• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

steam description:
████ █████ █████ "Ambrosio", ██ adaptation █ █. █. ███ ████ Gothic ███ ██ ███. █ ██ ███ ████ ██ █ ██ ████ Matilda.

██ ██ ███ ██ ██ ███ ████, "███" ██ ████ █ ███. ██ █ NYC, █ ███ ███ ██ ██ ███ █ █ ███ ████ ██ ███ █████ █ ██ ███ █████ █ █████ ██.

██ ██ ██████, █████ ████ █ ██ █████ ████ █ ██ ████ ███ █ █████ ███ █████. ██ ████ "███████" █ █ ██████ █████ ████ █████ ██ ████ █████ █ ██████ pop star ██ ██ ███ █████.

███ █ ███ ████ ██ ██ ████.

███ ██ █ ███ █ ███ ███, ██ Barlow █████ ██ custodian █ ██████ █████. ██ █████ ██ █████ ██ █████ ██ ███████ ███████ ███████ ██████ █ ██████ ███████ ███ █████ █ █████ █████ concordance.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
The tweet seems to be referencing something as a whole coming from Annapurna Interactive than the next project between AI and iam8bit (there's other tweets that reference Sayonara Wild Hearts, Donut County etc).

Note for those who don't know: Annapurna published Telling Lies.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I did enjoy Her Story quite a bit, but definitely left it unfulfilled a tad. How is Telling Lies? Is it worth the go?

██████████ seems cool.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I did enjoy Her Story quite a bit, but definitely left it unfulfilled a tad. How is Telling Lies? Is it worth the go?

██████████ seems cool.

Loved Telling Lies! Easy recommendation, although I don't know how it compares to the first game, haven't gotten around to Her Story

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota

██████████ seems cool.

Telling Lies wasn't as good as Her Story. It's also a chore to play without the fan mod that adds actual controls to the video player. It's decent though. I hope they add quality of life stuff the respects the player's time.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm torn. I loved Her Story, but I ended up hating Telling Lies. Like, an absurd hate.

I tried to play Telling Lies like Her Story, but the game actively worked to try and lose my interest. Every time each search result pulled up another seven-minute video I died inside, knowing that it was probably just going to be seven minutes of Venom Upgrade just sitting on his couch.

Eventually I figured out that the game just wanted me to fast forward all that filler shit, but then I just found myself fast-forwarding through everything, because everything felt so superfluous and unnecessary, and I ended up losing the nuance of the performances, which is the thing I liked most about Her Story.

The game devolved into just reading subtitles as they flashed by. It didn't even help that I'd already determined the story far earlier and there weren't really the interesting twists of re-frames of Her Story, so it was just the equivalent of watching a lot of (deservedly) deleted scenes in a DVD extras menu.

I really hope it skews more back into the Her Story direction. More focus on performances and shorter clips, preferably with some clips appreciably changing the context in interesting ways.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Not a comment on the creator or the quality of his games (I liked Her Story, didn't play Telling Lies)

...but seeing a redacted word of that length other than the letter A is only making my brain read it as Project Asshole

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Dubious as to whether this will do it half as good. Control's was some of the most effective and compelling world building I've experienced in games to date.

I mean, presumably this and Control will be about as far from each other in terms of gameplay as possible. Other than the possible theme there's not a ton you will likely be able to compare them on.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I mean, presumably this and Control will be about as far from each other in terms of gameplay as possible. Other than the possible theme there's not a ton you will likely be able to compare them on.
I thought it was apparent I was speaking to their use of redactions and that general theme. If it wasn't - I was!

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Telling Lies. Her Story was okay, but I preferred Lies for having multiple characters. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

██████████ seems cool.

I found Telling Lies somewhat less impactful than Her Story, but it's still very good and absolutely worth playing if you like his first game.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reminds me that (mobile) textual-based game where you have to deal with some state censorship and find words hidden like this.

WRC

Oct 28, 2017
ehhhhhh what's wrong with my pc?

even with my android phone this occurs.. like wtf is happening here? someone else?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking Her Story was pretty cool for the first 45 minutes.Then I entered a search term that basically gave away the whole game. Oh well.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking Her Story was pretty cool for the first 45 minutes.The I entered a search term that basically gave away the whole game. Oh well.

Eh, I felt there was enough ambiguity in the story that there's still stuff to discover even if you luck into a plot twist early, Also, the game was only a couple of hours long anyway.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Her Story was fantastic. Telling Lies broke for me a little bit when I hit a wall and couldn't really progress much, but then when I ultimately did, I don't think the story really quite landed successfully in the same way that Her Story had.

Hopefully this next game is Barlow's best yet.