• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is out on tomorrow, and I theorise it'll be a lesser known character because they're not being revealed in a direct.
My guess is that it's Tsubasa.

(I know she has spirits and I would acknowledge normally that would debunk her but whatever I have zero idea who it is lol)

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin.
A Rhythm Heaven x TNT duo fighter, though...

latest

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The announcement will be at 1am for me, I think I'll need to sit this one out.
The board will probably crash with the Puyo announcement anyway.

Oct 31, 2017
Terry looked the most interesting of the four DLC fighters and to justify the purchase of the FP I watched some gameplay videos of Fatal Fury and the anime. I have never fangirled a DLC character so hard before. He is my main now and I dropped Shulk, Link and Fox. I just love his fighting style and design. He is a badass.
Dang, you went all in! I still main Link as I have since the 64 days, but there is something that feels really good about putting a beat down on people with Terry. And thanks to actually enjoying the input method for his attacks I actually gave Ken a chance after ignoring him this whole time.

I also really, really like Banjo. I wouldn't play him in a tournament or anything, but his down grab into (insert follow up attack) is so super gratifying along with his cheap Wonderwing. Honestly, Joker and Hero have done nothing for me but these last two have totally made my purchase worth it. Whatever we get tonight I'm gonna be satisfied.

Deleted member 59562

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
China
Crazy thought:
16 is 4 squared right
Could it be
TETRIMINO
AT LAST
It's 4 squares
It's 4 squared
It's deeply linked to Nintendo but not owned by Nintendo
it's perfect
like a square

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Terry is no joke probably one of the Top 10 most well-designed/well-executed characters in Smash. Utterly charming too. He is the successor to Captain Falcon's charisma king throne.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If we go by colour theory then the 5th DLC Charcter would be assoicated with the colour brown and i feel Monster Hunter is the one that best fits that considering how Brown is the most commonly used colour in logos and promotion relating to Monster Hunter. As for the whole Rathalos thing, that could easily be explained that they didn't have the time or they wanted to delay Monster Hunter from being a disc charcter due to wanting to get the charcter done justice so they delayed her/him but added in Rathalos since he was done.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Modern Doom Slayer and classic Doomguy combo pack

Mostly play the same, Doomguy can run a lot faster but can't jump

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be watching for the non existent chance of something Monster Hunter related.

Travis would be cool too.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
What I would love:

- Sora
- Crash Bandicoot
- Sephiroth

What I am expecting:

- Dante
- Doomguy

I think Sephiroth is near 0% chance. Sora feels like a high chance and I'm really not sure about Crash Bandicoot.

I think it's definitely going to be Doomguy with Dante being the second highest possibility.

So far I have LOVED the DLC characters and really enjoyed them (I'm a fan of all the games). However, my buddies who I play with most nights are not fans of most of them and have seen the season pass so far as a complete failure to them.

One of them wants Spiderman (I explained how it would never happen) and the other one simply wants more gritty/adult oriented characters (Dante would be a big plus for him but we would also like Sora as KH fan). I don't understand these guys...

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
What I would love:

- Sora
- Crash Bandicoot
- Sephiroth

What I am expecting:

- Dante
- Doomguy

I think Sephiroth is near 0% chance. Sora feels like a high chance and I'm really not sure about Crash Bandicoot.

I think it's definitely going to be Doomguy with Dante being the second highest possibility.

So far I have LOVED the DLC characters and really enjoyed them (I'm a fan of all the games). However, my buddies who I play with most nights are not fans of most of them and have seen the season pass so far as a complete failure to them.

One of them wants Spiderman (I explained how it would never happen) and the other one simply wants more gritty/adult oriented characters (Dante would be a big plus for him but we would also like Sora as KH fan). I don't understand these guys...
Dante isn't someone who I'd describe as gritty.

He is a jokey crazy dude.

Actually, now that I think about it, his current personality is kinda like Okabe. HOLY FUCK OKABE IS DANTE'S ERA ACCOUNT.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Sakurai will make any mention of the ongoing fighter plans. I don't expect anything in the ways of a reveal, more confirmation of timeline, or if they plan to do a fighter pass (or if it'll be individual fighters only).

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
It's Dante, isn't it?

