• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Older versions of Nobunaga and Mitsuhide are confirmed as well.

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
ACTUALLY surprised to see Yasuke.

People learning about Japanese immigration history this year.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
MOTHERFUCKIN' YASUKE

HOOOOOOOLY SHIT THEY FUCKING DID IT

I8WrnBdq4-EEDgMm47XImWBvgH3k5RKTVYc6aEBWZWF2d5fzbJuEIZiY-2FRlENZ3hNmQNmgOfYikufaBg2N4ckcf8pECbxQNVy6F6yaFrSUO-VT0uTAHkbIzCC725SNPvTd2XGZLUDoANIVBjSXcgdVdGwh4CTr7RY

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I love how Yasuke in that last little bit has been getting a lot of push everywhere. And he deserves it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, called it. Sorta. Looks dope

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
For those unfamiliar Yusuke, Yasuke had a short, but notable stint under Nobunaga. He was also present during the Honnouji incident, and fought the Akechi forces.

Yasuke - Wikipedia

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
for the uninitiated who is Paddy Ryan or what do they look like? Awesome to see Yasuke in SMV

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm really in the mood for some Musou crack. SW4 is pretty good on PC, right?

WTF KT is having a steam sale right now? The timing

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good choices, so I can't complain. Although I do wish they buffed the Imagawa clan a bit and we'd get Jukei-ni or Sessai.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
... I must be going crazy. It's been a while since I've played a Samurai Warriors game (SW2 or 3) but why are they changing Hanzo's weapon? Yeah, I see that one of the new guys has it, but why take it away from an established character?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
... I must be going crazy. It's been a while since I've played a Samurai Warriors game (SW2 or 3) but why are they changing Hanzo's weapon? Yeah, I see that one of the new guys has it, but why take it away from an established character?
Samurai Warriors 5 is a total reboot and every returning character is getting redone from scratch.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is basically a complete reboot, with everyone getting new designs/character concepts and even personalities in some cases (like Hideyoshi and Ieyasu now being portrayed as much younger characters since this game focuses on the Nobunaga years), so there have been many weapon changes.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Yasuke being a bit more unique rather than just have him built like a wardrobe and giving him the biggest axe/hammer/load bearing pillar they could find for him to wield.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
The design is absolutely amazing, and this will push me to buy the game. I just wish his voice actor was black. Surely there are black Japanese voice actors in Japan, right...?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The design is absolutely amazing, and this will push me to buy the game. I just wish his voice actor was black. Surely there are black Japanese voice actors in Japan, right...?
Absolutely. I just made a thread about it. So fucking weird that they got a white guy.
www.resetera.com

Why isn't a Black guy voicing Yasuke in Samurai Warriors 5? (Up: see threadmarks)

Edit: This initial post missed information and assumed the VA was white. Please read the threadmark and keep my mistakes in mind when reading the OP. (You can hear him just say "Nobunaga-sama" at 2:47) I was so hyped to see Yasuke in the new trailer/photos for Samurai Warriors 5 today, and...

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm really in the mood for some Musou crack. SW4 is pretty good on PC, right?

WTF KT is having a steam sale right now? The timing
Worth noting that only SW4-II is available on Steam. It does have gameplay improvements and 1 additional character over the original, so it's still worth playing if it's your only option. But if you want the better story mode then you'd have to seek out SW4 on PS3/4.

I want to recommend Spirit of Sanada because it's a unique, RPG-ish take on the series,. However, it runs like absolute garbage on PC, with tons of framerate issues even on a beefy setup. It's quite possibly their worst PC port ever, and that's saying something.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Really cool pick. Also echo that I'm glad he isn't just some heavy axe character.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Never care about this series, but seeing some representation is peaking my interes...

Absolutely. I just made a thread about it. So fucking weird that they got a white guy.
www.resetera.com

Why isn't a Black guy voicing Yasuke in Samurai Warriors 5? (Up: see threadmarks)

Edit: This initial post missed information and assumed the VA was white. Please read the threadmark and keep my mistakes in mind when reading the OP. (You can hear him just say "Nobunaga-sama" at 2:47) I was so hyped to see Yasuke in the new trailer/photos for Samurai Warriors 5 today, and...
Well... shit.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This game releasing a few months the anime about Yasuke on Netflix is sure to help boost the game's visibility.

Just hope he's available for character select at start or early on, w/o ridiculous unlock requirements.
He will likely not be playable until you unlock him in the story mode, and given that this game seems to span the length of Nobunaga's military career, that probably won't happen until late since Yasuke didn't enter Nobunaga's service until 1581.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
He will likely not be playable until you unlock him in the story mode, and given that this game seems to span the length of Nobunaga's military career, that probably won't happen until late since Yasuke didn't enter Nobunaga's service until 1581.

C'mon Koei...Do a fast forward!

It's historical fiction after all.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
As for why Yasuke is using fist weapons, I kind of wonder if that was inspired at all by the way Gracia played in the older games. Her weapons were bracelets, but her attacks tended to involve punches combined with magic. Historically, she was, among other things, notable for being a Christian convert, while Yasuke originally came to Japan with European missionaries.

It's an extremely loose comparison/connection and probably doesn't mean anything, but it came to mind.