• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
Welp, I was playing Hollow Knight this morning and my KS8000 just turned off. It's now in a state where it's "trying" to turn on but not quite getting there.

Oct 28, 2017
I almost envy all of you right now who have KS8000's dropping.

You now have justification to upgrade to a TV that will take full advantage of next gen features.

Unless mine dies, there's no way I can justify to my wife that I need a new $1000 TV to go with $1000 worth of game consoles both PS5 and series x that I've got preordered.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

You now have justification to upgrade to a TV that will take full advantage of next gen features.

Unless mine dies, there's no way I can justify to my wife that I need a new $1000 TV to go with $1000 worth of game consoles both PS5 and series x that I've got preordered.

I have the exact opinion. My ks8000 still looks great and is working fine. I'd like to get another 4 years of use out of it. I can't imagine a new TV will make that much of a difference, not yet at least.

Welp, I was playing Hollow Knight this morning and my KS8000 just turned off. It's now in a state where it's "trying" to turn on but not quite getting there.

Unplug the TV for five minutes. It should start working after you plug it back in.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
My ks9000 developed clouding, light bleed, network errors etc :( I had it since launch so I guess its time to put it to sleep for good and go for a new TV...

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
Unplug the TV for five minutes. It should start working after you plug it back in.
I've tried this a couple times with no luck. Left it unplugged for an hour, tried multiple outlets (surge protector and direct wall). I called Samsung and they told me to get a new TV. What a load of garbage, I'll never get a Samsung device again. My Sony Bravia from 2010 still works great, while my KS8000 died after 3.5 years.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried this a couple times with no luck. Left it unplugged for an hour, tried multiple outlets (surge protector and direct wall). I called Samsung and they told me to get a new TV. What a load of garbage, I'll never get a Samsung device again. My Sony Bravia from 2010 still works great, while my KS8000 died after 3.5 years.

That sucks! I'm sorry to hear.

And yes, I agree, I'm done with Samsung products. I bought an extended warranty on my KS8000. I've pretty much had every part replaced on the TV. It's the only reason it's still working.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Mine is still going strong. Only issue is occasionally when I turn it on to play ps4 the video signal is static. Turning it off and back on again fixes it.

Oh and the remote often has issues where the buttons do nothing on the TV... But whatever.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mine is still going strong. Only issue is occasionally when I turn it on to play ps4 the video signal is static. Turning it off and back on again fixes it.

Oh and the remote often has issues where the buttons do nothing on the TV... But whatever.

I have that same problem with my remote sometimes too, taking the batteries out and putting them back in fixes it

I disagree if only because next year will be better to upgrade tech wise than this year

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I was thinking about upgrading next year but honestly I'm not going to be playing games on my PS5 or Series X at 120, so I'm not sure why I'd need a new set.

The only thing I'm thinking about are OLEDs and if the picture is worth it over my KS8000.

Possum

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Sounds like it could be the power supply board. Usually you can find them new online for less than $50. They are also usually plug-n-play. With most tv's you can just remove the back panel, unplug & unscrew the power supply board, and install the new one.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I have that same problem with my remote sometimes too, taking the batteries out and putting them back in fixes it

Yeah, sometimes I've found that to work, sometimes it doesn't. It's weird. Doesn't really bother me that much but if it does ever get worse I figure I'll buy a third party remote or something.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
I was thinking about upgrading next year but honestly I'm not going to be playing games on my PS5 or Series X at 120, so I'm not sure why I'd need a new set.

The only thing I'm thinking about are OLEDs and if the picture is worth it over my KS8000.

It's quite a huge leap in picture quality to go Oled from ks8000. IMO worth the money. Every single penny.

Last edited:

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018
I got the same problem as yours in the previous page. The tv keeps turning on with no images right? Its power cycle bug
Yes, this is exactly what's happening to me. I've tried multiple power sources and at this point aren't having any dice. I called Samsung's support number and they told me to get a new TV.

As a last ditch effort I tweeted at SamsungSupport and after DM'ing a video of what's going on, they scheduled me with a service appointment and are covering the charge. Crazy I'm getting such better customer service over Twitter than on the phone, but I'm happy about this.

The appointment should be sometime next week, I'll report back with what happens.

For a minute there, I almost convinced myself to grab a LG CX...

Last edited:

Possum

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I believe this is the correct power supply board for the KS8000...but you'll need to open up your tv to be 100% certain.
BN44-00363A

Original SAMSUNG UN55C8000XF Power Supply Board BN44-00363A [BN44-00363A] - $62.10 :

Original SAMSUNG UN55C8000XF Power Supply Board BN44-00363A [BN44-00363A] - Warranty: 60-Day Warranty Part Type: Power Supply Unit, Backlight Inverter Part Number: BN44-00363A MFR Part Number 1: Samsung BN44-00363A Board Number(s): PD55AF2_ZSM Substitute Parts: BN44-00410A Panel Sticker Number...