Honestly after Banjo I don't even care because you ain't topping the bear and bird.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sakurai will make any mention of the ongoing fighter plans. I don't expect anything in the ways of a reveal, more confirmation of timeline, or if they plan to do a fighter pass (or if it'll be individual fighters only).
I definitely think they're going to. Smash is sort of getting to a point where they're not putting out enough content to justify much dedicated airtime anymore and it's not getting the same level of budget for its video presentations either. In the last general Direct they pretty casually dropped Terry's trailer in the middle of the proceedings and the confirmation that more content is on the way. These video presentations are the only time Sakurai gets to talk a bit more in detail about the state of Smash.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Last time they specifically said it'd be entirely focused on Terry to exclude expectations of news about the future, but this time they've said nothing like that, so I think we might get a teaser for the next DLC at least.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
A vague timeline and how it will work this time (fighter pass or not, etc) is perfectly reasonable, I expect that to happen.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I just want a fighter that plays TOTALLY different to anything we've seen before.

Like, the Prince from Katamari Damacy having to roll up items and stuff from the stage to build a bigger katamari for more powerful attacks.

Or Cadence, who has rhythm based attacks. I want it to be FRESH.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Like, the Prince from Katamari Damacy having to roll up items and stuff from the stage to build a bigger katamari for more powerful attacks.

Would have to just build up the katamari regardless of items and such to make him work on any stage or if items are off. If you actually have to roll things up it kinda breaks that character.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Would be super happy if it's
Tails
Doom Slayer
Phoenix Wright
Master Chief

But not gonna get my hopes up. Just please not Sora.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
The Prince falls squarely into "there's no way in hell to make this guy work in Smash but god I wish" territory

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Smash roster is getting so dull with constant variations of man with sword.

Like come on
Real talk whenever people say they dislike swords in Smash I feel it's more a projection of "I don't like Fire Emblem", which is an infinitely more valid complaint considering we have 7 reps, 5 of which have fairly interchangeable play styles.

I don't see anyone trying to argue characters like Link and Hero aren't unique sword characters who've earned their keep.

Oct 31, 2017
Who I want but won't get: Sora, Doomslayer, Hollow Knight, Viewtiful Joe

Who has the clout but may not get in: Master Chief, Sub-Zero/Scorpion, Steve, Kratos

Who you believe in if you live in the world's smallest bubble: Arle, Reimu

Who could get in and I wouldn't be surprised at all: Dante, Monster Hunter, Ryu Hayabusa, Travis

I wanna be surprised though, so none of the aforementioned getting in would be fine by me, too.

EDIT: Feel free to use the above as a template for the next two hours til we find out

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk whenever people say they dislike swords in Smash I feel it's more a projection of "I don't like Fire Emblem", which is an infinitely more valid complaint considering we have 7 reps, 5 of which have fairly interchangeable play styles.

I don't see anyone trying to argue characters like Link and Hero aren't unique sword characters who've earned their keep.
plenty of people complained about Hero being Another Sword Guy, though

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Would have to just build up the katamari regardless of items and such to make him work on any stage or if items are off. If you actually have to roll things up it kinda breaks that character.

My thought was if the Prince is on a stage, then proxy 'items' which are just for them to roll up will appear around the stage.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the next batch is gonna have characters from indie games. Undertale, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight and Cave Story are the one with the highest chance.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
So many people being so certain of Sora is super weird to me. I have no idea why anyone would ever expect a character like that. Disney owns him, not Square Enix.

Looking forward to the Arle reveal!

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So many people being so certain of Sora is super weird to me. I have no idea why anyone would ever expect a character like that. Disney owns him, not Square Enix.

Looking forward to the Arle reveal!
Him being Disney just makes it more likely to me, we already had a square character this pass.
I expect negotiations with Disney to be hard, but if Square can do it, so can Nintendo.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018

I'm surprised to see you see it that way given how 3 of them are echoes/clone. It feels more accurate to call it 4 unique chars tbh.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Doomslayer is where all my hopes and dreams lie.
Proud to have suggested him waay back before I've seen anyone else ask for him, the fact he has steam and there is a chance.

the rest of my picks are
Pheonix Wright
Knight Solaire
Crash Bandicoot
Hatsune Miku
Dante

i'd be semi happy with the top 5 but really excited fir prospects of No.1

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
Hey guys! Is there a spoiler free source for the announcement video? I would like to be surprised and I'm sure thread titles would spoil it from get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.