• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier previews for the game have been glowing, seems like a pretty massive step up from the (great) original!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Excellent!

I hope I'm done with Elden Ring and Horizon both by then... lol

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is that date october or may?
main-qimg-52f0e0727f3398cff5651c84c2ce1ecd-pjlq

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Nice. Always had a fondness for Ska Studios after Zombie Smashers X2; Glad to see they're still trucking along.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Man... for me it's literally Port Begging: The Game.

(Also, we use DD-MM-YYYY here in Quebec too...)

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Month / Day / Year stan coming through. The month is the first thing I wanna know with dates, so that works perfectly for me.

Shame about it not being on Steam on PC cause I would've like a smooth run on Deck, but I'll live. Really liked the first one back on PS4, so this one should be even better.

oldyella

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed both the Vita and PS4 versions; just loved the game that much. Can't wait to jump in again on this sequel at launch!

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, that release date is lovely, I was selfishly hoping it'd be after March. Will have plenty of time for Elden Ring, Stranger of Paradise and Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Day 1 for sure for sure.

Oct 26, 2017
Also I was relieved to read this after how much emphasis they've put on PvP (being new and all):

James Silva said:
I say "if you like" because we know a significant number of players have less-than-zero interest in PvP. It is super fun, but is also certainly not for everyone, and we respect that. You won't have to engage in PvP if you don't want to, and that's a promise.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah the UI was god fucking awful in the beta. I was almost worried I wasn't going to like the game just because the menus were cumbersome, confusing and unwieldy, but after about an hour I was sliding back into it. I kind of felt like the game had too much thrown at it and fear it will detract from the experience compared to the simplicity of the first, but that might likewise disappear after some more time with it. Day one though.

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
I replayed the first one recently, it's still mostly very good. The moody atmosphere and general feeling of hopelessness is great. I'd like if this one had some more varied music though, the first one really didn't have much to offer.

I suppose the real question is, will greatswords still be hilariously overpowered?

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
Month / Day / Year stan coming through. The month is the first thing I wanna know with dates, so that works perfectly for me.

Yes. Month tells me so much so it's important that it's first. Also 12<365<infinite or z12->z30ish->infinite

On topic: can't wait. Salt and Sanctuary is one of my favorite games of all time.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the game is true co-op or janky souls co-op? Always felt other games did co-op better, like Nioh 2. And the way Salt & Sanctuary did local co-op was nice, but is the online portion of the new game like that...or is it that "once you defeat a boss you're banished back to your world. Oh and, you don't get to really keep any items or make any progress" type of souls nonsense?

Trying not to spoil myself too much, if anyone doesn't mind answering. I'll be hopefully playing through the entire game via multiplayer and I'd rather not deal with half-assed co-op if possible. It's my one real grip with Elden Ring.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that you can't preorder it. Is there anything like a day-1 discount with this game announced?

Salt and Sacrifice

Beyond sanctuary, a realm of elemental pandemonium awaits