• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Today's Smash presentation was fun but a cool note Mr. Sakurai made was that he usually buys Figures so he can share them with his team and help in the proccess of making the games.

EvpH0y8XEAU36zi
Bottom

So I believed it was a fun experiment to think about what figures he might have, and even share figures of characters that might take the last two spots on the Challenger Pass.

Monster Hunter
fig-ipn-4599_01.jpg

Crash
EvpLJVgXcAEZmqP

And of course, the GOAT
EvpKR9jXMAEY3IS

What Figures do you think Sakurai might have?
unknown.png

The man needs quality figures for his research, that is for sure.

Who are this secret fighters that are locked away? This thread is to try and guess what secret Figures he might have.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter is already deconfirmed.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
You realize they JUST announced the Monster Hunter Mii Costume for Ultimate?

It pretty much kills any chance of one of the two remaining DLC characters being it.

EDIT: Wow ok

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why release the costumes now if a Hunter was on the way?
Monster Hunter got a Mii costume, so it isn't them.
You realize they JUST announced the Monster Hunter Mii Costume for Ultimate?

It pretty much kills any chance of one of the two remaining DLC characters being it.

EDIT: Wow ok
Well yeah they are probably not going to be added as a fighter since the Mii Cosumes are there, but I won't say is a straight deconfirmation, Sakurai himself said that they are releasing them now to promote Rise, and the Mii Costumes are the ones from Smash 4, but thanks for derailing the thread.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing to add other than stating that I love how the Pokémon Trainer and Terry Bogard are posed the same.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
61awjb8dh6l._ac_sx425wakku.jpg

Batman has had some great video games, and if he's good enough for MK, he's good enough for Smash

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I still can't get over how Sakurai straight up used the "for research" excuse for all his figures.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Why release the costumes now if a Hunter was on the way?

Not that I believe this to be the case, but it *could* be that Monster Hunter's development has put him at the back of the bus, and Sakurai wants to add the Mii costumes to tie into Rise's release, since the actual character won't.

....But personally I think the Monster Hunter is out.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The fans have decided the rules, sorry Sakurai
They knew all of the characters going into FP2, so the costumes were chosen knowing this. If the MH costumes are back, it's a clear sign that the Hunter isn't happening in Ultimate.

Though for what it's worth, Nintendo & Sakurai supposedly tried to get the Hunter in the base game.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
She isn't going to appear in the game but I'm 100% convinced that he has a Mai figure

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
They knew all of the characters going into FP2, so the costumes were chosen knowing this. If the MH costumes are back, it's a clear sign that the Hunter isn't happening in Ultimate.

Though for what it's worth, Nintendo & Sakurai supposedly tried to get the Hunter in the base game.

I mean it doesn't deconfirm anything. That their chances are very low are certainly the case. But why would they push them now? Because Rise is coming out and since the next character will be around Summer and the other around Autumn (probably) I can see the last character being Monster Hunter to push a possible G-Rank expansion with even more Mii Costumes.

Fans all made rules about trophies, stickers, timeline, spirits. But none of them stayed. I still think it is possible though I am not putting my hopes to high. The chances of it being another character is much higher for sure :).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean it doesn't deconfirm anything. That their chances are very low are certainly the case. But why would they push them now? Because Rise is coming out and since the next character will be around Summer and the other around Autumn (probably) I can see the last character being Monster Hunter to push a possible G-Rank expansion with even more Mii Costumes.

Fans all made rules about trophies, stickers, timeline, spirits. But none of them stayed. I still think it is possible though I am not putting my hopes to high. The chances of it being another character is much higher for sure :).
But as shown by Byleth, they don't mind waiting on doing Mii costumes or spirits if a character is in the cards. Also, the post-launch spirit event rule is still in-tact (more due to timing, not the actual spirits themselves), as did the assist trophy rule.

Do really none of the other women fighters have boob jiggle physics at all?
Not to my knowledge.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I know it means nothing as he was likely a pack-in with Joker or something, but I did find it odd that Mona was the only non-playable character in that picture that I saw. Just kinda sticks out as it seemed everyone else was playable. I wonder if they were ever going to do slightly more with the Persona party than background extras, or if he just likes Mona that much.

Also I want a Wii Fit Trainer Figma now.