• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
This is a great game and it's a shame it seems to be flying under the radar. To those concerned about price be aware with the season pass it really does balance out. This is the very definition of easy to pick up and depth to master.

Anyway looking for xbox players so please add me for some sparring antics.

Xbox tag: Manac0r3

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great game and it's a shame it seems to be flying under the radar. To those concerned about price be aware with the season pass it really does balance out. This is the very definition of easy to pick up and depth to master.

Anyway looking for xbox players so please add me for some sparring antics.

Xbox tag: Manac0r3
Being announced for EVO before it's release is already the highest attention it got

---

are there any good Darli players to watch?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Played about 100 matches online and the majority of them was pretty good, got lag in some and very few unplayable. I also didn't get a single rage quit yet lol.

Seems like the PS4 ver. of the game sold out in some retailers in Japan. They made a really good game and I'm glad it's doing well.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
TamTam seems like a hard fight for Wu, he has a lot of tools to get around her zoning. Got murdered by him, can't even throw ice since his SSM punishes fireballs.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the guys who are having laggy matches, are you searching matches with "general area" or "same area"? I been using General Area all the time and I had only like 5 laggy matches in total out of 200ish

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the guys who are having laggy matches, are you searching matches with "general area" or "same area"? I been using General Area all the time and I had only like 5 laggy matches in total out of 200ish
If set to general area it takes a long time to find anyone
I'm northern europe

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, but I'd be less hesitant about picking it up at full price if there seemed to be a larger community for this. Don't want to end up taking forever to find a match a month later yafeelme

This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the FGC. Easily one of the most common comments I see regarding new or even existing games, and it always seems like a self fulfilling prophecy.

If you want the game to have support and a large community, start by supporting it yourself. It's that simple.

Last edited:

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the FGC. Easily one of the most common comments I see regarding new or even existing games, and it always seems like a self fulfilling prophecy.

If you want the game to have support and a large community, start by supporting it yourself. It's that simple.
I'll buy it whatever year it comes out on PC

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Had an amazing set with someone last night. I don't remember how many matches we played, but the were switching characters quite often (personally I sticked with Shiki), which helped me learn a lot about the game and some of their moves. Even though I lost about 70% of all matches, I still had a blast. The connection was quite good, too. I did have a few laggy matches before this long set, though.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, this line of thinking is extremely frustrating.

s y

Nov 8, 2017

This game wasnt on my radar till it came out. As a casual fighting game fan, that's a big ask from a consumer perspective¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Darli is dope.

I like her jumping game. j.B air to air is great and jumping in it even crosses up. j.C is amazing aswell paired with her non-floaty jump arc
Didn't know you could AA with 2B but it works. Proximity 5B can also AA pretty well but i never liked proximity moves for AA
Her WTF as an AA is great! Since it's so short range trying to microdash after a grab into WFT online is less reliable and i'd rather save it for AA tbh
236K has such insane reach and you can use it to end combos aswell for some wall carry but it doesn't hit close outside combos only far
Hammer i use for forcing people to try and get me before it charges and when it hits to stun it's time to disarm and hit them with the super punch to kill lol
66K has great range but super unsafe got cut in half sometimes.
66c ,66k overhead and lowmixup is something i need to do but the C short range they might just block high till im close enough
Back throw into 5C is incredible. Forward throw into 66C best option i've seen. Her K's all seem decent besides 6K which seems seeable but it KNDs
I need some extra range from 5B trying to poke with it ain't fun it looks like it should go further
236A/B/C ok for combos. use B and C to change postion since they go through even on block
Her command throw recovers faster than regular throw. If you expect people to try and jump throw. Otherwise i throw all day
And i like her rushdown playstyle but if you can't get in or catch people it gets hard. But people like to rush to you if they see hammer charge

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game seems deader than a doorknob. Game isn't even a week old and I'm having trouble finding matches in Ranked.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
So Galford doesn't care about losing his weapon
Still throwing dogs and lightning kunais at people

LiftGammaGain

Oct 29, 2017
Asia-Europe
Im really enjoying the game. SS is my favorite fighting game ever, i own the first 4 on Neo Geo AES and as a fan, i think they really nailed the feel of a SS game with this reboot. Bravo

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Im really enjoying the game. SS is my favorite fighting game ever, i own the first 4 on Neo Geo AES and as a fan, i think they really nailed the feel of a SS game with this reboot. Bravo
Indeed.
The throwbacks to the previous titles are lovely. I freaked out when I saw Charlotte's stage from SS2 just now!

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
just because its hard to find a match doesnt mean its dead.

Remember it took upwards of 30mins to find a match in vanilla DBFZ
Connections isn't solely region based
Fighting friends living close there were troubles
Hoping it's early launch online issues that'll get sorted later
This game is too dope to die

Askherserenity

Oct 27, 2017
People keep saying they can't find matches and I haven't had any trouble finding matches on Xbox. I'm usually playing at around 11-12 at night.

shounenka

Nov 22, 2017
Yokohama
Mmh i don't know.

