• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't beaten this yet, but I've enjoyed the time I've spent with it on Switch so far!

My only complaint is the lack of a map. Works well in the fully 3D Souls series, but I think it would have been useful in a 2D environment.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
yeah just to elaborate more, i really enjoyed my time with it. Def one of those 2D Souls/metrovania with more of an emphasis on Souls than say Hollow Knight. There's also plenty of game there and the trophies were fun to get, if you're into that sort of thing. I wouldn't say it's as brilliant as Hollow Knight but still a solid game. Feel like I would have scored it a 8/10

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best 2D Action RPGs this gen. A blend of Castlevania, Dark Souls, and Metroid that I've dubbed a Casoulvania. Absolutely get on this Xbox owners if you're into any of that.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic game. Great news. Amazing 2D rendition of Souls, it's a must own.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
This was one of the few games I have actually platinumed. It was a great time send glad to see others get to try it.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Terrific game. One of the only ones I played through twice this gen due to limited time. Initially on the PS4 then a year later on the Vita with the port. New players are in for a treat!

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The best 2D souls like I've played. I never finished it though. The only criticism I felt at the time was maybe it was too much like a souls game and not enough of its own identity but that's nitpicking.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Terrible first post.

Personally, even with some flaws, I loved it. Played that and Dark Souls 3 the same year, yet enjoyed S&S so much more for its bosses, level design and sense of mystery in the darkness. Diving into the deep, dark catacombs in Hollow Knight reminded me a lot of the game.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
That's a triple-dip for me (PC, Switch, and now Xbox). Great game if you enjoy soulslikes.

Also don't forget it has couch co-op.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I played it on the Vita and had a blast... but honestly, I thought the art direction was kind of ugly.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Comments on the port via the Studio's newsletter.

Some of you have been waiting a very long time, some of you may have even despaired. Ska Studios got our start making many, many Xbox 360 games, and Salt and Sanctuary was our first title to be conspicuously absent from the Microsoft console. But despair no longer: it's finally happening! You could say we started on 360, and now we've gone full circle...

Salt and Sanctuary is now on every major console and we find that to be a huge achieveable, especially considering that we previously were a one console company. We have the very talented team at Blitworks to thank for bringing Salt and Sanctuary to Xbox One. Launch day is February 6, 2019!

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
This game is really cool , don't pass up on it folks! I beasted through the game with a greatsword and had tons of fun

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Terrible game, my advice to people is to avoid at all costs.
Strongly disagree. It's on par with Hollow Knight for me. Really good 2D Souls game that's worth the cost. The characters may look silly but besides that you get a decent enough challenge and go through tons of levels and bosses.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
This is one of my favorite games of all time. Been waiting on a chance to double dip and dive in again on XB1.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
ThisIsNeoGAF.gif

Oh wait...

We need a ThisIsResetEra.gif as soon as possible.

Let me place this placeholder...

ezgif-5-95b6babd0b00.gif

Last edited: