• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty well known that Sakurai plays a ton of games, so it must be annoying to share your personal opinions only for it to be twisted into thinking it's a Smash tease. I honestly wish he would talk more in length about all the games he plays. I know he has a Famitsu column (this week is about frame counting), but I would love to read just one or two sentences about anything his hands have touched. A Sakurai twitch channel would be amazing. You often hear that many game developers are too busy to actually play games, but Sakurai is the complete opposite and you can see it reflected in his own titles.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Smash fans can get pretty obnoxious at times. You already got the game. Calm down.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome that he played Katana Zero. I feel like it has flown under a lot of people's radar.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what character he's hinting with this
You see, by explicitly confirming his own tweets shouldn't be taken as Smash hints, it can be inferred that something other people tweet may be taken as Smash hints, which we can conclude with absolute certainty that Travis Touchdown is 100% locked down for Smash as Suda tweeted a picture with him and Sakurai the other month

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
How the fuck does he play so many more games than I?
I work regular 8 hour days and I've beaten like 3 or 4 new games this year lol.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
When you play the teasing game during the build-up to your game's release, it's hard for people following the project to know when you are done with it (considering we are still geting content support for the game and fans are awaiting the next announcement) and just sharing personal information. The same thing happens with Hideo Kojima.

I get his point, but I can't blame the fans neither.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think there was an article recently where he described his setup at home that's basically two TVs, one he plays games on, the other he uses to watch TV and he does that while using his hometrainer. The man's efficiency makes me jealous.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How does he have time to play all these games? Shouldn't he be busy working on Smash? These tales of him being such a hard worker must be a joke!

/s

I think there was an article recently where he described his setup at home that's basically two TVs, one he plays games on, the other he uses to watch TV and he does that while using his hometrainer. The man's efficiency makes me jealous.
Jesus. Is the man married? How does he find time to spend with his wife?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, Sakurai is a beast. It's nice to see he's not jaded about gaming.

How does he have time to play all these games? Shouldn't he be busy working on Smash? These tales of him being such a hard worker must be a joke!

/s

Jesus. Is the man married? How does he find time to spend with his wife?

Married couples don't spend every single waking moment staring into each eyes lol. They have hobbies and other interest. You'd drive your partner crazy.

He doesn't have an ERA account ;)

Last edited:

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
When you play the teasing game during the build-up to your game's release, it's hard for people following the project to know when you are done with it (considering we are still geting content support for the game and fans are awaiting the next announcement) and just sharing personal information. The same thing happens with Hideo Kojima.

I get his point, but I can't blame the fans neither.

But... most of the time, he hasn't teased anything, I think

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. He sleeps 6 hours a day

More here:

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2017/01/07/sakurais-surprising-storage-skills-pt-1/

—How much time do you devote to gaming each day?
Sakurai: Three hours at most on weekdays. I have two TVs in my living room, so I play games on one and fast forward through some movies and programs I recorded on the other while I pedal the stationary bike.

—What!? I've heard of people gaming while they watch TV, but on fast forward? And while you exercise!?

Sakurai: I'm on my way to an early grave (laughs). I used to go to the gym, but I stopped going since most places close late at night. I decided to buy a stationary bike instead, and I've been using it for about four or five years now.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
How does this man have so much time to finish all of these video games

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I too game for 3-4 hours on week days. It works just fine. I beat Bloodborne in a month. I am now on chapter 10 of Yakuza 0, second island in DKCTF, second crystal in Bravely Default and around Day 4 in Valhalla. Slow and steady. Easy does it.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Sakurai's tweets and comments aren't Smash hints. You think he's allowed to secretly spoil upcoming reveals? Absolute nonsense.

WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS WHAT THEY DON'T SAY! WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD PHIL SPENCER MENTION BANJO IN SMASH? IT'S A CONSPIRACY! A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
When has he ever hinted at a Smash character in anything he says?
He despises leaks so I'm white surprised anybody ever believes he was teasing anything

He finished sekiro?? RESPECT no really amazing didn't think he is much into games beside being his job.

Not sure if this is sarcasm but it is common knowledge in Smash circles that Sakurai is a huge gamer. This is why there is so much attention to detail, especially with the more recent characters

Oct 25, 2017
QOd8rFQ.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People are just silly. ST Falcon isn't even in any of those games, why would they be hints?

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I just beat Sekiro yesterday. Amazing game, GOTY for sure and just a nanometer behind Bloodborne for my favorite title from Miyazaki.

Super excited to see the Wolf come to Smash later this year.