• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they confirmed PC, XBO, and Switch some time ago.

They didn't. From my own article about it:

Me said:
v3LL20L.jpg

A slide shown during the event has raised questions as to whether Samurai Shodown will be released on other platforms in addition to PlayStation 4, but said slide appears to indicate the representation of SNK's key series across platforms—not the platforms of the new Samurai Shodown specifically. For example, The King of Fighters XIV is pictured for the King of Fighters series, but while The King of Fighters XIV is available on PlayStation 4 and PC, it is not available on Switch and Xbox One, which are also listed. However, the series itself is available across all listed platforms. The same can be said for the Samurai Shodown (Samurai Spirits) and Metal Slug series, both of which have games available on all listed platforms.

Trailer in OP doesnt even state a platform but only says at the end "More News coming soon".

Yeah, it's strange that none of the trailers have listed platform, despite being initially announced for PS4. The official Evo 2019 title list e-mail sent to press does mention that the tournament will use the PS4 version, though.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, when Galford gets hit by the first hit of Haohmaru super it looks like his blood splatters all over Haohamaru's face and body/clothes? Haohmaru is still covered in blood when completing the rest of the super.

Either that or it's Haohmaru's blood from getting damaged earlier in the round. Either way there is definitely blood on the characters and it stays. You can see blood on Galford's pants and arm in another part of the trailer.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Despite my 36 years on this planet, I have somehow never played a SamSho game.

What's up with that insane damage?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! I heard the last KOF game was pretty solid, will definitely jump in on this one.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
They really did justice to the Hao's dynamite blast attack. I always loved the pull back and pause right before he unleashes the attack.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that NISA announces the CE soon.

As much as they suck with Falcom games, their treament for SNK has been great, I bought the CE for Heroines and 40th anniversary and they are both great

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
They've definitely improved the visuals from the first trailer. I'm looking forward to it.

Hopefully the roster isn't limited though...

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
SamSHO at EVO, Let's GO!
That close-up shot of Jubei after his segment looked so calm, lol.

The gameplay looked fast initally. Maybe this is because my last VS battles of SamSho2 were full of heavy hitstun slowdowns, and kagebushin out of blows... nice to see meters and all on screen.

So we about to begin the SNK style hype train for real now? The quiet has felt long lasting.

SNK has so many crossovers now, with SamSho, we have a chance to see their characters at more places during EVO. Makes me wish they'd get into bbCTB even more, ha.

I enjoyed the quick acceptance of FEXL into EVO last year, it's nice to see how games start with the fighting pros. Gives less time for tech to become stale and overused, which leads to nice on stage surprises mid battle.

Hope SNK post their own extended version of this trailer soon. It was great to have, but feels like we could use another character, stage, or narration after all this time. If not... not like too long til release, now...!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's amusing how much it resembles SF4 visually. Looks pretty alright, wish it would look better though. It's better than KOFXIV at least.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is it just me or the characters look like sf x tekken characters? i mean the textures and whatnot
not sure of the correct terminology

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
is it just me or the characters look like sf x tekken characters? i mean the textures and whatnot
not sure of the correct terminology
The lighting and shadows definitely have a similar style to them. Thankfully, it's not as garish in it's colors as SFxT.
It has been sometime since I played SS2, but it definitely feels slower than IV or VSp.
Hm, maybe, yeah. SSII will always be my definition for the series, even when playing others. Something beteen both speeds should feel nice.
Official trailer is up:

Playable at PAX East! March 28th to 31st. Man, now I'm gonna want March to speed by, lol.