• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Just gimme that Mortal Kombat Trailer already! Also didn't know there was a new Conjuring movie coming out and judging by the Warens it looks to be a full 3rd movie finally

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Guess that is one of the very rare things covid has done I really like

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd subscribe if it was available outside the USA.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's super weird how they limited this "flagship" streaming service to a single country.
D+ has more than 80m subs in comparison (although it's available ~6 months more than HBO)

Disney does own it's own streaming technology BAMTech Media which definitely gives them the edge also they bought 20th century and whatever nthe fuck they owned worldwide

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
They're not gonna premiere Matrix footage in this.

It's the fucking Matrix. There's a reason they've ended this and previous promos for this stuff with that title - it's the one they want to stick in your head.

Well, that franchise didn't really end on the best of notes and hasn't been the fucking Matrix in 18 years, but I get what you mean. :P

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That is some line-up. But I wouldn't be surprised if Legendary got themselves a great deal when they finally came to terms with DUNE debuting day&date on HBO Max.

How long before streaming companies have E3-like press conferences with trailers?

Between FanDome and Disney's Investor Day i think we're already there.

They're not gonna premiere Matrix footage in this.

It's the fucking Matrix. There's a reason they've ended this and previous promos for this stuff with that title - it's the one they want to stick in your head.

That's all very possible. if Warners want to really push The Matrix as a cross platform franchise moving forward I dare say they will want to make more a splash with the debut of the new footage/trailer.

In saying that, given that all we got of the new Matrix film was a single title card that didn't even give away the title of the new film I suspect that it might fall back into 2022.

In Canada we're gifted with the privilege of giving WB 30$ per viewing to screw over their artists lol

That's such a weird take. I assume you'll have a similar energy when Disney announces Black Widow going 'day&date' on Disney+ ?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's super weird how they limited this "flagship" streaming service to a single country.
D+ has more than 80m subs in comparison (although it's available ~6 months more than HBO)
It's weird cause HBO has atleast 40mil domestic, with over 100mil including foreign. So im kinda not getting this weird Max drop off, maybe some don't realize they may have it? As for the foreign numbers it seems they went out of their way to maintain deals like sky instead of promoting Max.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
That's such a weird take. I assume you'll have a similar energy when Disney announces Black Widow going 'day&date' on Disney+ ?

On the chance they do... the BW team won't have to find out in a press release.

But they've resisted doing so for quite a while. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
HBO And Warner had licensing contracts that would prevent them from distributing in certain countries. They plan to expand throughout the year.

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
I love HBO Max. I don't even cancel it anymore. Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max full time. Disney+, Apple+ and Hulu are in cancel rotation.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
It's not much footage, but those Mortal Kombat clips actually look kind of promising.

Also, Space Jam 2!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I have no interest in a Mortal Kombat movie, but those snippets looked kinda...cool?

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
A good an advert as you'll see for any steaming service.

A shame it's not available in the UK yet and will most probably be launched in a limited capacity.

Anecdotally speaking, I know people would pay for the cartoon network classics (Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Codename Kids Next Door, the list goes on) alone.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is HBO app capable of 4k hdr yet? It would be a shame if Matrix 4 ends up making its debute with a max output of 1080p due to the app lol.

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't work properly on all TVs 😑. For instance on my 6 series TCL it stuttered like crazy. Looked like a 23fps video game. My other TV played it fine though. Here's hoping it's fixed for the Little Things premier Friday

Did they never fix that with Wonder Woman? After a couple days I just gave up and watched it elsewhere.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People in the us can pay 15$ bucks per month to have a lot of content, here, i have to pay 30$ On amazon prime video to see Wonder Woman 1984 just for one sitting.

I just feel screwed over.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Did they never fix that with Wonder Woman? After a couple days I just gave up and watched it elsewhere.
Not sure if it's fixed currently but I tried for a couple of weeks before I gave up and watched on my other TV. So at minimum it was still going on long after you stopped trying. I'll check it out tonight and see if it's still ongoing

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Movie studios keep pushing movies back, theaters are still closed as nobody knows when they will open, Warner Bros are winning and the consumer is winning.

They were the smart ones.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Gimme, gimme, gimme. A genuinely great slate of films and I get to enjoy them in my home, safely and without someone loudly devouring a slice of pizza next to me or laughing at inappropriate times. A true blessing.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Maaaaan I can't wait to see more of Margot's Harley. Suicide Squad is gonna be great in Gunns hands.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I had no idea the Sopranos film was coming this year or that it was going to be theatrical. I figured it was going to be like Deadwood.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Well made trailer. I was mildly excited for this year and WB but this hit the right cords to make me super hyped. I'm easily manipulated but fuck me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it sucks that HBO Max isn't in Canada, or that Crave or something didn't figure out a licensing deal for these movies. WW84 released here on the same day, but as a premium $30 rental. Let's just say It was not worth the money lol, and I certainly won't be paying $30 for medium-interest movies like Godzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's fixed currently but I tried for a couple of weeks before I gave up and watched on my other TV. So at minimum it was still going on long after you stopped trying. I'll check it out tonight and see if it's still ongoing

Damn that sucks. I thought for sure they'd release an app update with a fix within that time frame. Don't know if you'll be able to check now, I think Wonder Woman is gone from the service now. We'll see what happens when they add The Little Things on the 29th, should be in 4k.