• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

I know a lot of y'all waited on a price drop sooooo here you go.

Pick up this gem.

Update: Now same price on Amazon! Link here!

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Just grabbed it. This was the price I was waiting for.
Looks like missing out on the B2G1 worked out for me. Since this and Persona 5 were all I wanted and now I was able to grab them both for under $100.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Blah, I bought this from Best Buy while it was still $60 not long ago, and I haven't even played it yet....price drops too soon can really give a person buyers remorse, which is kinda why I'm not in favor of it sometimes.

Natec

Oct 25, 2017
Easily worth it if you like VNs and can stand some Musou gameplay

Please buy it so more Sakura Wars games get translated/released 🙏🙏

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a harem-like Visual novel, please people do not try to suger coat it as something its not. However it does let the player decide to not be a scumbag protag(but does give you the ability to be one) and is totally 100% anime. I'm digging it however as I can play this game and understand what it is and I understand that might be a hard swallow for other people. Do not expect Visual novels like 999/the shibuya one( i still need to play that) or Stein's gate, expect more like.... dating sim with some story that isnt 100% offensive to all sensories. (except anastasia's outfit... get a dlc pack to fix that...tacky as fuck)
And $40 is a great price to play it.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
If it's still in the return window you can get a price match.
How would I even do that for a game that was a curbside pick up, that didn't really have a traditional receipt? Only a sticker on the box that got peeled and thrown away when I took the wrapper off.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Is this game good? It seems really... anime and I guess it looks Idolmaster-y?
It doesn't quite go into Idolmaster territory, but it's essentially a playable dating sim/anime intercut with Musou gameplay. Game looks surprisingly good, controls well, and it's funny if you pick the right dialogue choices. It's also on the classier side, apart from one character's standard outfit.

Oct 26, 2017
It's a great game with some amazing dialogue, music and characterization. I wouldn't really say it's a dating sim, there's really not much dating going on. More work team relations turning to friendship and possibly turning to romance.

About 80% adventure and 20% action.

Edit: And before someone brings it up, no, you can't date Azami.

Last edited:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I've been loving the game, but it almost feels like a dating sim outside of battles and it's anime as hell, so YMMV.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of but back to front, but to put it in a tl;dr, the iM@S arcade game was launched to use Namco's new renewable cards and is molded around the popular 'galges' Tokimeki Memorial and Sakura Taisen. https://imas-history.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/02/28/222258
It doesn't quite go into Idolmaster territory, but it's essentially a playable dating sim/anime intercut with Musou gameplay. Game looks surprisingly good, controls well, and it's funny if you pick the right dialogue choices. It's also on the classier side, apart from one character's standard outfit.
Thanks for the explanations. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a game for me though :/

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
Nice!! Just grabbed a copy. I had this and Langrisser in my cart for the GameStop b2g1, but just couldn't find a third game I wanted, since Animal Crossing was excluded.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game with some amazing dialogue, music and characterization. I wouldn't really say it's a dating sim, there's really not much dating going on. More work team relations turning to friendship and possibly turning to romance.

About 80% adventure and 20% action.

Honestly my thoughts while playing it was that it would've been cool if it went full theater management sim, I had so much fun exploring Ginza and running errands for the staff.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Wanted to order this from Amazon, but I would have to pay a $65 shipping fee because LATAM. FFS.
I really wanted a physical version of this, but this game is nowhere to be found around here.