There's some good stuff, for sure. But the UI/UX is atrocious, the netcode is bad (I tried to play with a lot of friends, that i play with all the time on various fighting games : Lags everywhere. Just watched Jiyuna's stream and he said that the game had the worst netcode he ever experienced between all the FGs online he ever played.)
And there's basically no content.

I really like the core gameplay so far, but the whole package is HELLA rough around the edges. I don't think well-crafted is the word.

The UI/UX is pretty bad, imo. The art looks nice in the menus and I love the music. And the netcode.

I have wired google fiber, idk, it was so bad last night (I am playing 10-12pm central time-ish). Long times to find matches and lag, lag, lag.

Will have to believe the comments about the netcode, as I haven't quite gotten there yet. Have just been enjoying the classic SS gameplay and aesthetic updates as a huge fan of the original, not to mention that the new characters are great. In that respect, the relative lack of content doesn't bother me (through the UI is not the best in the world, I agree).

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to make the training dummy counter attack immediately after blocking? Counter setting doesn't seem to be working for me. :(

Edit: Also, is there an indication if you've used up your super special move?

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to make the training dummy counter attack immediately after blocking? Counter setting doesn't seem to be working for me. :(

Edit: Also, is there an indication if you've used up your super special move?
The counter option in the menu means the hit you do to the dummy will count as a "counter hit" not that they will counter attack you. It's really easy to do once you understand how to make they counter you but I'm not near my console right now so this is the best I can do to explain now:

Set the recording settings to reversal (3rd page when you press start in training mode), change the reversal option from "all" to "guard". When you record you will get a timing going down, you have to do the input you want the dummy to do right when the timer reaches 0 (I think there's an indicator that says "Reversal" bellow the timer if you do it right, but I think it doesn't show for some single inputs). The button for record is L3 by default and to play the record is R3, you can change it if you want.

For the second question, I don't think so.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Is Darli's huge unarmed punch unblockable? Thought I was blocking and got fuuuucked up. Probably wasn't blocking....

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to gift a friend a copy of this for his PS4. Turns out, can't find it on amazon or retail stores! (mexico)

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
The counter option in the menu means the hit you do to the dummy will count as a "counter hit" not that they will counter attack you. It's really easy to do once you understand how to make they counter you but I'm not near my console right now so this is the best I can do to explain now:

Set the recording settings to reversal (3rd page when you press start in training mode), change the reversal option from "all" to "guard". When you record you will get a timing going down, you have to do the input you want the dummy to do right when the timer reaches 0 (I think there's an indicator that says "Reversal" bellow the timer if you do it right, but I think it doesn't show for some single inputs). The button for record is L3 by default and to play the record is R3, you can change it if you want.

For the second question, I don't think so.

Thanks!

Not home at the moment but will give it a shot later.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I've just received a warning that too much disconnection would penalize my account.

I know it's for ragequitting but I'm pretty sure the only time I've seen a disconnect is when I entered rest mode on my PS4.

So heads up folks and be careful.

EDIT: Holy shit why am I about to be penalized when I'm not disconnecting?! WTF??

I'm getting this now too, lol. Wtf

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I did my part, thought this game looked pretty fun and figured I'd reward SNK with a purchase. Haven't managed to play it for very long just yet but I've made my point known with my wallet. Hopefully the matchmaking issues folks are having is moreso a bug than a lack of players.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Going to pick up a physical copy of this today. Looks excellent.
Thanks for all the comments on here. Like many have said, games like this will die if we don't support them.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I promised myself I was done with fighting games, but this looks great. Combos are short and do high damage, right? I strongly disliked the long, low damage combos in the recent SF entries.

Does the game work with the old PS3 Tournament edition stick?

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sooooooooo is it good? My man Yoshitora is in so that's a plus.

Is it more similar to Samsho III or IV?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I promised myself I was done with fighting games, but this looks great. Combos are short and do high damage, right? I strongly disliked the long, low damage combos in the recent SF entries.

Does the game work with the old PS3 Tournament edition stick?
No legacy support. At least not yet. Maybe they'll patch it in. Hopefully we'll get roll back net code patch as well.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
my first samsho and i really like it. its a nice change and unique enough compared to sf & co. really fun game and beautiful artstyle.

but it has some rough edges like lobby system, netcode, etc. really hope they support it over a longer time and improve it.

ShadowMurloc

Oct 30, 2017
Sydney Australia
Having a great time with the game. Played a bit of online last few nights and it was 50/50 smooth or laggy.
I love the slower pace of the game, it's simple but I think there's a surprising amount of depth

Askherserenity

Oct 27, 2017
Sooooooooo is it good? My man Yoshitora is in so that's a plus.

Is it more similar to Samsho III or IV?

It's fantastic. If you're thinking about picking it up, just get it. I hesitated for a couple days but I'm glad I got it. I know it's still in it's honeymoon phase but I think it's becoming one of my favorite "modern" fighting games.

Hopefully with SNK support, the online can be ironed out a bit and maybe add a couple features, replays, etc.

I think it's more similar to 2, someone correct me if I'm wrong.