• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
Really great historical comparisons. When people say he isn't as bad as the infamous dictators of the past 100 years, perhaps not in terms of kill count, but the qualities and tendencies are all there. All of his actions that have literally enabled more spread of the virus can only be explained by the idea that he intends to cause damage and death. I'm anxious for the rest of the year.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Damn, that was some read. It does kinda put his behavior in context, with the bunker and his lashing out. Ughh, Trump is so fucking creepy, makes my skin crawl

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
No lies detected on the article. Bet the likes of the Lincoln Project will be all over this real soon.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
History is not going to be kind to him

Nor is the present. But honestly for all the flak he gets on here...he deserved a billion times more and even that is not really enough.

Absolutely shocked America is what it is with him at the moment.

In 4 short years America went from being the envy of the world to a semi joke of a state in how its run...and the handling of COVID will pretty much seal this time in history.

Of course let's hope things will improve with Biden..how can he not win in November?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
drumpf is reverse Robin Hood.
Dooh Nibor.
Steals and kills the poor, gives to the rich, destroys the environment, and frees his jailed cronies.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
That's a great read and podcast
https://radiopublic.com/the-truth-report-with-chauncey-de-GyorDQ/s1!1ad9b

When Trump is in the end game and cornered with the threat of losing and potentially going to jail, his actions and orders will get really scary. And he does have all of those enablers in the government now that are willing to follow orders and go down in flames with him, as stated in that interview.

When all these psychologists warn that the leader of the USA is a malignant narcissist, willing to kill their own citizens, people should listen and take it deadly seriously.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Weird to think he joked about being able to shoot someone on fifth avenue with little repercussion, and now he makes Covid decisions that will directly contribute to killing our own people and he still has plenty of supporters.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weird to think he joked about being able to shoot someone on fifth avenue with little repercussion, and now he makes Covid decisions that will directly contribute to killing our own people and he still has plenty of supporters.

Not only "your" own people.
The US have military bases everywhere.
In my region, we had been Covid-free for over 2 full months.
New US troops arrived, and there was a cluster.
It was revealed 100 people within a base had contracted the virus. The base is on lockdown, and it is currently unknown if something has managed to filter out.

Going forward, we would greatly appreciate if you could keep your guys on a leash if you're going to deploy them where we live. People around these parts are doing tremendous efforts to keep things in control.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing article, it makes sense 200%. Especially the bit about "I can be happy if your praise me, but if not I can also injure you to make myself happy". What a scary though.

I am not American, but I really worry what will happen during the last 3 months of his presidency (Nov-Jan) if Trump loses. I fear that both the US and the whole world are in great danger at that point.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really great historical comparisons. When people say he isn't as bad as the infamous dictators of the past 100 years, perhaps not in terms of kill count, but the qualities and tendencies are all there. All of his actions that have literally enabled more spread of the virus can only be explained by the idea that he intends to cause damage and death. I'm anxious for the rest of the year.
I think there's some truth that the american people are in denial throughout the political spectrum. They can't imagine that someone willing to kill his own citizens would be scrotus. That only happens to other lesser countries.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that worries me, say if Biden gets elected, has an 8 year presidency that while not earth-shaking, tries to restore the damage done by Trump and the GOP, and then America elects another Republican who is worse than Trump.

I thought it couldn't get any more worse than George W Bush, and I was proven wrong by a catastrophic margin.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
This talk of "entering the end game of Donald Trump" is not exactly reassuring. If he loses the election, and if his mind really is comparable to Adolf Hitler, he will try to drag everything and everyone down with him.

If Donald Trump is dangerous now (and he is), how dangerous will he be when he has nothing left to lose? I can't even begin to imagine.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
A couple of years ago, people would discuss whether Trump was worse than Bush, and I always tried to argue that it wasn't fair to put Bush's entire eight years up against Trump's couple, because most of the horrendous stuff happened in Bush's second term, and Trump had done much worse in his first few years than Bush had.

