• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Appropriate.

Newly elected Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib received a good deal of criticism after referring to President Trump as "the motherf*****" and calling for his impeachment Thursday, hours after she was sworn in. But among her most notable backers is actor Samuel L. Jackson, who's made that expletive something of a trademark in his movies.

Tlaib, who now represents Michigan's 13th congressional district and is among the first Muslim women to serve in Congress, delivered her controversial remarks at a reception hosted by liberal group MoveOn.org. In a now-viral video, she told supporters, "We're going to go in there, we're going to impeach the motherf*****!"

Jackson, notorious for yelling out the word in "Snakes on a Plane" and other films, endorsed Tliab's message in a tweet Sunday.
"I just wanna Wholeheartedly endorse your use of & clarity of purpose when declaring your (expletive) goal last week," Jackson wrote. "Calling that (expletive) a (expletive) is not an issue, calling that (expletive) President Is!!!"

Jackson is closely associated with the M-word. According to a popular YouTube video, Jackson has said "motherf*****" 171 times across 29 movies.
Tlaib also got some backup from her new colleague, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, who tweeted "I got your back" while pointing out hypocrisy of those who criticized Tlaib yet excused Mr. Trump's own words and behavior.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/samuel...ident-donald-trump-motherf-profanity-twitter/

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The disingenuous hand-wringing from the right was expected, but those tsk tsking in the media/the left drove me insane.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Should SLJ really be applauded for this? It's like the equivalent of me going on GamingERA and saying Bloodborne is a top 5 PS4 exclusive. Like... who here is really disagreeing with that...we could already assume your stance.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Should SLJ really be applauded for this? It's like the equivalent of me going on GamingERA and saying Bloodborne is a top 5 PS4 exclusive. Like... who here is really disagreeing with that...we could already assume your stance.
Lol why do people always make these posts. Hmm gee, why would SLJ be commenting on the controversy behind a politician saying "motherfucker?"

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017

1. Yes.

2. Bloodborne is a Top-5 MUTHERFUCKING PS4 EXCLUSIVE!!!

3. Sometimes you need to make obvious statements to emphasize a point to the dull and misled people of the world.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
The man likes hentai.

I rest my case.
Kite-DVD.jpg

Dude has good taste.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
It's just because of his deep association with the word that that this story exists
Lol why do people always make these posts. Hmm gee, why would SLJ be commenting on the controversy behind a politician saying "motherfucker?"
I know he's famous for saying "motherfucker". For me, I just see it as preaching to the choir. Based on what he's previously said about Trump, no one could be surprised he felt this way. And those who follow him on Twitter (and are fans of Trump, I guess) can't be surprised at this either. For me, it's a bit blasé at this point to say stuff like this.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that in 70s, SLJ mom was warned by the FBI he would be killed within a year if he stayed in the Black Power Movement in Atlanta.