• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This game is extremely well balanced imo

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I would absolutely love to see the full data tables; shame it's never happening, but I'd at least like to know who are the least used characters.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that every Cloud I fight online is a 12 year old boy and you will never convince me otherwise

No twelve year olds were even alive when FF7 came out. Or when Advent Children came out. Or even when Kingdom Hearts 2 came out.

Cloud's fans are all old nerds. Like me!

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
For an initially released game, I expect those numbers to become more skewed in the future. But holy cow, those are really strong balancing numbers, for a fighting game of this many characters, practically unheard of.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm sure elite win rates are better than nothing when it comes to trying to keep fighters reasonably balanced, but from years of watching Street Fighter and lurking around SF chats, they don't seem nearly as reliable as tournament results in telling you about balance at the very top of the competitive world.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
No twelve year olds were even alive when FF7 came out. Or when Advent Children came out. Or even when Kingdom Hearts 2 came out.

You're probably correct, but I really think there is just something universally appealing about his design.

My 4yo son has been playing the game a bit on the weekends, and outside of Pokemon characters and maaaaaybe Mario like once or twice
the only other character he has shown interest in is Cloud. And he has never been exposed to any FFVII media of any type.

It's probably because he is the closest thing to a Shonen looking hero, which my son has also been getting into with DB and DBZ recently.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
No way, Jigglypuff is a good character in this game.

Honestly, Sheik is just a struggle to win with online. I say this as someone who got to Elite Smash with every character. Any amount of random BS will kill you while you have to work for every stock.

I can't even get to Elite Smash with one character lmao. I bow to you.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
lmao Daisy fans forcing themselves to use #13 when they pushed her to get in as a spin off rep.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Maybe this is weird to say but I feel like if they had included Shadow he would have been among the top 5 most used at least

Kids love "edgy" characters

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Maybe this is weird to say but I feel like if they had included Shadow he would have been among the top 5 most used at least

Kids love "edgy" characters
My 8-bit dog it ain't just kids that love "edgy" characters. Preteens, Teens, and fully grown adults all love "edgy" characters.
He'd be top three easily. He'd get people who genuinely like him. Plus people who just wanna stir shit with a character that has been joked to hell and back thanks to the internet. it would be glorious

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I mean honestly the game is incredibly well balanced for how many fighters there are. Some characters are kinda weak but overall the strongest aren't THAT strong compared to the rest. There is no Smash 4 Bayo's or anything.

So is Sakurai admitting nerfing K. Rool was unnecessary?
Yeah its a bit strange. He wins less than half the time yet got nerfed? Meanwhile they buff Ganon and he is probably the best of the heavies.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds pretty well balanced to me.

In the end, I think these kinds of stats are more important than theoretically determining which character is the strongest, because it directly speaks to players' experiences. If players are winning about half the time with their chosen character, then that's a reasonable signal they are having fun.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ところで。ピーチとデイジーは、ダッシュファイターの中でも性能の差がほぼないファイターです。

Of course Nintendo Everything has twisted the words yet again.

Correct translation is: "Peach and Daisy are fighters with almost no gameplay differences, even among the echo fighters."

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have seen too many Cloud players yet, and King K Rool wasn't op it seems.
Would have loved to see what the win percentages are for Zelda.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing balancing work by the Smash team. Also Daisy stays losing.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that every Cloud I fight online is a 12 year old boy and you will never convince me otherwise

You and me both then hahaha

Nah, theres those, and then theres the 12 year old kids that use Cloud, Dark Pit, Sonic and dark Yoshi. Is the design most of the time, not the character itself.

He's a boxer, he's not gonna be good in the air.

That makese sense. Until he also gave Ridley a garbage recovery and thats a fucking space dragon with wings, while a fat crocodile and a plant use shit to move like fucking helicopters. The plant is a potted plant, it shouldnt fly, yet here we are.
They should improve ridley and mac's recovery, even if its just a tiny bit, they did it for inceneroar and he didnt need so much help as those two.

Last edited: