• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Which has the better value? The cheapest DLC characters? The more noob friendly?

I checked the EVO announcements and these two grabbed my interest the most.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Granblue Fantasy : Versus is the better game, and with the most online players.

Samsho has the cheapest DLC characters i think.

Granblue Fantasy : Versus has a great tutorial ingame if you're a beginner.

You should go with Granblue.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Granblue is a lot more active online and has good tutorials. DLC is a bit pricey though.

I'd still go for Granblue. Great game.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Granblue for the singleplayer, Samurai Shodown for more character if you got the free S1 DLC before.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Grandblue Fantasy Versus is one of the best games ArcSys has put out recently, although character roster is very small

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't own Granblue Fantasy VS, but if there's people playing then definitely that.
I own and love Samurai Shodown, even bought the new season pass, but the game is dead online (on PS4).

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Granblue is much much much more beginner friendly and better looking imo, and while the online is not great I believe it's better than samsho's

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Beat'em up mode feels very "thrown in for padding" but GrandBlue Fantasy Versus I feel is the superior game. It's super beginner friendly and has a fantastic tutorial. The next season will see the roster in a good state variety-wise.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35653

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The story mode on Granblue isn't very good imo. It's set up like a Beat em up but it's pretty shallow. I would not consider it a selling point at all.
The story mode of granblue is uhh there? Is flashy and cool looking fully voiced and with nice cutscenes with some light rpg mechanics but it lacks meaningful content imo
Understood. That's why I like hearing player's opinions, the Italian reviewers said it was 'interesting'.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Shodown 5 Special:

- Cheaper
-More characters
-Fatalities
-Rollback netcode

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
Understood. That's why I like hearing player's opinions, the Italian reviewers said it was 'interesting'.
Oh but one more thing, there's some incentive to play the story mode as it unlocks the first dlc characters for free, it's also the only way to get extra colors and weapon skins so if you care about the character or aesthetic customization I guess it's worth going trough it

Nestunt

Oct 27, 2017
Porto, Portugal
Both are very focused on neutral game.

I find Granblue more enjoyable for pick-up and play.

Samsho is great if any of your friends also play it. Since it's a more deliberate gameplay, it generates tenser moments that culminate in hype :P

PaladinCharge

Nov 17, 2017
Technically the 4 Evo games you can actually enter are Killer Instinct, Skullgirls, Mortal Kombat 11, and Them's Fightin' Herds. The rest are just exhibitions is my understanding.

I'd say Granblue though.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was SamSho just not good or popular or something? I was all excited but nobody's talking about it.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
GranBlue is simpler, not that SS is hard, but GBV is more inline with most other fighters where as SS is its own thing. GBV also has less characters but more content overall.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
If you're going to play locally with a friend, I think Sam Sho is the more fun back and forth game

If you plan to play Single Player or online and want to be part of a bigger community, Gandblue is the game to go.

However both games are quite different from one another, with Sam Sho being a slower, simpler more methodical game whereas Grandblue is straight up anime flash

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
They're both really fun. Probably Granblue right now since there's an actual online community.

I haven't touched the story mode on either game, so if you're looking for single player stuff, you can just disregard this post.

I think overall, SamSho is the better game. Wasn't really a huge fan of Granblue's special cool down or combo system and wound up dropping it after a month or so. They're both pretty great at teaching you how to play neutral, but Granblue leans pretty heavy on getting people in the corner.

That said Katalina is rad if you just wanna play an ST style Ryu.

Jun 22, 2019
aw dang

Does it have good single player content at least? Story? Survival Mode?

No.

Story mode was like 4 pictures per character or something to tell a basically nothing story? It's just like an arcade mode.

It has survival mode I think.

It was supposed to have this ghost mode that utilizes data from other players to re-create their fighting style but it didn't fucking work whatsoever and the ghosts played way worse than the base CPU would.

The game is a barebones mess if you don't have people to play with. But the gameplay is wonderful. Extremely neutral and read heavy, and feels much more methodical and tense than any other fighter.