Original Model BN44-00363A Samsung LED UN55C8000 Power Supply [BN44-00363A] - $87.00 : Global Source Industrial Distributor Free Shipping, Best Various source of LCD LED and Plasma TV parts laptop Spare Part and PC Server Components Servo Motor Drive

Global Source Industrial Distributor Free Shipping Original Model BN44-00363A Samsung LED UN55C8000 Power Supply [BN44-00363A] - Part Number: Original For BN44-00363A Description: Power Supply Board Numbers: PD55AF2_ZSM TV Models: Samsung UN55C8000XFXZA Please Note: Use all photos to locate part...

www.electropartsonline.com

Samsung 55" UN55ES6580 BN44-00363A LCD Power Supply Backlight Inverter Board

Please be sure that the BOARD Part Number and picture on your motherboard is EXACTLY as shown above. Do not match by TV Model. There are possibly several different boards for each model TV. This board has been pulled from a working cracked screen TV. All items are tested and guaranteed to work...

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
So you guys think a CX would be a big upgrade from a KS8000? I want something to do next gen with 120 hz, but going to another LED at the same size with just a higher refresh rate doesn't seem like it can justify a new purchase. If I'm gonna get something new I want it to be better on all fronts. Also, does the CX support freesync?

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
So you guys think a CX would be a big upgrade from a KS8000? I want something to do next gen with 120 hz, but going to another LED at the same size with just a higher refresh rate doesn't seem like it can justify a new purchase. If I'm gonna get something new I want it to be better on all fronts. Also, does the CX support freesync?
In my opinion it was a huge upgrade. I have a C9 and it wiped the floor with the ks8000. Plus I'm now able to play at 120fps/4K.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom

I upgraded from a 49" KS7000 to a 55" CX and it's a huge upgrade! It sounds silly but I'm constantly blown away by the pure blacks and the picture just pops. I can't wait to get my PS5 hooked up and experience some 120fps goodness.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

I disagree if only because next year will be better to upgrade tech wise than this year
Yes. HDMI 2.1 is a huge step forward in capability and it seems to have clear inconsistencies in TVs and receivers this year. I only hope next is better.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have some light bleeding on the bottom. I have 4 years bestbuy warranty and they said most likely the will give me money and not fix it. Kind of bitter sweet I still love this TV but it's just in time for the new consoles.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
My 55" KS8000 still going strong and survived moving apartments. This year it developed about an inch of what I think you call "light bleed" at the lower left corner where there's a little cloud of brighter area coming from the bottom edge but otherwise zero issues.

I'm the type that won't upgrade unless necessary so barring a total failure I'll be fine for a few more years at least.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
My issue with going to OLED is that my KS8000 is 65."

Naturally, I'd like to go up to 75" for next upgrade. Unless I am mistaken, OLEDs at that size are still insane $$$& :(

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This and color separation for me. I really want an LG CX but I can't justify buying a new TV just because of that.

I actually haven't seen the color separation on my TV in what must be a few years now. It was really bad for the first couple years I had the TV, but I'm not sure if an update fixed it or what, because I can't recall it happening recently.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Going strong (kind of) after four years with mine, though a new set is tempting but out of reach price wise right now since a decent OLED in the UK sets you back about £800-1000.

One curious I had with mine was a curious purple bleeding effect when playing YouTube videos that would appear after a few seconds. The only way to stop it happening was turning it off at the wall.

Factory reset the TV and since then it doesn't seem to have any issues apart from failing to handshake with my PS4 correctly which requires me to unplug the HDMI and plug it back in.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I kinda "upgraded" to the Q80T, but only because I moved and my KS7090 is still in a storage unit and until I finally moved to the "final" apartment, I was like, ah whatever, let's go for a more modern TV with 120hz und VRR. With Cashback and the "Made for Germany" promotion and some discount I'll end up paying around 800 Euro for this Q80T, so it wasn't that much of a hassle. As long as I never see the LG OLED next to it I'll be happy with the Q80T ;)

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this is exactly what's happening to me. I've tried multiple power sources and at this point aren't having any dice. I called Samsung's support number and they told me to get a new TV.

As a last ditch effort I tweeted at SamsungSupport and after DM'ing a video of what's going on, they scheduled me with a service appointment and are covering the charge. Crazy I'm getting such better customer service over Twitter than on the phone, but I'm happy about this.

