• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
The 3 is clearly referring to Danganronpa V3, featuring everybody's favorite homicidal ursine.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, Sakurai is making a W M with his hands... The next fighter is Wonder Momo!

nCpI2W3.png

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's freaking Digimon.

Agumon confirmed. He digivolves into 2 more stages mid-battle, Greymon and Wargreymon. That's the 3.

Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude, all separate fighters.

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
if people woke up at 6am for a nintendo direct and the big surprise is the 8th FE/11th pokemon character people would be pissed and nintendo knows that
also terry and hero were revealed in general directs, so i dont feel being niche is something theyre actually all that worried about
Hero is not a niche character by any stretch.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Would Dante play significantly differently from Bayonetta?
Bayonetta is bullshit so I hope so.
Dante woudlnt be built around time slowing counters and stupid combos

He's probably got different iconic weapons on each special button, and his neutral B lets him plant his feet and shoot in all directions
Also, if you can't grab bowser and slide on him while spinning around and shooting in all directions, then a mistake was made

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
By all means enjoy it. I'm glad you did.

But I couldn't get over Chapter 1.
Yeah, I definitely get that reaction, there are certain problematic underpinnings to it that I don't think were totally intended, so I don't blame anyone for that sort of ruining it for them right out of the gate.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Calling it:
Crash Bandicoot or Monster Hunter.
It's totally possibly maybe Dante, I don't know lol

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Terry isn't either.
Both those characters are more popular WW than Banjo for example, but some people look at it only from their point of view.
Oh, I definitely agree. People who think Terry is some niche pull are probably just too young to remember SNK's heyday, but calling Dragon Quest niche is just bizarre.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I was expecting the direct to be, but I will take it since I want to know who the next DLC fighter is.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai spent 48 minutes talking about Terry Bogard. If he's spending 35 minutes on a single character, it must be another "relatively" obscure character that he's going to give a history lesson on.

I wish he didn't make this weird pose holding up 3 fingers and there are 3 question marks in the picture. There's just no way he'll reveal 3 characters.
Or a highly technical character like Dante is in the vs games. Just saying

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would Dante play significantly differently from Bayonetta?
totally different, their moves and specials share little in common, literally only the B special (shooting/charging the guns) would be the only similarity, (and joker already has something similar), Dante uses mainly a Sword, and Bayo doesnt have a sword in this game, all the has is "Gun-Fu" which is a sort of melee based combat system that does punching/kick moves that translate into shooting the weapon as well (which dante doesnt have, dante usually uses his guns only for shooting, not for punching/kicking and shooting in the same animation like Bayonetta. So yeah they would be night and day characters. Only similarity might be that they would be combo based.

Status
Not open for further replies.