? No Im not a cunt im realistic. Unless youre currently in africa fucking giving up a six figure job helping ppl you dont get to talk. Be a true help otherwise realize yours just being a fucking forum warrior. All talk no work.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I almost feel sorry for you. I can't imagine what it's like to be so selfish and disconnected from the people that surround you.

If this is truly how you feel, you need to do some self-reflection.
Or rather you have not realized what the world is. but i disgress. I cant help everyone neither can you. cheers man hope you realize it someday.