• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember if it has a resolution scaler but I've never used them in games. I can send you a picture if you want. If you use default settings instead of nvidia settings I suppose that the output is RGB, but it seems that when it detects an HDR signal, it changes to the correct settings. This was not working before, either because of windows botched HDR or because nvidia drivers were not working correctly.
I'll try doing a clean driver install and see if that helps, though I would be surprised if it did because I just did a Windows reset the other week.

emilegc

Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to try your method tonight. I'll let you know! Is it necessary to do this everytime you load a game ?

I think that if you stay using "use default settings" in the Nvidia Control Panel, you won't have to do this everytime, but by doing this the TV will force PC Mode when in SDR, and it will use "Native" Color Space without being able to change it. But my tv doesn't always force PC Mode when I choose to use default settings, but it does it more often than not.

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
I think that if you stay using "use default settings" in the Nvidia Control Panel, you won't have to do this everytime, but by doing this the TV will force PC Mode when in SDR, and it will use "Native" Color Space without being able to change it. But my tv doesn't always force PC Mode when I choose to use default settings, but it does it more often than not.

I ended up avoiding your method in favour of setting the HDR settings my self (4:2:2 @ 10 bpc) in the nvidia control panel and using the render scale slider in Far Cry to hit the desired resolution/FPS point.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Well my TV just randomly started forgetting input names again. I turned off the HDMI auto switching and it worked right for like a week. Such a little thing but so fucking annoying.

Oct 28, 2017
So, I updated my TV with the sub method. I know this question has been asked to death, but what should be my preferred settings running in game mode now?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Checking multiple Samsung sites for ABC regions.

Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc sites, daily.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Oh shit, I didn't know this thread existed! FUUUCK! I can't believe they finally patched in Game Mode settings profiles! I gave up hoping months ago, no official word from Samsung for two years, and boom! Unvelievable! I've been running the patch for the past two weeks and its working flawlessly. TV is damn near perfect now.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Just a quick reminder to those who get the latest update. Remember to turn off the Eco settings again as the update turns them back on for some reason. And turn back Color Space from Native to Auto again and Dynamic Contrast from Medium to Off (or Low depending on the content). These are the only settings I have noticed the update messes around with, but when you change them once back again it should stay like that every time you play a HDR game.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Doesn't look like it's up in the UK, is it worth a download and install from USB?

What's the new fav settings for the tele and Xbox one x?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
So I have them down and for anyone to critic here are my settings

Xbox one x

4 UHD
Allow 50hz
Allow 24 Hz
Allow YYC 4:2:2
Allow 4K
Allow HDR
Auto Connect
30 bits per Pixel (10-bit)
Standard Colour Space

TV
Game Mode
Backlight 20
Brightness 45
Contrast 95
Sharpness 0
Colour 50
Tint 50/50
Smart LED High
HDMI UHD Colour On
Dynamic Contrast Off
Colour Tone Warm2
White Balance 2 Point
- RO -10
- GO 0
- BO -8
- RG -6
- GG -6
- BG 0
Gamma 0
Colour Space Auto

UK 1208 software

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Just check the Samsung website in your country for the firmware which is 1220.7 Europe or 6 for USA then download the file, extract it on the PC and put the ugrade.mds file on the USB root and you are good to go.
Done! thanks, thank was easy.

My TV is always on the above settings in game mode so not sure what difference I'll see but I'll come back here with any I have.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
None of my settings changed with the 1220 update. I read that a few of you had some issues with changed settings. Did I do something wrong?

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
None of my settings changed with the 1220 update. I read that a few of you had some issues with changed settings. Did I do something wrong?

Only settings you lose are the ones you had before when HDR was active, in a game for example. Otherwise everything else stayed the same for me

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the Game Mode color separation thing has at least been mitigated on the latest firmware. I've only seen it once so far, and it was more of a split second blip than something that sustains on screen. I can live with that, I guess.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like the Game Mode color separation thing has at least been mitigated on the latest firmware. I've only seen it once so far, and it was more of a split second blip than something that sustains on screen. I can live with that, I guess.

I have bought my TV long time ago and only experienced this issue once. I'm lucky with my unit I guess...

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick reminder to those who get the latest update. Remember to turn off the Eco settings again as the update turns them back on for some reason. And turn back Color Space from Native to Auto again and Dynamic Contrast from Medium to Off (or Low depending on the content). These are the only settings I have noticed the update messes around with, but when you change them once back again it should stay like that every time you play a HDR game.
what does eco settings do

Deleted member 40053

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 17, 2018
So I've got the latest ks8000 firmware, hdr via a denon amp and xbox one x and unfortunately in game mode HDR is broken on the one x, colours skew purple, turning game mode off Hdr works fine, anybody else?

Most obvious when playing Star Wars Battlefront 2

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
So I've got the latest ks8000 firmware, hdr via a denim amp and xbox one x and unfortunately in game mode HDR is broken on the one x, colours skew purple, turning game mode off Hdr works fine, anybody else?

Absolutely not. It works perfectly for me

Have you tried taking the amp out the chain? Try console direct to TV see if it's the same. Also cross reference settings with those posted earlier in the thread

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I've got the latest ks8000 firmware, hdr via a denon amp and xbox one x and unfortunately in game mode HDR is broken on the one x, colours skew purple, turning game mode off Hdr works fine, anybody else?

