• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
arle-nadja-puyo-puyo-sun-53.jpg

hsien-ko-leilei.gif
latest

tina_branford_451.jpg

latest

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Katia from Lost Kingdoms
art-char-01.jpg

Sheena from Tales of Symphonia
latest

Leanne from Resonance of Fate
latest

Orchid from Killer Instinct
hBwKRo7.png

2B from Nier Automata
latest

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Going to ignore the last rule because I don't know all the spirits and sifting through a database is uninteresting.

The ones I highlighted are my personal preference.

Lara Croft or Aerith

Kerrigan or Sylvanis

Naga Siren or Irelia the Blade Dancer

Sims female or Glitched Sims character (we have wii fit trainer and this would be way better)

Eliza from Skullgirls
or Celeste or Hornet from Hollowknight (a thread wielder instead of another nail user is sorely overdue)

Hisako from Killer Instinct

latest

I'm biased.
It's not bias guiding you but good taste.

Hisako is legit one of the best new characters to come out this decade. I personally wasn't a fan of including Killer Instinct characters on my list.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Carmen Sandiego (Carmen Sandiego)
latest

Carmen is an industry icon, and has been a popular character for a long, long, long time. She's recently been revitalized and remade for a new audience. It's an extremely long shot, and I think there's no chance in hell it's happening. But here we are.

I'm actually embarrassed when I tried to think of iconic character that predated the 90s I could only think of Ms Pacman.

I'm totally on board for Carmen.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Kat from Gravity Rush
Lightning from FFXIII
Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
Ivy from SoulCalibur

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Tbh I hope the next DLC packs focus more on actual Nintendo franchises. The crossovers have been fun but they've gone a bit overboard IMO.

Feb 24, 2018
1. Agumon/Wargreymon (Bandai Namco)
2. Either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine (Capcom)
3. Heihachi (Bandai Namco)
4. Kiryu (Sega)
5. Cooking Mama (Majesco)

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No matter which entrance she would make, she should be in there:

latest

Nina from Breath of Fire. One of the best female characters.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
1. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
2. Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
3. Eri (Metal Slug)
4. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
5. Impa/Urbosa (The Legend of Zelda)

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
Sophitia (Soulcalibur)
Arle (Puyo Puyo)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Estelle Bright (Trails)

Shamelessly stole the Arle idea from this thread because it's great. There are also a lot of good Nintendo choices for this, too (Arms, Three Houses, and Xenoblade 2 have some obvious choices here). Hopefully they're willing to pick some Nintendo characters for the DLC after this Fighters Pass.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch is on Switch now so Tracer's eligible! :D

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Sorry OP, can't stop dreaming about Master Chief's inclusion to suggest some female fighters.

I think what's most obnoxious is how easily some of the characters could have alternate female forms in the same vein as Corrin (whose default really should be female). Pac-man, DQIV hero, Ness/Lucas (Paula/Kumatora), and hopefully Terry to name a few

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I don't know if they have stickers , spirits or whatever since I don't have the game but here's five female characters I would love to include in the smash bros ultimate roster

1. Shantae
2. Shiki (The World Ends With You)
3. Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
4. Etna (Disgaea)
5. Katt (Breath of Fire II)

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
1. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou Project; TSA)
2. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga; Namco)
3. Amaterasu (Okami; Capcom)/Jill Valentine (Resident Evil; Capcom)
4. Aurora (Child of Light; Ubisoft)
5. Shantae (Shantae; WayForward)

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
1. Chun-li. Yeah, street fighter is already represented, but she´s like THE female fighting game character.
2. 2B. You cannot have too much 2B in your life. Close up her skirt part so you can´t see the leotard all the time and she´s good.
3. Lightning. Was gonna say Tifa, but Cloud´s already in it and she must not be forgotten.
4. Tracer. I can see her working in Smash.
5. Dixie Kong. Got some Kongs already, throw her in too.

