• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps he misspoke but this is the full quote;

"This is what kills me about it, 'cause I'm a new character. I'm not in the DMC lore enough to ever be considered for Super Smash and that would be like the ultimate life goal. Are you kidding me? To be part of Marvel Vs Capcom or Super Smash Bros... or both, which is what Dante is gonna be, is just like... Come on! That's what I want!"

Whether this was a slip-up or not, it's hard not to at least briefly consider it as one with that wording.
Then you add DMC Director saying the only way Dante could be in Smash is if Devil May Cry would have to be on the Switch. Then weeks later Devil May Cry was announced for the Switch lol.

And now January 16th lines up with the first date with Devil May Cry twitter post of looking out for January 16th.

I'm 100% certain Dante will be announced as character #5.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
EORNbOPWsAAs00Q

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then you add DMC Director saying the only way Dante could be in Smash is if Devil May Cry would have to be on the Switch. Then weeks later Devil May Cry was announced for the Switch lol.

And now January 16th lines up with the first date with Devil May Cry twitter post of looking out for January 16th.

I'm 100% certain Dante will be announced as character #5.
You really think Nintendo, who has tried to keep this under lock and key, would let them do something that obvious?

Now it could very well be Dante but it is nothing to be certain of.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Any character reveal after Banjo-Kazooie is just extra for me.

Like there are still some who'd be great to see join the roster (Rayman, Bomberman, Master Chief, Waluigi), but I've got my main requests in Smash now.

So I hope the next few satisfy specific fan requests. Heck I'd like to see some female picks such Lara Croft or Jill Valentine

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder which gritty, realistically-proportioned human male third-party character it's going to be? I have my expectations in check.

Not really for or against anyone at this point.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
The fanfics that will involve him and bayonetta if it really is dante are gonna be off the charts on the sites i use.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter would be cool, Dante seems more likely

Save Master Chief and Sora for next smash

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes I'm sure Nintendo would let them just announce that date in advance.

The tweet still being up should be enough to bust that.
So because Nintendo is so secretive and mysterious who in no way would allow another company have marketing plans of their own. We should ignore three very blatant pieces of evidence?

Alright... Makes sense.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...Of course! This clearly is for Kain from acclaimed Square Enix game: Final Fantasy IV!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai spent 48 minutes talking about Terry Bogard. If he's spending 35 minutes on a single character, it must be another "relatively" obscure character that he's going to give a history lesson on.

I wish he didn't make this weird pose holding up 3 fingers and there are 3 question marks in the picture. There's just no way he'll reveal 3 characters.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Upon further reflection it's obviously gonna be Big Boss as a Snake Echo Fighter. his unique quirk is to end the match abruptly about 2/3rds through it. Sakurai is even doing a 3 in the thumbnail to reference that he became playable in the third MGS game!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So because Nintendo is so secretive and mysterious who in no way would allow another company have marketing plans of their own. We should ignore three very blatant pieces of evidence?

Alright... Makes sense.
"Evidence."

Look it could be Dante. But these things do in fact take coordination. Capcom couldn't do this without Nintendo's go ahead, and I don't think Nintendo would let them tease it so blatantly.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Alright... Makes sense.
They had Grant Kirkhope lie about Banjo being in Smash so I don't see why they would suddenly be okay with Capcom tweeting out a big hint like that.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Linking those DMC teases to Smash is some Inspector Clouseau-level detective work.

NDAs are serious, Smash character reveals are a big deal for Nintendo, and Sakurai hates leaks. None of the involved parties would allow Capcom's marketing team to blatantly allude to a Dante reveal by putting a spotlight on the date of Sakurai's presentation. The sensible conclusion here is that Thursday's DMC news will have absolutely nothing to do with Smash.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw Sakurai's "oracle" tweet. Interesting choice of words.

First thing I thought of was Halo.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The "evidence" towards Dante is hella weak considering some people here act as if he's all but confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.