I don't want to find out what a Trump second term would look like, but I don't think there will be *any* debate on who was the worst modern President in their first term at this point.

Trump has killed tens of thousands with his rush to reopen and making mask wearing partisan. And that's just so far. We're far from done :/

Neodiablo22

Oct 25, 2017
1*hm2e0cr2KTcuNJCIu1p4Cw.jpeg

He is even worse than Hoggish Greedlly

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that worries me, say if Biden gets elected, has an 8 year presidency that while not earth-shaking, tries to restore the damage done by Trump and the GOP, and then America elects another Republican who is worse than Trump.

I thought it couldn't get any more worse than George W Bush, and I was proven wrong by a catastrophic margin.
It can always be worse

Trump was relatively incompetent at least. Imagine if someone competent was there with the same type of malicious intent.

It can always be worse. Let's hope someone like that never gets elected.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
I think there's some truth that the american people are in denial throughout the political spectrum. They can't imagine that someone willing to kill his own citizens would be scrotus. That only happens to other lesser countries.
Please tell me scrotus wasn't a typo. That's the perfect name for him.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
I thought I already know how evil he is, but this article makes me even more worried about the US. If the professor is right, the worst is yet to come.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This talk of "entering the end game of Donald Trump" is not exactly reassuring. If he loses the election, and if his mind really is comparable to Adolf Hitler, he will try to drag everything and everyone down with him.

If Donald Trump is dangerous now (and he is), how dangerous will he be when he has nothing left to lose? I can't even begin to imagine.

These are similar discussions that have been going on since the beginning of the year, especially once Covid19 entered the picture. Namely about Emperor Trump finding some way to circumvent, or halt the November election, despite it being unconstitutional and him not actually having the power to do that by default. Failing that, and cheating still doesn't net him the win, he would not exit peacefully, and anything can happen. He might even try to become the next "rocket man" before his eviction.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
That was a terrifying read, i'm sincerely glad i'm not american right now.
You can say anything you want about my country (Italy), we are drowning like everybody else and we're trying to recover, but our government has been stellar during the pandemic.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. Something he's actually good at and no one will be able to take this away from him.

I'm really scared about what he's going to do when/if he loses this November. He's still going to be in office until late January and and losing the presidency + becoming exposed to litigation is going to make him the maddest and most unhinged we've seen in his entire term. He's going to have nothing to lose and will do whatever he can to punish the country for not bending to his will.

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
Articles like this really serve to strengthen my resolve to vote out this madman despite the dangers of COVID-19. Yes the future is scary and he will make some truly horrific decisions but this is the chemo we need to survive the Cancer. We are truly in the endgame. Donald Trump will hirt is if we reject him but we must reject him now if we ever want to be rid of him.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Should things really get out of control, we will likely also get this kind of response too from a particular segment...
107793312-3262545060476378-6940691775898569704-o.jpg

Death cult indeed.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
That was a terrifying read, i'm sincerely glad i'm not american right now.
You can say anything you want about my country (Italy), we are drowning like everybody else and we're trying to recover, but our government has been stellar during the pandemic.
If he somehow gets reelected, the logical conclusion is that he will live out his aggression and sadism outside of the US. It's just luck that he hasn't started a war somewhere during his first 4 years.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to think about the horrors of a second Trump turn...

I have enough worry about all the damage lame duck Trump period would bring.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Trump is the absolute worst, his administration is one of the worst our country has had, and without a doubt this fall (the season and the endgame) is going to be scary.

However...

This article makes some big leaps in its historical comparisons that overlooks a lot of context of Hitler's death and end days. While comparisons between Trump and any nationalist populist narcissist are spot on, to say he may behave like Hitler in his last days is a fairly obscene rewrite of history. The context surrounding these two men in their times is so different that the article is unnecessarily pandering to all of our rightful fear and anger. There are plenty of comparisons we can make about riding xenophobia and nationalism in the 30s and now, but that is not the point of the article, although that would have strengthened the argument of Trump's deathcult.