Would be my list. I don´t know which of these already have spirits and i don´t think Sakurai would sit at his desk, think of a character to include, be excited, start dialing nintendo but stop because he remembered there´s a spirit in the game already.

Don´t think Lara Croft, Shepard, Ellie and characters like those would work. They´re a bit too "real". You know what i mean? Like, the games try to portray those characters as actual people, while most of the smash characters are either cartoonish, over top, anime-ish, or mascots. I dunno, just the vibe im getting.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
1. Lara Croft - Tomb Raider Series
2. Tracer - Overwatch
3. KOSMOS - Xenosaga
4. 2B - Nier Automata
5. Jill Valentine - Resident Evil Series

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
KOS-MOS from Xenosaga
Sophitia from Soul Calibur (likely) or Velvet from Tales of Berseria (much less likely)
Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
Kasumi from Dead or Alive
2B from Nier Automata

Not gonna lie I really had to rack my brain, there are so few prominent games made in Japan with women in starring roles that haven't been covered already. Lara Croft is the only female protagonist from a Western game that has a shot at getting in I think, but even then dual pistols are integral to her ability-set. I know Joker has broken this trend of "no realistic guns" but he doesn't have his visible all the time so I dunno where the line for that is.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
I m

Layla Hassan from Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey

layla-hassan--93.1.jpg

She is the new modern day face of the franchise and her gameplay could be her switching "styles" based on Bayek, Aya and Kassandra/Alexios. Hell, make her something like the Dragon Quest hero and give her Aya and/or Kassandra skins.
Anyone but Layla pls. I just played through the Fate of Atlantis DLC and
they make her an irredeemable asshole.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
1. Chun-li. Yeah, street fighter is already represented, but she´s like THE female fighting game character.
2. 2B. You cannot have too much 2B in your life. Close up her skirt part so you can´t see the leotard all the time and she´s good.
3. Lightning. Was gonna say Tifa, but Cloud´s already in it and she must not be forgotten.
4. Tracer. I can see her working in Smash.
5. Dixie Kong. Got some Kongs already, throw her in too.

Would be my list. I don´t know which of these already have spirits and i don´t think Sakurai would sit at his desk, think of a character to include, be excited, start dialing nintendo but stop because he remembered there´s a spirit in the game already.

Don´t think Lara Croft, Shepard, Ellie and characters like those would work. They´re a bit too "real". You know what i mean? Like, the games try to portray those characters as actual people, while most of the smash characters are either cartoonish, over top, anime-ish, or mascots. I dunno, just the vibe im getting.
Chun-Li & Dixie are the spirits of your list. But yeah, I'm not sure if they'd be a huge deal in the next batch.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
1. Orchid (Killer Instinct)
2. Cassandra (AC Odyssey) - uses the eagle for special moves like high jump
3. Yae (Mystical Ninja)
4. Taki (Soul Calibur)
5. Gruntilda (Banjo Kazooie)

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Alys (Phantasy Star)
Gum (Jet Set Radio)
Terra (FFVI)
Reimu (Touhou)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Momiji (Ninja Gaiden)
Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)
Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Gum from jet set radio
2B
Nina (breath of fire - IV preferably)
Shantae
Kitana

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Jade from Beyond Good & Evil
Aqua from Kingdom Hearts
Estelle from the Kiseki Franchise
Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Senua from Hellblade

-Ivy Valentine of Soul Calibur. She's been around since the 90s, she dresses up nice (SCII alt costume!)
Pretty much all of her designs are fucking objectifying trash. I'd rather Smash had as little of that shit as possible.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Thinking about movesets, Emily Kaldwin and Billie Lurk seem like a slam dunk choices.

Throw in Lara Croft, Aloy, and Bastila.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
First Party: Twintelle (ARMS)
Reasoning: Extremely popular character from recent first party fighting game franchise, More unique fighting style sets her apart from other people on her game meaning a second ARMS rep after her would not be just an Echo.

