• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Samurai Shodown DLC character Cham Cham launches March 16; character from Guilty Gear teased

Samurai Shodown Season 3 downloadable content character Cham Cham (voiced by Yuna Taniguchi) will launch on March 16, publisher and developer SNK announced.
Samurai Shodown Season 3 downloadable content character Cham cham (voiced by Yuna Taniguchi) will launch on March 16, publisher and developer SNK announced.

SNK also teased that one of the unannounced Season 3 characters is a collaboration character from Arc System Works' Guilty Gear series.

samsho-dlcs_02-21-21_mukll.jpg

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Guilty Gear character is either Nagoriyuki or Baiken, calling it now.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Damn... I look forward to getting this when all the DLC is out. GG crossover is pretty hype. Nagoriyuki would be amazing, because I love his design. If they did a more classic Baiken outfit, that'd be cool. Anji Mito seems like another possibility. Chipp would make me laugh, though, so I'd be down with him, too.

on topic: Cham Cham is obnoxious.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Baiken and Nagoriyuki are the obvious choices and I think anything else would be extremely ill-fitting, so I hope it's one of them

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Would expect Baiken before anyone else, simply for being the most old-timey samurai stylistically in GG (would be surprised if Nagoriyuki given the high-tech visor thing even if that choice could do more to promote Strive specifically, but picture Johnny as being less likely than either).
Nagoriyuki overlaps with Genjuro.

It's gotta be Baiken.
He does, but to be fair Haohmaru overlapping with Mitsurugi didn't stop him from showing up in SCVI.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nagoriyuki is already a samsho char, it'll be him

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's Baiken for sure. She's a classic and much more well known among the fanbase.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Maybe they add Axl Low to surprise everyone. He is a time traveler fighter...

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Baiken being the first DLC character in Strive is 1000% believable so I can see that happening. Even cooler if Samsho's Baiken uses the new Strive design.
Kinda doubt because this DLC lineup was likely chosen so long ago, it was probably even before Nago for a full trailer

itd probably be Xrd or classic look but i could be wrong

could be neither. snk troll

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda doubt because this DLC lineup was likely chosen so long ago, it was probably even before Nago for a full trailer

itd probably be Xrd or classic look but i could be wrong

could be neither. snk troll
I can assure you the first season of most FGs is decided and designed with the base roster in most cases. Creating a character in most games, from licensing to release, tends to take around a year, so ASW could definitely have shared any relevant documents in time for this to happen.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I will buy this game (again) when they patch rollback in.

I don't have anyone to play it offline with 😢

I hope arc systems shames them into netcode competence...

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This will be the first GG character on an Xbox console since Xbox 360. I never thought I'd seen it happen.

Temujin

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
How's SamSho for sp? I loved the mega drive port and would enjoy it if it has some meat.
Not worth it. Think Sfv in 2016. The game is for VS play only. And if you can find someone for local coop the game is super fun!
SamSho has a proper arcade mode with character intros and endings, plus ghost mode, survival, gauntlet, training. Maybe it's not great in terms of SP content but it's certainly more than SFV had in 2016.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
It's incredible how I don't care about a single DLC character for this game. Which is not bad since it saves me some money I guess. That GG character is 😬

Oct 25, 2017
Baiken is so popular that people are speculating she's dlc in another game before she's in Strive? But then again Akuma

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I'm throwing in a dark horse pick and say it's Testament. I don't think the series has a sythe user at the moment.

the Axl suggestion is inspired though

Apr 19, 2018
Cool to see Cham Cham back, but it won't be the same without Paku Paku.

Story reasons and all that, I know. Just invent her a new monkey!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The obvious choice would be Baiken for the collab, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's someone else.