• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
www.engadget.com

Samsung will offer an Xbox Game Pass Bundle with the Note 20

You'll get a controller and three months of access to games via xCloud.
That includes a Bluetooth controller (PowerA's MOGA XP5-X+), as well as a clip to hold your phone in place. The wireless controller has a 3000mAh battery, which you can also use to charge your device. You'll also get three months of Game Pass Ultimate service, which usually costs $15/month.

dims

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I called this a couple days ago. I bet we will see t-mobile doing package deals with 5G plans in the future as well.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Im in the xcloud beta and got GPU until 2022. Currently using an OnePlus 8 pro with a kishi so I'm good. Was looking at the Note 20 ultra, but can't see what it does better and we only get the exynos again. Unless MS and Samsung start locking some xcloud features behind the partnership (apart from in app purchases), I can't see any advantages the note 20 series has over other android phones.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was holding out for the Surface Duo, although I have no idea when / if that's coming, but I think it may be time to upgrade from my Note 9.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
I'm upgrading to the Note 20 Ultra from my iPhone XR. I originally bought the XR with the intention of it being stop gap phone, then just ended up using it for 2 years.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
So this is a step in the right direction.

For clarity, does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate allow me to play any game from this list, or just the ones in the 'PC Games' tab?
www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So this is a step in the right direction.

For clarity, does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate allow me to play any game from this list, or just the ones in the 'PC Games' tab?
www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

Depends on the platform. They'll have a cloud, console and PC tab that shows the available catalog for each platform on the mobile app. I would assume we'll get a similar update to the website around the September 15th launch of the cloud streaming in GPU.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
The way it works is you get a $150/200 voucher for Samsung accessories for pre-ordering the Note 20 through their website. You can use that voucher towards the Game Pass Ultimate bundle that includes the MOGA controller and 3-months of GP Ultimate.

If you don't order that bundle, the MOGA controller won't be available for purchase separately until September 15th.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was really looking for news similar to this, have you found a source?
I believe he's referring to Samsung's NeX service, which allows users with compatable devices and a way to attach their phones to a screen (eg a USB-C to HDMI cable) to mirror their phone apps to said screen (and the Xbox Streaming app would be one of them). New with the Note 20 is the ability to do this wirelessly.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I believe he's referring to Samsung's NeX service, which allows users with compatable devices and a way to attach their phones to a screen (eg a USB-C to HDMI cable) to mirror their phone apps to said screen (and the Xbox Streaming app would be one of them). New with the Note 20 is the ability to do this wirelessly.

Gotcha, I thought there was a bespoke dongle, which I could totally see at some point incase certain smart TVs don't have the umph to handle streaming correctly.

Im sure new TV's could just have an app, but their app stores are all horribly managed and hardly updated, I feel like a separate streaming stick from Microsoft would be the way to go eventually.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha, I thought there was a bespoke dongle, which I could totally see at some point incase certain smart TVs don't have the umph to handle streaming correctly.

Im sure new TV's could just have an app, but their app stores are all horribly managed and hardly updated, I feel like a separate streaming stick from Microsoft would be the way to go eventually.
In the case of NeX, it's the phone that's doing all the work, so I don't think that would be an issue.

ShivereZ

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
Mauritius
Being that we can wirelessly connect to a TV via DeX to play and also have a wireless controller attached, this is kinda cool. Game pass is such a great deal!

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if MS will bring an xCloud app to Sky Q (or the mainland European variants) boxes. They already support Bluetooth and have streaming apps and some games on them. That would be massive.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
i want that 20 Ultra....dont care for this controller. but if the clip works on the xbox controller, ill take one.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the controller will work with an Xbox One/PC as well?

i want that 20 Ultra....dont care for this controller. but if the clip works on the xbox controller, ill take one.
The clip looks just like the PowerA MOGA clip that you can buy at the MS store. It's a great controller clip with a lot of adjustments/flexibility and works perfectly with the Xbox One controller. Other clips I've used in the past either did not offer enough adjustments, be a tight fit and/or accidentally press on buttons on the Xbox Controller (like accidentally hit the sync button, which sucks)

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the controller will work with an Xbox One/PC as well?

The clip looks just like the PowerA MOGA clip that you can buy at the MS store. It's a great controller clip with a lot of adjustments/flexibility and works perfectly with the Xbox One controller. Other clips I've used in the past either did not offer enough adjustments, be a tight fit and/or accidentally press on buttons on the Xbox Controller (like accidentally hit the sync button, which sucks)

awesome to know. Might as well get one now before they become scarce.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing in 720p in the current state on such a phone is a big waste. Really can't wait for Xcloud to be upgraded. 720 x cheap quality