• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sound awful, going for a "they were the baddies" is overplayed as fuck.

A GTA IV approach won't help.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Am i the only one that loved SR4? IT was a fun time. Not up par with sr2 or even 3 but it did crackdown better than crackdown itself loool

The issue with SR4 is that it completely changed the focus of the game. Not only with the aliens story, but also by giving most of the development time and focus to the main plot, with the open world being mostly reused assets from SR3 with the new super powers. The open world felt basically vestigial. There were tons of new areas, but limited to linear one shot story missions and even the open world activities often had much less context than before (like no story for the assassination missions).

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the more I read this, the more I want it to fuck off into the sun. You want me to fire at Pierce and Shaundi, we're gonna have words. Nothing about this seems good in the grand scheme of Saints Row, and I imagine if it's all true, and there's some big "the Saints were the good guys all along" kind of thing waiting in the wings for a dramatic late-game revelation, this leak must be absolutely heartbreaking for Volition.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I can't go against my SR homies. :/

That's a horrible setup which will seriously hold be back from buying this.

Oct 27, 2017
Going against the Saints? Fuck that shit, can't kill my homies. Also, Gat died? Was that when he went to Hell and then came back as a cop in Seoul in Agents of Mayhem?

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I wonder that means the characters who got killed off screen in 4 (with one appearing in Gat) are back alive and bad now. Which is fine since a lot of ones killed off were not good people.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good! No superpowers is really important. They may have felt good, but where bad for the overall gameplay in my opinion.

If we don't play the original Saints it's basically a reboot, but it sounds fun to have my old saints around as antagonists. However they should not be the real antagonists. And in the end they will help the new gang. Because they are good guys deep down.... kinda

Last edited:

unknownspectator

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
honestly, it sounds amazing. Hell, they kinda did hinted at the fact that we may go after the cast in AoM with Gatt being a cop and pierce being the head of the saints. Damn shame they are keeping Gatt dead for real though cause a boss fight against him would be ace. Just think about it, to prove you're the man you have to kill THE MAN.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Hell yes, sounds good. SR3 was my first Saints game which i really liked. It came with SR2 as a free download and when i played that it became one of my fav games. The perfect mix of serious and goofy. So anything that's closer to SR2 is great.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
"Not cartoony at all'

That sounds bad to me, Saint Row 3 was an awesome cartoony game, and its graphics have aged better than some of the drabby sandbox games from that time. I hope they're not catering to people who would want to ground it, that would dilute the charm and make a more generic game.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds great, but I follow the one true path of Saints Row 2 being the pinicle of the series and 3 being where it started to drift away from my interests

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds potentially good to me; I enjoyed 4 but 2 is still my favorite and there's really no path from 4 to a game more in the vein of 2. Added bonus is that the in-universe explanation for the zanier stuff still leaves room for setting more games in that fictional universe if they wanted to.

I will say I fully expect that at least some of the old Saints will be recruitable/not actually as evil as your character thinks. Like I'd expect a fight with Shaundi to end with her being made to realize what the Saints have become or something, not just killing her.

Whatever it is I'm willing to give it a shot whenever it shows up.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Returning to Stilwater rings of the right moves.

Steelport remains one the most bland city landscapes put to open world gameplay.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Im having a hard time stomaching the idea of killing Da Homies™️, But it could really be something interesting depending on the execution if it. If the Gat thing is true, I hope theyre more a sad relatable type of Evil due to why they became the way they are. Also, im sure not all Saints will be evil, im sure there will be turncoats.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
All sounding good to me. The zanier the Saints got, the less I wanted to play as the boss. Next best thing is to have them become the antagonist and basically restart from the ground up

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Time for some
1496538604286.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds veeeery cool. Hoping it pans out. I really like the idea of flipping the script on the OG Saints, which feels very evocative of the bit with Julius in SR2.

Geeklat

Feb 13, 2018
The Boss is one of my favorite characters from a video game. They were really important and meant more to me than they should have. I can't fight them.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I love the idea of making 4 and Gat into a TV show. Loathe the idea of having to kill the Saints. Not sure I'd want to play this game if that plot is true. Pierce is a homey for life and that sing-along is one of my favorite moments. However, the end of 3 with the save Shaundi moment... no way I want to kill her after that.

Heck the only cast of 3 that I can think of off hand I wouldn't care about dying is Angel. Not because his VA was Hulk Hogan but because he just isn't memorable like the other cast.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can kinda appreciate them going back to the older formula a bit. When they went way wackier it was a time when there were tons of similar games. Now there's still tons of open world stuff, but the actual GTA-like crime story with cars and guns are few and far between these days.

That being said, I still liked 3 and 4 more than 1 and 2, but who knows, maybe without the genre fatigue it'll work out better.

If you are going against the Saints though, fuck not having a Gat boss fight though. At least you know that'd be cool. Can't say I give many shits about fighting like Pierce.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Stilwater, tone similar to SR2, customisation similar to SR2 and fighting a corporatised Saints. I would love for this to be real.

Especially Stilwater. I still think it's the best designed open world in a GTA style game.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'd like the tone swinging somewhat back towards SR2....I really don't understand the premise of making the Saints into the baddies.

Unless you wanna reboot the entire franchise, having the Boss become a faceless evil mook villain is absolutely not the way to go.

I'd rather they reset the character entirely, rather than make them, Shaundi, or Pearce into the villain(s).

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, going against the Saints is gonna be a entire feels bad endeavor. Can't wait to see how this game's characterization is gonna try to ruin and try to make me hate some of my favorite characters. I love me some Saints Row though, so hopefully this will turn out good enough to actually make me wanna go against the Saints.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Retconning 4 and Hell? Ok, that's cool.

More like SR 3? Yeah we can do that.

Saints are the bad guys? Nope, this is gonna be a trainwreck of epic proportions. Can't wait to see the super edgy and problematic portrayals of Pierce, Shaundi and the Boss just to make them eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevillllllllllllllllllllllllll

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I want this to be true.
I'm gonna miss The Boss, especially my sassy latina boss, but if I have to nuke her from orbit, so be it.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
ERA: "Wow Trevor is such a terrible character."

Also ERA: "I can't go against the gang full of Trevors! They're my homies!"

Did y'all forget Julius's entire character arc in SR1 and 2? This is the logical culmination of exactly what he said.