The appointment should be sometime next week, I'll report back with what happens.

Yep thats exactly what i did. The mod there hooked me up with free repair. They sent a tech to my place. The whole process took around 3 weeks, they basically have to order a new panel and new motherboard and replace it all at the same time. All of that for free and now i feel like i have a brand new ks8000.

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I upgraded to a 75 inch x900h from the 55 inch ks8000 and the bigger size is definitely something special. The wide shots in movies look wide and i finally get why directors don't go with full screen aspect ratios.

Picture quality is pretty much identical to my ks8000 so no oled like upgrade here. If anything, the smaller size of the ks8000 makes streaming 4k movies on YouTube and vudu look sharper. 1440p games like tlou2 are also noticeably soft. I used to be a native 4k hater but I'd rather have a sharp native 4k game on this giant tv.

I paid $1,599 for this and while I'm not blown away, i don't get regret not buying a 55 inch lg oled over this. Yes, oled tvs looked amazing but i just couldn't justify paying $1500 for a 55 inch oled. Sony had their 65 inch oled for $1,799 and it looked amazing compared to the x950h but it didn't have hdmi 2.1 so i passed on it. I can live without 4k 120 fps but vrr? That i can't do without. No idea wtf Sony was thinking here.

Btw, 75 inch is huge. Maybe too big. Also there is no tv stand on the market that is as wide and has enough depth (16.5) to hold those dumb legs. I have it sitting on an old coffee table and it's two side tables at the moment because my tv mount stand couldn't hold this giant tv's weight.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Still have my KS8000 (65 in) Working but all of my apps was bricked except Netflix. Brought an Nvidia Shield and never went back. Wife turns TV last week on and installs new software and all apps are working again except for Hulu, which quits after 30 minutes.

Had to explain to my wife to use the Shield to watch Hulu, so it's all good. Hopefully, I can get 5 more years out of it since I just installed it on our new fireplace.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
This and color separation for me. I really want an LG CX but I can't justify buying a new TV just because of that.
I have never gotten the color separation or blackouts for a few years now with my KS9000. Only problem I have is the remote randomly not working (seems to be a common issue), and a very rare issue where I get no output from my receiver (seems to happen like once or twice every several months so not really an issue).

I have no doubt that the new OLEDs are a significant upgrade picture-quality wise, but I always wondered if there would be a brightness difference (don't OLEDs not get as bright?)

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I still love this TV and wouldn't buy a new one unless I absolutely had to. Maybe my standards are just low since I used a 32" 720p set for ten years prior. HDMI 2.1 features aren't must-haves for me either. I'm not banking on many games taking advantage of them anyway.

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
One curious I had with mine was a curious purple bleeding effect when playing YouTube videos that would appear after a few seconds. The only way to stop it happening was turning it off at the wall.

I have faint, vertical purple bars that really show during bright white scenes. They're like prison bars. I noticed them and had to point them out to my wife. I can't not see them now. Other than that, it's still going great.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
I have faint, vertical purple bars that really show during bright white scenes. They're like prison bars. I noticed them and had to point them out to my wife. I can't not see them now. Other than that, it's still going great.

Switching to an app then switching back to the PS4 seems to have (possibly temporarily) fixed this issue for me.

EasyCompany

Jan 28, 2018

Welp, Samsung repair crew came by today and attempted to replace the power supply and motherboard, to no avail. Next step is for them to replace the panel, which we're going to schedule for next week. The saga continues.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I want to remind everyone to not clean your LCD screen unless it absolutely has to be. I avoid cleaning my KS8000 if at all possible but it had become covered in what I am guessing is accumulated dog sneezes and nose prints in the months since I cleaned it last. I finally cleaned it last night using very light pressure and my Monster LCD cleaning cloth and solution. Unfortunately, despite using as little pressure as I could while still removing the dog snot, I now have a small visible "spotlight" along the bottom edge. I now wish I had just lived with the spots as they were only visible at somewhat close range. It's not too bad, only noticeable with select content but it's there. I won't be cleaning it anymore if I can help it. Not ready to upgrade yet either, so I'm sticking with the set for now since the blemish is so minor.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to remind everyone to not clean your LCD screen unless it absolutely has to be. I avoid cleaning my KS8000 if at all possible but it had become covered in what I am guessing is accumulated dog sneezes and nose prints in the months since I cleaned it last. I finally cleaned it last night using very light pressure and my Monster LCD cleaning cloth and solution. Unfortunately, despite using as little pressure as I could while still removing the dog snot, I now have a small visible "spotlight" along the bottom edge. I now wish I had just lived with the spots as they were only visible at somewhat close range. It's not too bad, only noticeable with select content but it's there. I won't be cleaning it anymore if I can help it. Not ready to upgrade yet either, so I'm sticking with the set for now since the blemish is so minor.