Indie: Susie (Undertale/Deltarune franchise)
Reasoning: Toby fox has a foot in smash now, even having an icon for his franchise in the game, Susie is a playable character in Deltarune and unlike the other playable characters in the franchise, she is a fighty character with moves potential.

Capcom: Monster Hunter (MH franchise, but based on her MVCI moveset)
Reasoning: Monster Hunter is already represented on smash with Rathalos, so the next logical step is a playable character, this also would be the Japan hype character, you'd only have to port her MVCI moves into smash, wouldn't be very hard to be honest.

Namco: Sophitia (Soul Calibur)
Reasoning: Let's keep on the theme of fighting games getting representation in smash, Street Fighter and Fatal Fury have characters, Virtua fighter has an assist trophy, Tekken has a costume, so let's get a Soulcalibur rep in the game, Sophitia is pretty much one of the most iconic fighters in the game that aren't popular for being ridiculously over sexualized.

Wild Card: Mary O. (Super Mario Maker)
Reasoning: Sakurai has shown us that there is no limit to what he's gonna include in the game, and much like Piranha plant, this is a character nobody would ever guess, have her fight alongside Yamamura and undo dog and have a moveset based around putting blocks and Mario enemies in the field.

Bonus: Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat with Frost and cyber Frost as an alt.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
3. No Nintendo characters.
4. If they have a Spirit or a Mii Costume they're a no-go.
Wut and WUT?

Anyway ... following your rules.
1480687234-1538240972.jpg

Lara Croft - If Sakurai can get over himself enuff to bring in a Western Rep that's OWNED by MS he can add the biggest female gaming Icon that also just so happened to be birthed in the West.
taWOptf.png

Filia - SkullGirls "main protag" which is one of the few times I can actually get behind "the clear mascot" to a fighting game ... cause most of the time it's some generic punch/ sword dude yet Filia is not only unique in the over all sense but also in her game. Sure, it's an indie fighting game that's prob never gonna go anywhere ... but this is my list so fuck you.
latest

Jill - RE's mascot. Capcom already got 3 characters in this game so why not?

Tracer-portrait.png

Tracer - OW is HUGE ww and Blizzard is a big ass company in the gaming space. She's popped into the gaming scene as this marketable, unique, well designed mascot and could be on her way to being a great gaming Icon down the road.

cadence-of-hyrule.jpeg

Cadence - For w/e reason Nintendo decided to let this Indie Game cross over with fucking LoZ so don't @ me on this bro, not a reach at all.

Now, for the list I personally want that doesn't follow those 2 rules ...

latest

Shantae
One of the oldest indies that have stood the test of time with a healthy fanbase that supports the IP. Somehow some way a platformer about a lil brown genie girl has been going strong since the GBC days, devs have been openingly campaigning for her and are more than willing to send her out to w/e game they like, her fan base is strong enough to support a massively successful KS and she's already been acknowledged by Smash ... what more do you want?

Twintelle.png

MinMin.png

Twin or Min- THESE are the people's champions and most popular ARMS characters with way better silhouettes and far more interesting designs and move-set potential. Sadly ARMS falls into the "we're gonna make the "protag/ mascot" of this fighting game the generic all-american-white-bread-basic-bitch-boi even though we can't guarantee people will latch onto him". That's a mistake, you should let that shit come naturally. Feel like that's what happened with Tracer, they followed the fan's on that one. (Also, how rare is it that a Black Woman is the most popular character of a fighting game???)
Would be happy with either or BOTH.

latest

Edelgard
She's the main character of this AMAZING FE game and such a uniquely gray one at that. (The game's main theme song is about her AND song by her and no matter which path you take the story revolves around her actions, don't even @ me on that)

DxAWJjaX0AIhvdP

Cooking Mama
We got Villager and cooking can be dangerous AF. Need I say more?

latest

Impa
She's 1 of the 4 characters in LoZ that keeps coming back, let her in

Last edited:

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lara Croft
Jill Valentine
Commander Shepard
Carmen Sandiego
Mavis Beacon