• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I dont get the success of that game.
I dont mean it doesn't deserve it, it always looked hype af for me.
But it released without any big hype and I see it doing well on Switch and performing rarher well on Steam (more than 6.6k concurrent users).
Where did it come from ?
They built hype over the last few years and appeared in a Nintendo Direct recently as well.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
But it released without any big hype and I see it doing well on Switch and performing rarher well on Steam (more than 6.6k concurrent users).
Where did it come from ?
Nintendo was the one that promoted the hell out of it.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
This is good news for the publisher, I just hope Edelweiss got a good contract and is seeing just as much financial success from all this.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say that I love EDELWEISS and I've been playing their games since fairy bloom and I am very happy for their success. All of their stuff has been quality from fairy bloom to Ethel vapor to Astrbeed and I hope they get huge.

You all should play their past games. They aren't perfect but there's usually a lot to like

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I know some people on this board hate Vtubers but the game has been getting a lot of coverage through them which probably helps a ton for a smaller game like that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where did it come from ?
I think good word-of-mouth has helped it a lot. Quite a few streamers with relatively large audiences have been picking the game up, including Japanese ones.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where did it come from ?
I think people took nintendo's promotion for granted, they helped sell this game alot

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nice! If it's big in Japan, it's always a bigger incentive to keep a series going. Haven't had a chance to play my copy yet, but have seen a lot of people being retweeted on XSEED's Twitter with pics of their LE copies. I know they said that Switch outsold it 2-1, but considering what I'm seeing on Twitter, it looks much higher than that (and may be a bigger gap as time goes on, too).

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that only 2 people developed the game makes it even more impressive. I can't wait to see what they'd accomplish with a sequel now that they've laid the groundwork.

Oct 26, 2017
I just wanna say that I love EDELWEISS and I've been playing their games since fairy bloom and I am very happy for their success. All of their stuff has been quality from fairy bloom to Ethel vapor to Astrbeed and I hope they get huge.

You all should play their past games. They aren't perfect but there's usually a lot to like
How about that. Didn't realize that they did Astebreed as well which is on Switch I remembered:

www.nintendo.com

Astebreed for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Astebreed and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

How is it?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Where did it come from ?
The game got a nice push from Nintendo and extremely strong word of mouth.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm very happy for the devs and publisher. There was a sudden interest in review copies from what it seems as well! Can't wait to try it out later this year

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Where did it come from ?

Most of the talk comes from the rice farming. It seems very detailed and close to the reality.
Even some real farmers are giving their opinions about the game.

Btw, the game is getting exposure on TV now, so it'll keep growing up next weeks.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
It jumped 18% at market open and then tanked 12%. Finished the day -6%.

It's only up 0.5% since the beginning of September, joke thread?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty nice. I've seen this thing and instantly thought "oh they really liked that Muramasa dlc featuring farmer man" and the trailer for that dlc, i could bet they really loved that vibe.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I knew I should have picked this up physical when I had the chance... looks like it's sold out all around me.

I'll have to go digital sometime this holiday when I clear up that backlog! Game looks great.
Both Amazon and Best Buy have the Divine Edition in stock online.

Amazon.com: Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin - Divine Edition - Nintendo Switch: Marvelous USA Inc: Video Games

Amazon.com: Sakuna Of Rice and Ruin - Divine Edition - Nintendo Switch: Marvelous USA Inc: Video Games

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool to see a game from a small dev team finding success like that. Noticed quite a few VTubers playing this, watched a bit of Marine's playthrough myself. Game seems cute and fun.
Congrats to the devs!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Happy for them.

I saw some comments in here from people who never heard about this game. I think people are just not interested in this title.

This is the first Sakuna thread in Era I made, which only received 30 replies lol. People have made quite a bunch of threads since then, but it's still not getting popular. So yeah, it's just one of those times where niche titles aren't really appreciated here.

www.resetera.com

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin new trailer [PS4/PC, Fall 2018]

The game is due out for PlayStation 4 and PC this fall. Lock if old.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How about that. Didn't realize that they did Astebreed as well which is on Switch I remembered:

www.nintendo.com

Astebreed for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Astebreed and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

How is it?

Very fun but can be overwhelming at first.

Its like what you would get if you made Zone of the Enders into a Danmaku/bullet hell type game.

Its pretty short story wise but the fun is in getting better at managing what it throws at you. Art is very nice to look at as well.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Marvelous should put some of this cash into more ports. I'd take Little King's Story, Muramasa Rebirth and Half-Minute Hero 1+2 on Switch. And bring back Cry-On.

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
FYI if you buy the Divine edition from Amazon: for my shipment they tossed it into a bubble mailer and the shiny outer box got partially crushed. It's the usual dice roll when it comes to Amazon shipping any special edition of a video game.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Switch trailer randomly and thought it looked interesting. Happy to hear its good and finding success!

Feb 15, 2019
How's the performance on Switch? Still unsure on what platform to buy it on but if the performance is great on Switch I might pick it up on Switch over PC.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks really cool, I wish I did not have so much other stuff that I have bought this year and still have not played. This definitely caught my interest. Is the Switch port good or should I get it for PS4?