Not really what you described but this tv is really hard to clean properly, even the cloth can leave smudges if it has excess moisture on it.

Also, still not ready to upgrade yet and I still find the image quality top notch specially with HDR content. Lack of multi zone backlight is the biggest downside imo.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Welp, Samsung repair crew came by today and attempted to replace the power supply and motherboard, to no avail. Next step is for them to replace the panel, which we're going to schedule for next week. The saga continues.
When I first got my 55" KS8000 it had a ton of lightbleed all over so I complained and they came out and did basically the same thing, replaced the whole panel and motherboard. Like getting a brand new TV! Congrats dude.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Huh! Is that how I got a spotlight at the lower left edge of my screen? What is it, too much pressure on the panel can cause that or something?

I just dust it lightly with a microfiber cloth every few months and it's been fine otherwise. Only a few times when I've noticed some debris I've used a damp cloth then immediately dried it.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking with this TV for at least another year, it still rocks.
I've got like three backlight bleeds on mine but none of their appearances have really correlated with times I've cleaned it. One of them became more prominent after I moved, but the TV was handled extremely gently and even placed into its original styrofoam and box.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Huh! Is that how I got a spotlight at the lower left edge of my screen? What is it, too much pressure on the panel can cause that or something?

Spotlights and other uniformity issues can appear on their own over time due to panel separation or settling, but they can also be caused by pressure on the screen. Before I got the KS8000 I tried various LCD sets over the course of a couple years that I eventually returned. Several of them had flashlighting or other uniformity issues which I would sometimes try to correct by gently "massaging" the screen (this has been recommended on AVSForum and other sites as a possible solution) and while I was never able to get an acceptable panel with this method I did see it make things worse. Age probably plays a factor in this too. By many reports this set wasn't glued together all that well to begin with so I'm sure over time it's more susceptible to pressure causing issues than it was to begin with.

But again, mine's not too bad and I'll stick with it. I'm just not touching it from now on. I can't deal with OLED's issues so I want to make this set last as long as possible.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Spotlights and other uniformity issues can appear on their own over time due to panel separation or settling, but they can also be caused by pressure on the screen. Before I got the KS8000 I tried various LCD sets over the course of a couple years that I eventually returned. Several of them had flashlighting or other uniformity issues which I would sometimes try to correct by gently "massaging" the screen (this has been recommended on AVSForum and other sites as a possible solution) and while I was never able to get an acceptable panel with this method I did see it make things worse. Age probably plays a factor in this too. By many reports this set wasn't glued together all that well to begin with so I'm sure over time it's more susceptible to pressure causing issues than it was to begin with.

But again, mine's not too bad and I'll stick with it. I'm just not touching it from now on. I can't deal with OLED's issues so I want to make this set last as long as possible.
Yeah I think my minor spotlighting is more likely related to age than the miniscule amount of pressure that comes from lightly wiping a microfiber cloth across the screen to remove dust.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They'll take this set from me from my cold dead hands. Works flawlessly like the first day and I have no reason tu justify the upgrade as of now.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

I clean mine without issues. I'm going to guess they were always there but you never noticed it before.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I clean mine without issues. I'm going to guess they were always there but you never noticed it before.

Nah. I'm OCD about uniformity. I went through 9 other TVs before I got the KS8000 that I mostly returned because of screen imperfections.

Also it's just one small spot.

Yeah I think my minor spotlighting is more likely related to age than the miniscule amount of pressure that comes from lightly wiping a microfiber cloth across the screen to remove dust.

I'm sure you are correct. I was not just dusting. I had to use SOME pressure to remove the dog snot. It wasn't coming off with just a light touch with the damp cloth.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. I'm OCD about uniformity. I went through 9 other TVs before I got the KS8000 that I mostly returned because of screen imperfections.

Also it's just one small spot.

I'm sure you are correct. I was not just dusting. I had to use SOME pressure to remove the dog snot. It wasn't coming off with just a light touch with the damp cloth.

I wipe in a circular motion with enough pressure to clean off gamer gunk and I've never damaged my screen. Who knows though.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a couple of spots in the lower left corner that you can only notice really in bright scenes. They look like small fingerprint size. I don't know if I did it accidentally or the Amazon delivery person did it when they put up the TV. I've had it for four years, so it's not a big deal and I'll keep using it for several more years probably.