So anyways, good read. Trump's mental state as a malignant narcissist makes him our most dangerous president and one of our worst, his followers are very much walking bio-bombs, and the fall will be crazy. Will he behave like a drug-addled Hitler who had absolute power at his disposal and with minimal existing foundational institutions on the eve of gotterdamerung? Tough sell.

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I've been screaming for years that he's a malignant narcissist, and anyone who has ever had one in their family can recognize this personailty disorder.
My uncle was Trump without money so he only waged destruction on his own family and relationships. He'd demand money and if we said, "no", we were now the enemy and he'd do whatever he could to hurt us - my mom especially. Like Trump, he was incapable of telling the truth about anything - it didn't matter if it was just as easy to tell the truth. He'd lie about literally everything. If he told me what the weather was like, I'd go check myself because he'd lie about it. He ran up massive credit card debt, wouldn't pay any of his bills, and always managed to manipulate family members into "loaning" him money - which he, of course, never paid back.
My mom finally cut the toxic asshole out of her life. He died last year at some point and we didn't know for months.

Trump scares the shit out of me, and the last 3 1/2 years are like being manipulated and abused by uncle, except it's the entire country. After #BunkerBoy started to trend, I got horribly stressed because I knew he'd do something awful - and, true to form, he did.
He has the power (with the help of his sycophant followers) to hurt all of us and I'm ready for anything after November. He will burn it all down if he can.

Just like my uncle though, he's a huge coward and no matter what he does, he'll never change that.

OP
OP
Quint75

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
So do I. The thought has always been someone would stop him from "pressing the button." But would they? All bets are off IMO. This has gone on too long and too far. People with tremendous power in this country have shown no willingness to stand up to him or rein him in. I am not feeling good about the possibility of someone stepping up now or after the election.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
These are similar discussions that have been going on since the beginning of the year, especially once Covid19 entered the picture. Namely about Emperor Trump finding some way to circumvent, or halt the November election, despite it being unconstitutional and him not actually having the power to do that by default. Failing that, and cheating still doesn't net him the win, he would not exit peacefully, and anything can happen. He might even try to become the next "rocket man" before his eviction.
Yeah, I think the thing in the back of everybody's minds is that Donald Trump has access to nukes.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely worry that he would start WW3 rather than leave office peacefully if he loses this election.
I mean that's really got nothing to do with the topic at hand.... and is also paranoia about something that is quite unlikely. Military leadership seems to think he's a joke as it is, they're not about to act on illegal orders from some turd about to leave office.

edit: alright it's got something to do with it, after skimming the article, but this is still truly more about his cruel ineptitude than it is some kind of weird desire to end the world on his way out

Last edited:

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, if someone like Tom Cotton gets elected next...

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Going forward, we would greatly appreciate if you could keep your guys on a leash if you're going to deploy them where we live. People around these parts are doing tremendous efforts to keep things in control.

Yeah I, as an average citizen, will get right on that. I'll tell the government what to do and they'll listen. Maybe they'll even remove Trump from office if I offer them a Pepsi in return.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's harder and harder for the GOP to get elected as time goes on, society becomes more progressive in general, and voting is made more accessible. If we fight the good fight long and hard enough, and the GOP fails to adapt, it will become harder in the long run for R presidents to happen. Just look at all the Republican bastion states slowly turning purple/blue as the years wear on.

Ideally the party needs to be dismantled as the abusive terrorists they are. These backward cretins have no place being installed in government in the 21st century quite frankly.

Last edited:

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Donald Trump is a product of the idiots that elected him, he is not unique in his opinions and ideologys and he is a product of the same system that spit out millions of naive ignorant Americans.

He is the clear and easy scapegoat but the reality is this blood is not just on his hands but everyone who elected him and approached a pandemic with the same level of ignorance and naivety.