• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 4, 2018
I can't buy this game, their clothing is not child/family friendly 😂 it's rather disguising this still exists 2020.
I mean I agree the designs for Mina and Iroha are fucking garbage, but this game wasn't for kids / family friendly in the first place considering the blood and body severing present in the game already.

OP
OP
Kyora90

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
They'll probably release the Steam version with some DLC and 5 SP copy as preorder-week 1 bonus

I hope

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sogetsu was my main in SS4 so yay

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
They did a good job with Mina, I hope they explain the eye patch and Chample . Sogetsu looks good too but they didn't show much. Iroha they just showed the model so I hope they keep her double jump.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): repeatedly dismissing sexism, hostility and exclusionary rhetoric over a series of posts
People can be butt hurt all they want but at the end of the day both Mina and Iroha are really popular and were at the top of the fan polls.

It makes perfect sense to include them. And anyone whining about their designs is over a decade too late, they look almost exactly the same as their original designs.

KOFXIV's DLC was based on fan requests/polls as well. The same thing is being done with SamSho.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Going to buy the Switch version when it's out.

Hope this is a faily easy game to get into and I don't get destroyed online :S

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People can be butt hurt all they want but at the end of the day both Mina and Iroha are really popular and were at the top of the fan polls.

It makes perfect sense to include them. And anyone whining about their designs is over a decade too late, they look almost exactly the same as their original designs.

KOFXIV's DLC was based on fan requests/polls as well. The same thing is being done with SamSho.

It is impossible to update a character's design, of course.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
* Insert SNK clueless PC joke here *

Extra characters look cool, bow and arrow character huh. Wonder if the last one will be from another franchise.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
When will Cham Cham return? Geeze!

Also sucks that the "pocket" version you get with the Switch is playable upon release and not now. Preloaded since last week the Deluxe edition on Switch.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't care for Sogetsu, but I guess he's given when Kazuki is already there. Mina and Iroha were also obvious, since they're super popular still (relatively speaking for SS). Mina is kind of fun to mess around with, but I wonder how she'll deal with the insta-super, she's wide open for counter attacks during many moves. Iroha is of course fan service turned up to max, but she's quite fun to play and she deserves a spot in an actual SS, but a slightly more conservative outfit wouldn't have hurt. She's still a goddamn maid without a skirt.

There's still many cool characters so I'm hoping for at least one more season. Sieger or Yunfei need a spot, but even the 3D games had a couple of really cool designs so there's a lot to choose from. Although they seem to technically hold on to the lore so the Warrior's Rage crew should be out.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
mina is wearing a lot less and the 3D gaze of the camera is making everything worse.

Mina has the same outfit she always had. It's just that the 3d camera allows you to look at her closer than before.

latest

(SSV artwork)
latest

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
There's still many cool characters so I'm hoping for at least one more season. Sieger or Yunfei need a spot, but even the 3D games had a couple of really cool designs so there's a lot to choose from. Although they seem to technically hold on to the lore so the Warrior's Rage crew should be out.
The director said that he was interested in bringing Sieger back, and Mina being back means dead characters like Yunfei are on the table.
+ Sieger's a choice husbando pick so I can him making it back in, especially if the game gets a third season

Oct 25, 2017
I think the last character is probably either brand new (They did this in KOF XIV Season 2 with Najd) or a guest character. If they do a bonus character again (I don't think they will but it's possible) it'll definitely be Cham Cham. I'm cool with the three chosen and will give them all a try.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I think the last character is probably either brand new (They did this in KOF XIV Season 2 with Najd) or a guest character. If they do a bonus character again (I don't think they will but it's possible) it'll definitely be Cham Cham. I'm cool with the three chosen and will give them all a try.
I see a lot of support for a Soul Calibur guest thanks to Haohmaru being a guest in SC6. I'd hope it's not a 1 for 1 trade with mitsurugi though, just because i'd love someone like Yoshimitsu or Maxi for uniqueness factor.

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of support for a Soul Calibur guest thanks to Haohmaru being a guest in SC6. I'd hope it's not a 1 for 1 trade with mitsurugi though, just because i'd love someone like Yoshimitsu or Maxi for uniqueness factor.
If it is a guest character, then yeah Soul Calibur makes since. I could see Yoshimitsu or Nightmare getting in if it happens.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Oda Interview from October on SP2 Characters:
Source: https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/samurai-shodown-interview/
Giuseppe: It's intriguing that SNK characters are appearing basically in every fighting game out there. I wonder, are other developers ever going to give back? Can we expect guest characters in Samurai Shodown?
Yasuyuki Oda:
The possibility exists, but I can't say anything about it.

Giuseppe: Speaking of season pass 2. Is it going to include only returning characters or there may be new characters?
Yasuyuki Oda:
Not at the moment. No.
Giuseppe: So it's going to be all returning characters?
Yasuyuki Oda:
That's the focus, yes.

So not personally expecting a Guest, and we know it's not a new character either. Plans could have changed, though.

I think Mina looks pretty great. Her sprites always had that Childish Soft Face / Alien Girl Kula look to them, so to see her look serious, and scarred (or hiding a possessed ___gan eye, Naruto style!?) feels like a step forward for her as a character. She was the first gameplay reason that made me have real fun with SSV. I think her gameplay will be welcome in a game that has such a strong Shizumaru, heh. Please allow me to punt kick Chample as a bonus projectile / way of showing salt for him taking her eye, heh.

Sogetsu continues the stealth trend of "the hottest characters from SNK are secretly the men", with his extremely pretty-boy looks. Sure, that's always been his character, but they coulda Ken'd it up in 3D, y'know? I already really like the illustration of his water abilities, I feel like it's a hard special effect set to nail in modern 3D fighters.

I have little personal love for Iroha. She was in the least violent SamSho, her sex appeal is just kinda... there / feels like a riff on Morrigan in the XvsSF series, and I never felt the depth in playing her (But, to be fair, I didn't TRY much either.) So, I actually look forward to seeing how this character I feel so little about, turns out in a game that's even made me Re-Like WAN-FU. (I used to love chucking multi-hit fire pillars in the very early days of the series) I think they've done great making everyone's gameplay more fun than it's ever been, personally.

Assuming the last DLC character shown ISN'T a guest, even I'm hoping for Gen-an now. Or heck, it could even be someone from his tribe, that's not him. It's a shame the closest we have to playable Youkai are basically the Puzzle and Dragons DLC costumes. If not a Youkai, I'd be happy with Old Man Caffine Nicotine, who apparently was a base roster choice before being cut for LEAST POPULAR CHARACTER IN SERIES, lol. Gaira would also be cool, to bring that Goro Daimon-style play to the game.

Of course, I personally want Seiger, but I feel like Wan Fu already looks pretty dang similar to how he'd appear in this game. Not impossible, but makes him less likely.

Cham Cham seems more like a Season Pass / sequel Lead, rather than a season pass part. Wouldn't mind seeing her here, and her angry beast form could actually be pretty impressive to see done well in 3D.

chamcham2.png

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019

I don't think literally anyone said it didn't make sense for them to be there.
I also don't think you have to be timely for a complaint to be legitimate or warranted. A bad design being 20 years old doesn't make it a good design.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think literally anyone said it didn't make sense for them to be there.
I also don't think you have to be timely for a complaint to be legitimate or warranted. A bad design being 20 years old doesn't make it a good design.

And a few people whining doesn't make a design bad either.

Mina and Iroha are being included due to their popularity, which includes their designs.