• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

SCREEN_SHOT_2019-11-18_AT_6.36.41_PM.png

It was originally supposed to be out Q4 2019, but I guess SNK needed more time to get it right.

Source: Nintendo (YouTube)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think there's no delay, it was already announced that Japanese version is coming in December but western version had no release date. Now they're announcing the western date.

Isotope

Nov 7, 2017
Still shown for December according to the Japanese release schedule on Nintendo's site (SAMURAI SPIRITS), so this could just be for the western release as stated above.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
They prioritized the Stadia version over proper PC and Switch releases.

I mean, probablty, but Nintendo and Steam aren't going to give them a sack of money so honestly i kind of have to respect the hussle.

Hope it doesn't take too long. Having that neogeo Samsho collection in the mean time wouldn't hurt either.

Nov 28, 2017
Fighting games, especially for PS4, X1 and Switch, should be out day 1, to both maximize on unit sales and smooth monetization through their live service in their first year from their active playerbase.

A separate release timeframe spoils them both.

They could at least throw in that season pass with the Switch SKU.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games, especially for PS4, X1 and Switch, should be out day 1, to both maximize on unit sales and smooth monetization through their live service in their first year from their active playerbase.
They already said multiple times they don't have enough people to work on multiple versions of the game at the same time so this isn't happening.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
They already said multiple times they don't have enough people to work on multiple versions of the game at the same time so this isn't happening.
Well, their previous PC and Switch ports were farmed out to Abstraction Games (KOFXIV, SNK Heroines) to mixed results. Hopefully they've taken it inhouse, SamSho Switch already looks like a big step up from Heroines.

Aug 12, 2019
They let Terry into Smash

Completely different situation. Sakurai adores many of the SNK titles that served as the inspiration for much of Super Smash Bros. and they were largely brought in to Smash due to his love of their titles. Terry is supposed to represent SNK as a whole company and not just the super specific circumstances that probably had Stadia really pushing money on to SNK to get a version of Samurai Showdown going. Hell, Terry was probably decided and officially licensed well before Samurai Showdown on Switch was even decided upon anyway.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Let me preorder this right and get that NGPC version of Samurai Shodown 2 on my Switch ASAP. I loved the NGPC and carried that with me my last years of high school instead of my GameBoy that's how much I loved it.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Nintendo delisted the video. I hope it's not because the NGPC bonus isn't coming to America.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
The delay is most likely due to a great rollback implementation that SNK has been testing for some time now and they're still working out quirks with cross-platform play, so they're just polishing the game to be sure it is everything a fan wants.
I'm sure that's the real reason anyways.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto