• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, this game is close. Charlotte was my main and I'm planning to use her again

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Still not a fan of her slightly-more-fan-service-y design, but she looks more badass than ever otherwise!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why is she wearing frilly stockings? Come on, Charlotte, you're better than this.

Oct 27, 2017
I still love her but I wish they didn't sexy her up. Her original design was awesome. This, not so much.

Otherwise she looks just as good gameplay wise.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they hadn't fucked with the design. Sounds like a new voice actress too, figured that would be the case but disappointing nonetheless.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Sexist Commentary
It's a pretty cute design. Definitely much more suitable to modern 3D presentation than the awkward and lumpy less feminine silhouette of her earlier incarnations.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Full, practical armor is way more cute/cool.
lady_of_the_knight_by_nathanparkart-d733esj.jpg

But by fighting game standards, the one in the trailer seems decently tame to me. Not crazy for the design, but I kinda like it.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any videos of high level gameplay? I want to see what this game is really about.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Not much to say as there has been plenty of gameplay of her already. Still like her new design

The shoulder pads could be a bit smaller, yeah they were always big but don't think they work that well with the new design.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Not much to say as there has been plenty of gameplay of her already. Still like her new design

The shoulder pads could be a bit smaller, yeah they were always big but don't think they work that well with the new design.

The heels bug me way more. I can't take my eyes off the heels.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
It's alright. I prefer the older design, giant armor and all. More importantly.. the game is looking really fun.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
It's a massive downgrade from her classic design, but honestly it's still not completely terrible. She looks much better than Belt Enthusiast Pirate Elena or Chinese Titty Intellectual.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, SNK has had some PHENOMENAL androgynous/non-gender-traditional character designs. King, Vanessa, Amakusa, etc. Charlotte and her fucking oversized armor was such an interesting design in flirting with that line.

Now she looks like a generic anime bait. Kinda sad.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waifuizing is one consistent thing with current SNK. Charlotte isn't the first to get it- Vanessa got it in KOFXIV.

SNK cares more about the Chinese market than the Western market.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
As a woman, who the hell wants to fight or do anything athletic in high heels? Let alone deadly sword combat.

Relatively tame compared to other fighting game designs, but that doesn't keep it from looking like a sexy knight costume from Party City

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full, practical armor is way more cute/cool.
lady_of_the_knight_by_nathanparkart-d733esj.jpg

If they made Charlotte look like that then her design would clash with Jeanne from World Heroes/SNK Heroines:

janne-worldheroes-newart.jpeg

Waifuizing is one consistent thing with current SNK. Charlotte isn't the first to get it- Vanessa got it in KOFXIV.

SNK cares more about the Chinese market than the Western market.

?

You do realize that KOFXIV was censored in China, right?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any videos of high level gameplay? I want to see what this game is really about.

SamSho is basically footsies, the game. Very high risk high reward. Very low on combos, very high on big damage normals.

If you want to watch some good play then check this vid out posted by SABCA in the other thread. SNK gave the demo build to an arcade with actual SamSho players:

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I never saw Charloette as androgynous as a lot of people are saying in this thread.
charlotte-sen.jpg

charlotte-samurai-shodown-6-tenka-artwork.jpg

Looks pretty feminine to me. The redesign is pretty busy though, not a fan.