Have a look at the colour space option on the TV and see if that makes any different as you switch modes, it should be on auto

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
So I have them down and for anyone to critic here are my settings

Xbox one x

4 UHD
Allow 50hz
Allow 24 Hz
Allow YYC 4:2:2
Allow 4K
Allow HDR
Auto Connect
30 bits per Pixel (10-bit)
Standard Colour Space

TV
Game Mode
Backlight 20
Brightness 45
Contrast 95
Sharpness 0
Colour 50
Tint 50/50
Smart LED High
HDMI UHD Colour On
Dynamic Contrast Off
Colour Tone Warm2
White Balance 2 Point
- RO -10
- GO 0
- BO -8
- RG -6
- GG -6
- BG 0
Gamma 0
Colour Space Auto

UK 1208 software

On this set, there's no reason to tick 4:2:2. Don't see why you'd leave the compression up to the bone if you're not having problems.

In addition, I would leave color at 8bit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xbox_One_X...ct_color_depth_system_setting_for_4k_is_8bit/

Deleted member 40053

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 17, 2018
Have a look at the colour space option on the TV and see if that makes any different as you switch modes, it should be on auto

This was the issue thanks, I had custom colours set up for ratings, but these had been reset/messed up by the firmware update, fixed now

One downside is a have now noticed a very small white hot spot in the bottom right hand corner, tiny and only visible on a pure white screen :-( think ill live with it

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After manually installing the new firmware, neither my PS4 or Xbone acknowledge that my TV supports HDR. Checked the Amazon app on the TV, and that still works fine with HDR and the pop-up on the top of the screen.

TV is in game mode and everything.

Xbone says under my TV Details: "Your TV setup doesn't support HDR10"

PS4 says "Your TV does not support HDR" when turning HDR from off to automatic.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realize I had to turn on HDMI UHD Color? Why is that even a setting?

Last edited:

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
On this set, there's no reason to tick 4:2:2...In addition, I would leave color at 8bit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xbox_One_X...ct_color_depth_system_setting_for_4k_is_8bit/

I agree with you and that post you linked to is right on the money. This is how I have mine set as well based on the same findings using my own equipment. That being said, the 4:2:2 option is there for a reason, and that is compatibility. Many users here and elsewhere have complained of HDMI disconnects and brief screen "black outs" during gameplay, because they either have a slow/old/bad HDMI cable or some other piece of equipment (even the TV's ports itself may be defective) that cannot handle the full 4K/60 RGB bandwidth. For these users, the 4:2:2 option solves the black screen issue because the reduced color data reduces the total bandwidth requirements. So while unchecking the 4:2:2 option is the ideal for picture quality, if you run into black screens then turn it on.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with you and that post you linked to is right on the money. This is how I have mine set as well based on the same findings using my own equipment. That being said, the 4:2:2 option is there for a reason, and that is compatibility. Many users here and elsewhere have complained of HDMI disconnects and brief screen "black outs" during gameplay, because they either have a slow/old/bad HDMI cable or some other piece of equipment (even the TV's ports itself may be defective) that cannot handle the full 4K/60 RGB bandwidth. For these users, the 4:2:2 option solves the black screen issue because the reduced color data reduces the total bandwidth requirements. So while unchecking the 4:2:2 option is the ideal for picture quality, if you run into black screens then turn it on.
Agreed.

In fact, iirc, the 422 option was added to address issues users were having. So, if things are working okay on your end, I wouldn't recommend ticking 422

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I went to the Samsung website, downloaded 1220 patch, moved the folder into a USB drive and plugged it into the port on the back of the TV, I pressed Software Update and as soon as it goes to 100% it says Update Failed. Any solutions?

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Yeah I'm in the US region and bought it from a local Best Buy over a year ago.
I contacted customer support and they remote accessed my TV, tried to update on their end and it still brought up the same error.
Eventually the representative told me "From my end it is showing that the TV already has latest firmware version so we cannot update it further." I'm on update 1207.2 even though it says I can update to 1220.
My model is UN60KS8000F if that helps.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Since updating (UK KS7000) i now have this TV+ mode installed and every time i switch on the set it tries to launch to channel 4000. Anyway to turn this off and for it just to launch the default Freeview?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This TV is fucking awesome ever since the HDR fix. Bless Rudy.
Hoping they get the USB update released to ABC regions soon.. I want to feel the same about the tv, but cranking up the settings for GT Sport every day while knowing the update is out there for everyone else is agonising.

Did anyone that experienced color seperation before confirm this update fixes the issue?

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
100% not fixed at all. Still get it several times a play session. I'm (sadly) used to it by now.
That sucks.. Really wondering if that isnt a hardware issue at this point in time.
When I first got the tv, almost exactly a year ago, for three weeks it never happend. First it did it maybe once a day, doesnt matter if the tv was on fir 5min or 10hrs, it would happen once and not happen again.

Eventually it was happening every 20min continuously.

However, latley it happens once a day again, then It doesnt even up to 2 weeks before happening again.
Really weird.
Thanks for letting me know its still happening.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That sucks.. Really wondering if that isnt a hardware issue at this point in time.
When I first got the tv, almost exactly a year ago, for three weeks it never happend. First it did it maybe once a day, doesnt matter if the tv was on fir 5min or 10hrs, it would happen once and not happen again.

Eventually it was happening every 20min continuously.

However, latley it happens once a day again, then It doesnt even up to 2 weeks before happening again.
Really weird.
Thanks for letting me know its still happening.

can you explain the problem to someone who doesnt know what that mean?

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
can you explain the problem to someone who doesnt know what that mean?

Take a look at this image:

1CaX0wX.jpg

That is color separation.

Alternatively check out the halfway point in this video, and you'll see it again.

It's only a split second thing, and mine is not as extreme as either of these are on my KS9000. It can be jarring though. It is funny too because since getting this TV and noticing this issue (believe it only happens in Game Mode) I have noticed plenty of games that use the effect in gameplay. The Surge used it I remember, and a few more recent titles I played too. Like I said, I have just gotten used to it now. Still sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten the color separation thing quite a few times, and often it lasts for upwards of 5 seconds. I haven't seen it since the update.