• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Broke: Bayonetta meeting Dante.

Woke:
18j39mqgtabjhjpg.jpg

Christo750

May 10, 2018
1 year? More like 2 years with the new fighter pack.

I just think Sakurai's talent is wasted doing Smash over and over again.
It's certainly not "wasted" because Smash is as good as it is because of him, IMO. But yes I adore KI:U, and I want him to do another single-player adventure game of the sort.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Season 1 isn't even over yet. It we're lucky we go all the way to Season 4 like Street Fighter V
As long as this game is making money, they ain't gonna stop.

At least, give out better explanations like Sakurai emphasized how much he actually enjoy Smash Bros development (DLC development) since it's more relaxing than base game development, and he always want to works on many stuffs that he could with Smash Bros that he couldn't with new games like cross-overs, etc.

He also enjoy to works on third parties since it allows him to access to many things that he normally can't do like Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, etc.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone for real, how likely is it to actually be Dante?

If it is a real possibility then I don't really care for the reveal.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I'm just wondering why everyone is predicting him.
Capcom is announcing new stuff for the DMC3 Switch port tomorrow + V's voice voice actor saying Dante would be the DMC character in Smash during an interview getting morphed into "DMC voice actor confirms Dante for Smash Bros!" = Dante speculation going into overdrive.

(For more context on the latter, V's voice actor is a giant Smash Bros fan and was lamenting V not likely to make it in Smash at all if Dante/DMC ever happened.)

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017

If Dante is the next fighter then that means Nintendo and Sakurai gave the OK for Devil May Cry's marketing team to spoil the date of Sakurai's presentation with the most overt nudging and winking imaginable -- an intentional, anticlimactic spoiler that's never been allowed in the history of the Smash Bros. series.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom is announcing new stuff for the DMC3 Switch port tomorrow + V's voice voice actor saying Dante would be the DMC character in Smash during an interview getting morphed into "DMC voice actor confirms Dante for Smash Bros!" = Dante speculation going into overdrive.

(For more context on the latter, V's voice actor is a giant Smash Bros fan and was lamenting V not likely to make it in Smash at all if Dante/DMC ever happened.)
Let's be real here... if any DMC characters gets in.

It's definitely Dante.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

50%, & I'm being generous. I recognize Dante as a possibility (mostly due to what Itsuno said a while back), but it feels like people are over-selling his chances.

derangedcrowd

Jun 10, 2019
Would you guys rather Sakurai stop working on Ultimate and have to make a whole other Smash in like 5 years, or would you want him to keep making DLC to extend this game's life until then. Ultimate has another 2/3 years left in it at least, so I'd rather he keep building on it than being commissioned for another iteration.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Would you guys rather Sakurai stop working on Ultimate and have to make a whole other Smash in like 5 years, or would you want him to keep making DLC to extend this game's life until then. Ultimate has another 2/3 years left in it at least, so I'd rather he keep building on it than being commissioned for another iteration.
Honestly, I say make a new Smash game for the next Nintendo system after this upcoming season of DLC. You can only keep support going for Ultimate for so long, & I'd be curious to see what changes Sakurai (or his successor) could bring to various veterans.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

Keep building on Ultimate. I want it to reach the big 100, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi style.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
He has to work way less doing dlc for smash than starting another project from zero and having to deal with a gazillion more things. Not to imply that doing the dlc is easy, because its not, but i feel like this way he doesn't have to screw his health too much. I have the feeling that he will overextend in any big project he takes.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Dante is the next fighter then that means Nintendo and Sakurai gave the OK for Devil May Cry's marketing team to spoil the date of Sakurai's presentation with the most overt nudging and winking imaginable -- an intentional, anticlimactic spoiler that's never been allowed in the history of the Smash Bros. series.

Which marketing???

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
No Masterchief or Steve
Dante is ok i guess

For 3rd party give us sora, rayman or crash
For first party give us wonder red, dixie, waluigi or a pokemon

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I want Ultimate to basically be the last traditional Smash game, receiving iterative updates in terms of content and graphics. Kinda like Overwatch 2.

Sakurai should be able to step away at some point though and make something weird again, or be given an old IP. Let the man make Mach Rider or something.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Keep adding to Ultimate. I see no reason to move onto a different Smash until Nintendo makes a system that could truly benefit from it graphically.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
i don't care who it is as long it isn't Geno.
Good because it will never be this thing.
The fake hype around it is crazy.

This pitiful character is compared to other much more relevant like nothing. At the end of fighter pass 2 after it's completely ignored, maybe they will understand.

It's a random secondary character from an old and forgotten game. And from Square Enix, how many MUCH BETTER characters can we find... dozens, hundred ?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean DMC3's thing is separate from Smash anyway. So even if it's dante the two aren't related

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The DMC tease is exactly why I don't think it's Dante. It's basically deconfirmation in my eyes.

That said, I firmly believe Dante will be in Smash one day - maybe even sooner rather than later.

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018

Assuming the Switch successor doesn't come out until like 2023, I want him to stop working on Smash completely for a few years after this upcoming DLC season. Work on a big-scale sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I dont think the DMC twitter thing matters. Smash likes to keep its dates independent from other franchises. Remember when Joker was gonna release in april and there were multiple Persona events and none of them had Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.